It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public transportation, un-ruly passenger, hurt child, interjecting myself into someone else's probl

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Morning ATS,It's been awhile. Ive been workong out of my home state and just have'nt had the time to delve into ATS like I want. Simply want to pass on a story of something that took place earlier this week. I have been working in one of the Northern states for the passed few months. Meet a lot of good people and made some new friends. All that ended Tuesday.

My truck broke down Monday & I took it Tuesday for repairs. I was told it would be at least till this coming Monday before it was ready. Not wanting to walk back to my motel, and not wanting to ride in a cab, I decided to take the bus. It was a straight shot down the road about 6 or 7 miles. That would be the 1st of my not so good decisions. It went south really, really fast after that. I get on the bus, maybe 12 to 14 people on the bus. I felt out of place, me & the bus driver were the only men.

The first stop after picking me up the bus picked up a man & small child, a boy about 5 or 6 years old. Ass they were approaching getting on the bus the kid falls and eats the curb hard, both knee's were tore up quite bad, scrapped and bleeding. By the time they got on and sat down the kid as a crying mess. The man was not concerned with the boys problem. He started telling the kid to shut up, then the cussing at the kid, then the calling the kid a p---y because he would'nt stop crying.

The women directly behind them spoke up. The man turned around and came oh so close to hitting this woman. The woman asked if she could tend to the childs knee's. The man stood up told the woman to mind her own damn business or he would F--k up her world real quick.

Thsi was where I made not so good decision number 2. I stood up and aasked the man if he would stop the cussing and act like a gentleman in front of all these woman. I asked why dont you let the lady clean the kids knee. I was told if I did'nt shut the f--k up I would tote an arse whoppin. At about the same time this was brewing, the woman got uo and went to the aid of the still whimpering crying kid. Thsi is where mean arse man made me come to bad decision number 3.

He put his hands on that woman, and shoved her back and down on the floor. That's when I got pissed off. I stood up shouted to the bus driver STOP the bus we got a man that wants off. I walked back to where the mean man was sitting and asked real nice if he would like to leave the bus. I was told I was getting ready to get my arse kicked. No, no I'm not. As the man went to stand, I shirt shooted him in the stomach, his air went else where. I then put a nice right cross right across his left side of his chin...and sleepy time came with a quickness.

I should have pounded his ass even more. I did'nt. I waited, made sure the man was ok and knew the law was coming. Law came, took statements from all who would give them. I was told by the LEo I was gonna be arrested for assault. Not one person on that bus was willing to give evidence against me. They all said the man got what he deserved and that he was the aggressor and That I was protecting myself and others. I was still put into a cop car and was told I was being arrested. About a mile down the road this :LEO pulled the car over and what he did next blew my mind.

He let me out and said Mr OYM your free to go. He said I never read you your rights, you arent from around here and the man deserved the beat down you gave him. The LEO called me a cab, and sent me on my way. ASked me if it happens again to just call 911. To the man on the bus. I was nice, the next man like me who takes offense to the way you treat kids & woman may very well beat you to death. Thanks LEO, your one of the good ones. Peace OYM 1262

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

The times you are presented with things like this are the times not to hesitate.

I think you handled the situation remarkably, and offer no critisism.

Thank you for standing up for someone!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Good to see that after all that things worked out ok for you .. well done on stepping in

just hope the guy didnt/doesnt take it out on the kid later ..

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I commend you. Highly. Just please tell me that little sweetheart didn't get sent home with that monster. I don't want to think the scenario that would follow this incident.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Morning ATS,It's been awhile. Ive been workong out of my home state and just have'nt had the time to delve into ATS like I want. Simply want to pass on a story of something that took place earlier this week. I have been working in one of the Northern states for the passed few months. Meet a lot of good people and made some new friends. All that ended Tuesday.

