It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is said that scientists know how to grow back new teeth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: hydeman11
a reply to: MysterX

Are you suggesting that just because when we have the ability to regrow teeth that it will actually obsolete the role of a dentist? Wouldn't it make more sense to remove the money from implants and dentures and leave the actual dentistry alone? Even if you can regrow teeth, are you going to wait for it to fall out of you head or are you going to take care of them?

I'm not a man of medicine, but I think it'd be preferable to have teeth be healthy and checked on even with the potential of regrowing them later. I mean, isn't it preferable to not have tooth pain from dental caries, even for a short while?

And let's not forget orthodontists... They're always going to be needed.

Mate, if we could jump off a bridge, smash every bone in our bodies but not die, and have our bones instantly repaired by some fantastic, new medical technology...a LOT of people will be jumping off bridges for the thrill of it.

The fact that we have dentistry is testament to the fact people, generally speaking, do NOT look after their teeth properly.

We eat too much sugar, we don't brush as often as we ought to, and we put off going to the dentist when we should, because of one reason or another.

If we realised we didn't have to go and sit in that chair, have metal spikes stabbing at and probing our gums and cavities, have some sweating and heaving person kneeling on our chests grunting while extracting a rotten tooth or two, or have to endure the putrid odour of burnt tooth enamel and the shrill whine of the drill burrowing into pulp and nerve endings...yeah, i do actually and very seriously suggest and believe people would dispense with every bit of those 'pleasures' associated with regular or traditional dentistry and heal themselves and fix their own problems using a bastardisation of this new technology.

There are some, but most people are not masochistic, do not enjoy the sensation of pain or discomfort and will do a lot to avoid experiencing it.

This technology, once mastered by the garden shed brigades around the world, will become a series of DIY tooth care cottage industries. You will be able to buy a version of this technology online for a couple of hundred bucks / pounds and ultimately many will take care of their families own dental treatments and repairs.

This of course, isn't going to be welcomed in an industry that makes as much money and employs as many people around the world as dentistry does.

edit on 2-7-2014 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I remember reading about growing ears and bladders almost a decade ago - there also was some type of powder you could sprinkle on your finger to make it grow back.

Where is all this stuff? I thought for sure it should be out by now?

It does make you wonder if they tend to take their time with this stuff.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

The "magic powder" is a known hoax. As to why these things take so long, that's because there's a lot of challenges faced along the way.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I think that the dental healthcare developed a lot, and it will possible in years. But then we can have dental implant which is a pretty great idea. But this is important to choose the right dentist.
canariadental.com...

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
I read an article nearly a decade ago about how Infra-sound showed promise to promote new tooth growth... somehow... and they were researching how to practically expose people to the specific infra-sound frequency long enough to re-grow the teeth.

Sounds wrong. If infra-sound grew teeth, anyone in half a mile would look like a tooth monster. You can't focus infrasound.

Also, pretty much anything that has some magic frequency associated with it is a lie.

Finally, a waveform 500 feet long isn't going to have some sort of frequency dependent magic interaction with a cell. The size disparity's too large.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I am reporting this thread as this post appears to me, to be an advertisement in disguise. If I am wrong I apologize profusely.

Why? You don't link to an article discussing growing new teeth you post an endorsement for a product instead.

now it has come to my attention that with the new www.pressonveneers.com that seem to be all the rave at the moment and i have to say they look fantastic and are very inexpensive,

You link is bad, but I found the site. I also found this Rip off report on press on veneers

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
If evolution was up to scratch, humans would be continually growing and shedding teeth. Hopefully, science will be able to help evolution to catch up.

Also, bioprinting, when it becomes part of everyday healthcare, will have an enormous impact on dentistry.

At least our grandchildren will have perfect teeth.

<< 1   >>

join