It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Rules No Limit on Federal Campaign Donations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Politicians can now be bought out for the highest price, does anyone see anything wrong with this?

This piece of information is very Important and deserves more recognition. It deserves to be in the headlines.

This seems like proof that Americans votes don't really count, because one way or the other Corporations owned by the oligarch elitist will get who they want into office. Especially now.

Why would they all of a sudden decide to raise the limit on federal campaign donations? Because they're paranoid. The American people are waking up to their system of distortion and twisted transistors.

They know more and more patriotic Americans are trying to get into office. Individuals similar to Ron Paul, who are against their federal reserve, which was created on Jekyll Island by the Rockefellers, Warburgs, Rothschilds etc.

I'm not a Liberal or a Conservative, I'm Independent. My opinion is that things were fine the way they were, this creates a new field day for those who are very wealthy and it is unfair to those who don't have wealth.

Yes we're a democracy, but the wealthy have too much power, to the point that it is undermining what our democracy stands for, the classes have never been so divided.

What are your thougts about this? And why do you think they set the limit to, no limit?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: faust833

This is indeed important! Looks like now They have found another way to throw the money thing into our faces!! What Total B.S.!!! I believe They set the limit to, No Limit, to ensure that the "He" or "She" that they want gets into certain offices, and to Make the candidate of Their choice run this country!!!
I don't know about You or some others, but this really Pisses me Off!!!

S+F for You! Syx.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Are you talking about SCOTUS' removing limitations to aggregate campaign donations? If not, can you provide a link?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: faust833
Politicians can now be bought out for the highest price, does anyone see anything wrong with this?

They can 'now' be bought? Political corruption is as old as politics.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

They always have been able to "be bought".

At least now it's more visible and not so much under the table.

Remember that there's always a loser. Now there will be bigger losers.

Not much anybody can do. Laws wills just force the corruption underground.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Heck, Unions have been buying Democrats for years...and vice-versa.
edit on 29-6-2014 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Indeed.. Thats McMerica! Serving Politicians since 1776.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

This is the exact opposite of how you fix a republic

Want things to turn demand thst only private citizens can donate and put a limit.

If you cant run a solid campaign for under 10 million then your ideas arent worth hearing and you arent fiscally responsible enough to run the country.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

And . . . Down goes Frazier! Down goes Frazier!! Down goes Frazier!!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
They should add a new definition for the word politician....One who can be bought....

I wonder if someone could edit Wiktionary.

edit on 29-6-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
A link or something to verify this would be nice...

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Link Broken
edit on 30-6-2014 by faust833 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
My understanding is that the Court ruled that the limits remain as they were, but now donations to more than one campaign are allowed.

So, yes, more money can be donated to politicians. But, no, you can't donate any more to a particular politician.

top topics

join