It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Physicists Launch Campaign To Rebuild Tesla’s Wardenclyffe Tower And Power The World

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Please hurry up, Fortis are criminals and we need to be free of them.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: TheJourney
The idea is that there is naturally massive amounts of energy pulsing from the earth to the atmosphere and back. The idea is to somehow utilize this energy that is naturally occurring, already existing in the atmosphere, harness it, and transmit it wirelessly.

What makes you think this project is about that?

Have you even bothered to read how they are going to power it?

What are you talking about? Did YOU even read the article?

The principle behind the current design is that we already have an unlimited source for all the energy we could need – the sun. A 100,000 square kilometer solar array in a nice, sunny desert somewhere could provide for all our global power needs. The problem lies in distributing that power, as current systems leak so much energy.

Tesla’s proposed network of towers were designed to make use of the Earth’s own inherent conductivity, transmitting energy through the ground and the ionosphere with very little wastage.

I'm feeling fairly confident that you're trolling.

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Yes, I read it, you did not and are just trolling - again, it is not about "free energy", it is supposed to be about distributing energy..

Just how much do you think a 100,000 square kilometer solar array would cost?

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

Yes, I read it, you did not and are just trolling - again, it is not about "free energy", it is supposed to be about distributing energy..

Just how much do you think a 100,000 square kilometer solar array would cost?

Once you build the required equipment to harness the energy, it could be used in practically unlimited quantities indefinitely.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
It would seem most of you are neglecting the existence of ley lines, obelisks and natural hot spots of natural earth energy. Lets not forget vibrational waves.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: LeoStarchild
It would seem most of you are neglecting the existence of ley lines, obelisks and natural hot spots of natural earth energy. Lets not forget vibrational waves.

As they have no real meaning most people ignore them....

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

a reply to: 8675309jenny

Tesla believed that electricity was easily obtainable anywhere simply by pulling it out of thin air (or even in the absense of air in space), harnessing the same phenomena that builds static in the clouds.

Regardless of what he may or may not have believed he KNEW

The transmitter itself was to have been powered by a 200 kilowatt Westinghouse alternating current industrial generator.
en.wikipedia.org...

Is that not correct?

That was 100years ago.

Wardenclyffe is a Model-T compared to a brand new S-class these days

That's cute but is it meaningful?

Are you implying this project in the OP will transmit power not generated traditional means?

Who said anything about that? Wardenclyffe had nothing to do with capturing free energy, it was a transmitter and powered by a steam engine im pretty sure.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
More power to them! If they pull this off then it will truly change the world.I hope they get so far along in the process that no one can stop them.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

Tesla believed that electricity was easily obtainable anywhere simply by pulling it out of thin air (or even in the absense of air in space), harnessing the same phenomena that builds static in the clouds.

Regardless of what he may or may not have believed he KNEW

The transmitter itself was to have been powered by a 200 kilowatt Westinghouse alternating current industrial generator.
en.wikipedia.org...

Is that not correct?

That was 100years ago.

Wardenclyffe is a Model-T compared to a brand new S-class these days

That's cute but is it meaningful?

Are you implying this project in the OP will transmit power not generated traditional means?

I could have elaborated I guess also. Replicating Wardenclyffe is kinda pointless because things like HAARP can do everything Wardenclyffe could have and 10x more.

As far as capturing free energy I believe the key lies in inducing currents in large coil arrays, but I don't even understand .001% of Teslas works

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
Slightly off-topic, but an interesting system used in Australia for many years is the SWER system. Single Wire Earth Return. It functions by running a single HV conductor to a transformer many miles away and uses the earth as neutral. It's used to save time and money running power to remote properties. I know it's not the same, but it just goes to show what a good conductor the earth is.

Earth return systems are actually pretty much standard and only rare in single phase I believe because it can cause dangerous static buildup so you need resistors along the line. The neutral 4th wire seen on most 3phase power poles is mainly to balance uneven loads and avoid huge static as I understand it.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Their video infers it:

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Who said anything about that?
You? www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Who said anything about that?
You? www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ahh well if it sounded like I was trying to link Wardenclyffe to capturing free energy, I apologize.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
So that we're all on the same page, the article is not talking about "free energy" by means of capturing energy in the ionosphere, or charging the ionosphere, or pulsing waves to harness a flow within the ionosphere. It's kinda cool to think about, but has nothing to do with the reality of their project.

