It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mount ST Helens Dome Splits

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Nov 28, 2004 (AXcess News) Mount St. Helens WA - An earthquake that registered 3.1 on Saturday at Mount St. Helens has split the dome, worrying seismologists of a pending eruption.

The agency issued a Level 2 Volcano advisory, which means "an eruption could occur without warning, but an eruption is not imminently underway," which gives the agency time to prepare and alert public safety authorities, she said.

www.axcessnews.com...

According to some Native American Indian friends of mine (from one section of the Hopi tribe), they have a prophesy that talks about this volcanoe.
It is said that when Mt raniers little sister St Helens speaks, Ranier will answer her all the louder.
If you check out the USGS website for seismic activity, over the last 3-4 days the activity underneath Ranier has been going nuts, and with the rising new lava dome of St Helens cracking and splitting and now even the vulcanologist saying st Helens represent a clear and present danger, I just wanted to warn those who live anywhere near these two volcanoes......I could be wrong, but I feel something big is going to happen very soon, maybe within weeks.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Rainier is getting ready...

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Two days ago I emailed PNW USGS and told them this would happen, they would not respond to my email

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Compare with this just two days earlier...

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Thanks for posting the seismo pics Helmutt, they are very worrying indeed with the amount of current activity underneath both St Helens and Ranier at the same time, this does not bode well, Im at work at the moment and so dont have much time to research....so Im asking for some help.....are the other know and active volcanoes around the US also experiancing a sudden spike and increase of activity within the last 2-5 days???/ I would be grateful if somene could do a litttle checking as I havent the time till I get home in about 8hours time?

[edit on 2-12-2004 by radiant_obsidian]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   
USGS must have the worst web site for any up to the minute updates, there is no mention of it at all on their site, makes one wonder what they do with all that funding, gee wilikers who can you depend on up there for a current update if you live nearby?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Just got this now. It�s looking worse if you ask me...

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
to photos of the split of the dome ?

USGS has nothing, and the link in the first post wants you to subscribe to something

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iwunder
to photos of the split of the dome ?

USGS has nothing, and the link in the first post wants you to subscribe to something

Just click on my pictures to get to the original pages where I captured the images...

Here�s a good entry-page for these:
www.ess.washington.edu...
All three examples above are from "FMW EHZ UW : Mt Fremont, Rainier"...

EDIT: uh, I missed that... Photos of the split of the dome for St. Helens. Nope. I just have link to the cam (and it�s night right now) : www.fs.fed.us...

[edit on 2004/12/2 by Hellmutt]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Uh-oh, I get that sinking feeling, the seismo's barely seem to be able to keep up with the amount of activity. Im gonna try and find the prophesy I mentioned earlier in the thread about both the volcanoes echoing each others eruptions for you guys to read.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   

"The time will come when Little Sister will speak, and Grandfather will answer. And the land will be swept clean to the ocean." Sun Bear explained that Donald Matheson, a leader of the Puyallup tribe, moved his people to Idaho in 1979 because he believed it was time for this prophecy to be fulfilled. In March 1980, the mountain that we call little sister began to whisper. May 18th of 1980, the Little Sister spoke with a cubic mile of mountain that was spread over the northwest area, and many other parts of the world... "The Little Sister is called Mount St. Helens. Soon, the Grandfather is going to answer so much bigger. That one is called Mt. Rainier."

[edit on 2004/12/2 by Hellmutt]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I take it by eberyones post that rainer can have a larg ereption.
now Im dont know much about rainer but have read some on other super volcanios (talking cones here not yellow stone
and even the biggest would hardly destroy even the state its in let along the intire country .
so wile I grant you there mite possbily be a Blast radies of 1000 square miles considering the area were its at the ecnomial and even the amount of deaths will be minum .
now if even helen was outside new york then massive problems but seems to me the US will survive and this old Gia will still be spining.
Ps occording to my understanding though if yellow stone was to go super then The US mite just be tost . So in the end its only yellowstone I worry with living in florida like I do rainer or helen arenot a threat to me.
pss 1000 square miles is only 100 miles times 100 miles not much on most state scales.
Pss Intellengen are we ?then why did we rename our planet DIRT=earth
lol gia (spelling?) =Mother or bringer of life . I say we start a potichion to start using the old name again.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simcity4Rushour
I take it by eberyones post that rainer can have a larg ereption.
now Im dont know much about rainer but have read some on other super volcanios (talking cones here not yellow stone
and even the biggest would hardly destroy even the state its in let along the intire country .
so wile I grant you there mite possbily be a Blast radies of 1000 square miles considering the area were its at the ecnomial and even the amount of deaths will be minum .
now if even helen was outside new york then massive problems but seems to me the US will survive and this old Gia will still be spining.
Ps occording to my understanding though if yellow stone was to go super then The US mite just be tost . So in the end its only yellowstone I worry with living in florida like I do rainer or helen arenot a threat to me.
pss 1000 square miles is only 100 miles times 100 miles not much on most state scales.
Pss Intellengen are we ?then why did we rename our planet DIRT=earth
lol gia (spelling?) =Mother or bringer of life . I say we start a potichion to start using the old name again.

Where are you from? I don't understand much of this.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Ulvetann, i I think they just have pretty poor spelling, or wrote it in a rush and posted it before checking it, I can understand it mostly, but the grammer leaves a lot to be desired.
Does anyone know If similar Us volcanoes such as Mt Hood are showing increased seismic activity?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Persoonly im tired of people pointing out my spelling errors . Ok EVERYONE listen up MY SPELLING BITES. You can spell better .Feal better now?
But ill take on most am better then manny (probly not all though )on space science . We watched columbia (shuttle launch in school back in the 80des and when it blew up I was yelling at the screen because I already KNEW they blew a gasket.
The morel to this rant is you can spell good I knew quite a bite of REAL science the next guy knews Tons of photo shop . we all have our strong points and we all have our week ones.
so EVERY one befor you start pointing out my week points try looking at your own.
Of corse if you do know more science then me thats ok to after all im not all knowing.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by radiant_obsidian
Ulvetann, i I think they just have pretty poor spelling, or wrote it in a rush and posted it before checking it, I can understand it mostly, but the grammer leaves a lot to be desired.
Does anyone know If similar Us volcanoes such as Mt Hood are showing increased seismic activity?

Link to info about Mt. Hood
But there is no recordings of any seismic activities, I think.

This is yesterdays seismic activity:
www.ess.washington.edu... -Quite quiet.

[edit on 2-12-2004 by Ulvetann]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Thanks for the links Ulvetaan, so its only Rainier and St Helens acting up at the moment. Im gonna keep an eye out for any localised earthquake activity in a 500km radi of these monsters as this would be a sign of a general build up of seismic pressure in these areas.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Check out the webcam and check out the light in st helens crater , I lost the webcam link I will come back and paste it in link to link

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Sorry here is the link Looks like some moltem magma activity

Johnson Ridge Webcam

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I remember back in '80 when St. Helens blew. There was ash everywhere. I remember waking up in the morning and our cars were covered in it and it looked cloudy. Now I live in Missouri. If Rainier blows, which I think we all know is about to happen, it just might be a real cold winter.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join