My truck broke down Monday & I took it Tuesday for repairs. I was told it would be at least till this coming Monday before it was ready. Not wanting to walk back to my motel, and not wanting to ride in a cab, I decided to take the bus. It was a straight shot down the road about 6 or 7 miles. That would be the 1st of my not so good decisions. It went south really, really fast after that. I get on the bus, maybe 12 to 14 people on the bus. I felt out of place, me & the bus driver were the only men.

The first stop after picking me up the bus picked up a man & small child, a boy about 5 or 6 years old. Ass they were approaching getting on the bus the kid falls and eats the curb hard, both knee's were tore up quite bad, scrapped and bleeding. By the time they got on and sat down the kid as a crying mess. The man was not concerned with the boys problem. He started telling the kid to shut up, then the cussing at the kid, then the calling the kid a p---y because he would'nt stop crying.

The women directly behind them spoke up. The man turned around and came oh so close to hitting this woman. The woman asked if she could tend to the childs knee's. The man stood up told the woman to mind her own damn business or he would F--k up her world real quick.

Thsi was where I made not so good decision number 2. I stood up and aasked the man if he would stop the cussing and act like a gentleman in front of all these woman. I asked why dont you let the lady clean the kids knee. I was told if I did'nt shut the f--k up I would tote an arse whoppin. At about the same time this was brewing, the woman got uo and went to the aid of the still whimpering crying kid. Thsi is where mean arse man made me come to bad decision number 3.

He put his hands on that woman, and shoved her back and down on the floor. That's when I got pissed off. I stood up shouted to the bus driver STOP the bus we got a man that wants off. I walked back to where the mean man was sitting and asked real nice if he would like to leave the bus. I was told I was getting ready to get my arse kicked. No, no I'm not. As the man went to stand, I shirt shooted him in the stomach, his air went else where. I then put a nice right cross right across his left side of his chin...and sleepy time came with a quickness.

I should have pounded his ass even more. I did'nt. I waited, made sure the man was ok and knew the law was coming. Law came, took statements from all who would give them. I was told by the LEo I was gonna be arrested for assault. Not one person on that bus was willing to give evidence against me. They all said the man got what he deserved and that he was the aggressor and That I was protecting myself and others. I was still put into a cop car and was told I was being arrested. About a mile down the road this :LEO pulled the car over and what he did next blew my mind.

He let me out and said Mr OYM your free to go. He said I never read you your rights, you arent from around here and the man deserved the beat down you gave him. The LEO called me a cab, and sent me on my way. ASked me if it happens again to just call 911. To the man on the bus. I was nice, the next man like me who takes offense to the way you treat kids & woman may very well beat you to death. Thanks LEO, your one of the good ones. Peace OYM 1262

Nothing, I mean nothing, feels better then handing out a deserved @$$ whoppin. Not sex. Not money. :p

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
So many sad and horrible things go on in the world... It's great to see someone step up and do something about it.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
S&F
I don't think you made one bad decision ... Period!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Bloody good show!

Sometimes there is no replacement for putting someone on the floor.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I'll be damned. I really expected a different ending to that story. I'm so happy to hear it ended as it did. Obviously this "big brave man" was pretty well known among those who had to endure his crap. At least enough for a LEO to personally express his feelings that way.

Well, good job and I tip my hat to you. Not enough people have the guts to stand and even SAY a word while watching abuse occur right in front of them. Many pretend not to notice...or WORSE..they notice so much, they MUST record it on their phones rather than lend a hand to a fellow human being in need.

Well, congratulations for making life a little better for a few people and a little kid who surely never thought any adult would stand up for him in his little life.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

OP's title should be "How to Be a Damn Man". Good to know there's a few of you looking out for others, still! S&F because justice is oh-so-sweet.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
You are such a dear. That poor little boy - he saw two people stand up for HIM. Someone who tended to his physical and emotional pain. And someone who put his father in place.

I do worry that the little boy when he was alone with his father later, that's a normal concern for any of us here, BUT the thing is in this little boy's mind he now knows that there are decent people and that he is loved and worthy. And that knowledge is stronger than anything his father may ever do to him. I like to believe that this knowledge will impact this little fellow more than anything further his dad could ever do to him.

