It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook's Infamous Psychological Experiments Are Connected To The Department of Defense

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

I disagree. Most people fall under the follow the leader category, even those who claim to be a leader because ultimately they are following someone else's direction.

Now because so many are addicted to a form of media, the younger generation most certainly is with the FB, IG, and smart phone apps that let them communicate to each other in ways their parents only dreamed about. The media they have access to is very much controlled.

Since those who like to experiment likely have eyes on this thread, my kind of FB test would be to increase the difficulty of their favorite games to see if that affects the subject's 'mood.'

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: sixandone
a reply to: WhiteAlice

The correction, or admission of a correction, can be found at the bottom of this page.

Correction: An earlier version of this story reported that the study was funded in part by the James S. McDonnell Foundation and the Army Research Office. In fact, the study received no external funding.

If you're looking for definitive proof of the military and government attempting to utilize psychological manipulation you should look into the MKUltra project.

Thanks for your updates, caught this news but haven't fully looked into yet. I'm not surprised that it's happening, probably more so than already shared.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
We're talking about human beings who, during Hitlers reign, did hideous experiments on the Jews for "research" purposes, psychological, emotional, and physical. Now we have a public forum where people willingly discuss every flippant, narcissistic, or sarcastic thought that comes into their heads. What did you think was going to happen/was happening?

This has ALWAYS been a social experiment, from its inception. It was created at first to lift money out of peoples pockets by praying on their desire for attention. It's evolved into an ecosystem of nickle and diming via apps and games, much like the Android and Apple app stores. It's nothing but a psychological experiment to maximize profits and control.

Think about it...are you more likely to spend $4.99 on an app you can have with you all the time, or $59.99 on a software application you can only use while sitting at your desk? It's all gimmicks.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I only use facebook to keep up appearances with people. I don't use it at all. I set it up only to satisfy employers if they ever want to know more about me.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Yeah.....I've probably said some controversial things on FB......oh well. I am not interested in working for a company that will hire or fire based on whats on there. I learned long ago that everything on FB is never truly deleted...and to think it started as being for college students only. Even before myspace there were similar versions of the FB style social media.

Why MZ's little project became the supreme social media network is a mystery to me.

posted on Jul, 6 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein
People just don't understand how something as simple as facebook can hurt your chances for many things in life when you are too personal and talk about bad things on there.

What about not having one? That can be a downside to that too?

What happens when an employer asks you if you have a Facebook account and you say you don't have one. They'll pass you by the selection process because they want to know extra stuff about you, see your face if your white/black ugly, what your wife looks like etc.
edit on 6-7-2014 by igor_ats because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2014 by igor_ats because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I have read about prospective employers wanting access to your facebook, or questioning what you are hiding if you choose not to have one.

I've heard the same thing. This is scary, as it opens the door to discrimination based on whatever they view. Maybe they don't hire you because they see a picture of your special needs child and deem you a medically costly family. Grrr.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: sixandone

How does anyone know this maybe not disino for some jerkoff that has shorted the companies stock, every time I hear these stories I think of someone making bank off of it, otherwise I wouldn't be hearing about it. Someone wants us to learn about this and to stop using facebook, possibly use something else also.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join