They propose that this tesla tower can transmit power once an energy source is obtained. They propose solar technology. This seems to work well, as one problem with solar, is the sheer size compared to the energy obtained, ie a need to dislocate the source of energy harvesting from the device which utilizes it. Perfect, as this project is a means to (supposedly) effectively, and efficiently get that energy from source to destination.

Now, how much do solar panels cost? What raw materials do they need? Rare earths? How much is left on this rock? How long do these panels truly last? How much in repair/maintenance over their lifespan? Not saying this can't be done, but I'm thinking one of the biggest obstacles, (disregarding the question of if this technology truly is effective and efficient for it's intended purpose) is the rare earths needed for so many solar panels. I just don't think this is economically feasible, as in.. I think we don't have the materials to do this as people really want.
edit on 5-7-2014 by pl3bscheese because: harvest ma energies

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This crazed "free energy" scheme of Tesla's ruined him professionally. If it HAD worked, everybody would have been electrocuted from all the voltage in the air. A similar static electricity power scheme is part of Ayn Rand's book, "Atlas Shrugged". There is free energy all around us - from the sun, from the wind, from the heat trapped in the Earth. But this kind of power will never work; it lacks a way to focus it and keep it from dissipating over distance. That's what wires do, sorry Mr. Tesla.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Prepare for a false flag event with Russia to stop this...

a reply to: nighthawk1954

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Parthin
But this kind of power will never work; it lacks a way to focus it and keep it from dissipating over distance. That's what wires do, sorry Mr. Tesla.
As I said earlier in the thread, it not only works but has been demonstrated. The problem is that it's inefficient. In a typical power distribution system using wires, you have to create 107 units of power to deliver 100 units of power to the end user, because 7 units of power are dissipated as heat from the transmission lines.

In wireless technology which has been demonstrated, you had to create 175 units of power to deliver 100 units of power to the end user, because of all the losses, which are detailed for one wireless power test here:

web.archive.org...://www2.univ-reunion.fr/~lcks/Old_Version/PubIAF97.htm

Tesla would be horrified by such inefficiency. You have to burn enough coal or other fossil fuels to make the extra 68 units of power, which is not only depleting limited resources faster, and increasing cost, but also adding that much more carbon to the environment.

Of course people are welcome to try to build Tesla's or anybody else's technology but all indications are that nobody's wireless technology would have the efficiency of our wired transmission systems, and Tesla’s Wardenclyffe Tower will have even worse efficiency than the test described above which needed 175 units of power to deliver 100 units.

There is also a safety issue. People are now worried about the 1 watt or so power transmitted by their cell phone. A home can use 1000 watts of power, so how are people going to feel about this much more power going through the air if they are worried about only 1 watt from their cell phone?
edit on 5-7-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
this seems like a conflict of interest,

russia's economy is based off supplying power, and fuel to europe

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
As excited and giddy as I am now, I'm afraid of what's to come when their lab will "mysteriously" be burned to the ground. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune
Free Energy?

Some one has to pay for the tower(s) to be built, and for the land it is set on and (if it worked) to built the zillions of receivers to receive and use the 'power', not quite free, however in my opinion the Russians are a tad off base.

You're confusing the energy and the infrastructure.

The electricity generated could be free, the equipment to harness and transport it, won't be.

It's the same as what is going on with you or i when we write or read this post...the information is free, but it takes a certain amount of energy to both write and read it, which has an attached cost.

The cost in the case of writing this post was a portion of energy derived from two cups of coffee, a few inhales off my ecig mod, and a handful of pretzels.

And if i wanted to write another post or read someone elses' post, some more energy would be needed to power my eyes, brain and body to do that, although ironically, once the energy needed to built an energy transmitting tower like Teslas, the requirement for energy to build it is a once only thing. When it's built, it's built.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join