It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT ~ This will effect EVERYONE with a youtube channel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
... its not youtube thats doing it... its ATVOD owned by OFCOM, and its regulations would apply to any media

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Z77ZABCD

Oh geez! Its like ATS...a private members only forum...with rules as to what you can and cant talk "freely" about.

So what? You tube is theirs for folks to join, use, watch or not. Its their rules to their forum. Why are you screaming about their rules?

We have some of the same type here at ATS. Don't join. Don't start a youtube channel. Go form your own with your own rules, T C's, regulations.

Its no way free speech as you think. Its REGULATED speech on YouTube. Its their site. Their rules. Go elsewhere or just start your own channel.

Free speech in a not-free privately ruled location? Pleeeze.......

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Hi there... I dont know how else to communicate this ~ so ill try my best to be clear

This is NOT youtube doing it ~ Its some other corparation group (Atvod) thats been set up to regulate any "on demand" services.

"on demand" means it effects Youtube ~ Dailymotion ~ USTREAM.TV ~ Hulu ~ Vimeo ~ AND ... any other sites that happen to house videos produced by the public

What this regulation means potentially is an end to all public backyard reporting !!!

It now means that anyone making a video that reveals truths (such as protest movements, undercover reporting ect) that is deemed to be "program like" by ATVOD ~ can be shut down

This means that youll only be left with ~ if this regulations are adopted as a model ~ is the mainstream programming bs news channels ... and the common persons reporting will effectively be shut down

... hope that clarifies it a bit

edit on 30-6-2014 by Z77ZABCD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
What im suggesting is... if people feel strongly about this... is that they can help stop it in various ways

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
... and thats why i posted it here, because I felt it was something important to share with ATS folks

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Z77ZABCD

Yes. Your repy does clarify. I might add I have an acception only to something here you said, and I quote: "any other sites that happen to house videos produced by the public"

Its the part about videos being produced by the public...from copyrighted sources either newsquotes, content, pictures or published studies and reports...and breaking news...if the public produced it from those...its a legal issue with all the sites you mentioned. And fines for allowing it on their sites are heavy and getting more frequent.

Its also good to note that the MSM even has copyrights on all their shows youll see throughout the day. Its there so that the average joes (us) who use their content...know that it the stations property.

I believe its that causing this issue. Thanks! MS

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Thanks for time spent in your reply ... i can see that copyright would be an issue

But its not about people using copyrighted materials to make up show content. Uk column produced all thier own work. The decision against uk column (what atvod regulated) was because they were producing high quality home brew videos that were "program like"

The original remit of Atvod was to regulate "ON DEMAND" tv programming ~ this is things like TV Catchup, BBC iplayer ... but now theyve extended their remit to include video hosting websites ~ thus any independent news channels will be effected

hahaha got a head ache. Must be boring to read now. Sorry ATS folks ~ but this topic is really important to me as i can see it is a direct threat to free speech from independent news.

regards

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join