And wow for the officer.

This story just warms my heart.

Thank you so very much for standing up for this child and for the woman who wanted to help him. You did absolutely amazing.
xox

edit on 27/6/14 by ccseagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
S@F and applause if I could. Thank you

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The story ended well but more than likely either that guy's wife or the kid are going to be abused and possibly killed due to this incident.

Wonder if they arrested the guy and called child services. Probably not. Shame.

edit on 27-6-2014 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing, great story.

You can only do so much, if it is a small town keep your eyes open, bullies like that like to get a cheap shot in when you aren't looking.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I will admit at first I thought I had really messed up and was facing a serious charge. But after that LEO talked with me and let me go.........Yea when I got back to my motel, I was ready to whoop Big Foot's Arse.a reply to: ArtemisE

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I was doing fine right up until he pushed the lady down. The look on her face was enough. If that man wants to be mean to his kid it's not my place to intercede. But putting his hands on a woman complete stranger, I could'nt let that slide.Dont get me wrong, I dont condone violence toward kids, but I also live by the adage " You take care of you & yours & I will take care of me & mine. I stay out of peoples business, but this time was different for whatever reason.a reply to: Wrabbit2000

edit on 27-6-2014 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I know the cop who let me off probally want ever read any of this but, I have your name & badge number and the next time I'm in your fine city, I'll try & look you up. I feel a nice dinner for you & yours would do ok. To the guy on the bus....if I see you again..If you even speak to me in a harsh tone...I'll light your arse up again.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

S&F!

Well done! Very well done!

However my mind walked a mile in the other guys shoes for a bit!

Man with child on the bus is A RARE EVENT!

So man with child [unknown as to where is the mother etc.] is racing for a bus and the kid falls over and hurts himself!

I bet that dad was flustered as can be ... when usually in the USA it takes a CAR to do anything properly.

So no car ... running for buses ... with child in tow ... where were they going to and why?

Guy gets on bus with his hurt kid and takes a seat and is probably focused on where to get of next rather than his kids superficial injuries.

A lady behind questions him on his parenting abilities and this of course both distracts the father from what he is carefully thinking about and enrages him as nobody likes to have it insinuated that they are a bad parent.

He tells her rudely to leave him and his son alone.

The OP's author steps in at this point and fuels the situation by carelessly not giving the guy a break and publicly humiliates him [this was worth taking the shot for as the guy was acting like a disorganized rushing parent and that stuff should be called on] ... this compounded the issue as the lady took that momentary distraction of the father to not leave his son alone and the father of course responds violently [hey what are you doing touching my kid etc?]

The OP's author then takes it upon himself to defend this ladies honor [or dishonor] and puts the father unconscious on the ground in front of his kid ... possibly completely destroyiong any faith the kid may of had in his father to protect him ... as now the kid is all alone by himself on the bus with no immediate officially sanctioned caregiver.

When all the guy probably wanted to do was get somewhere quietly and safely and not cause any kind of scenes.

Now he has been disgraced by a strange man on the bus in front of his kid all because other people could not leave well enough alone when it came to the issue of his hurt son.

This does NOT excuse the mans actions or the OP's authors actions BUT I do endorse the OP's authors attitude and actions ultimately.

However I think it is extremely important to see things from others point of view before acting wildly.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Trust me this was no "flustered dad". He was a mean bully of an arsehole. He was'nt rushing for the bus with kid in tow, more of a drag of the kid in tow. Yes, I embarrassed him on front of the child. He deserved ever bit of it. He embarrased his damn self in front of the child. If it all happened again tomorrow, I'd do the same thing. My mom used to always tell me " every dog has their day". That particular dog of a man's day came earlier this week. I got a feeling I was'nt the first to put a smack down on this particular arsehole. Let's hope the man has learned a lesson. I feel for the child.a reply to: DietJoke

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
good job sir your a better man than me

last time i got in a fight it took 3 people to pull me off

its hard to turn the switch on but it dosent turn off

top topics

<<   2 >>

join