It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not worth knowing...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I figured I would add a stupid little bio of my stupid little self...

I live in Arizona and have lived a difficult life which has made me an angry person. I have some interesting Obesssive Compulsive Disorders, Anxiety Disorders and Dependancy Issues...and that's, ok...

My family has a history of drug abuse and mental illness, so the outlook for my future is about as bright as Bush the Pretzeldent.

I love/hate all things in life, things I call the perfect imperfections. I tend to be dark and moody, but I find humor in such things. Most people tend to stay away from me and evidently I don't make friends very often (i.e. never)

Music, books, movies, learning, drawing and writing are my passions. I live for my girlfriend and my passions, all other things are secondary--work isn't much of an accomplishment for me, except for trying to improve myself as a person, which takes some serious work.

So there you have it, take what you will, learn what you can, and try not to vomit.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 10:47 PM
link   
We always knew there was a bright cheery slap-happy fellow under that dour demenor. Thanks for showing us the sunshine.

(Netchicken... you put all the knives away right?)

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I wouldn't say that you're not worth knowing. You seem very genuine and open, those are fantastic qualities to have in a REAL friendship. As far as your problems go, well, we all have them and I sense that you have tried to change but have easily given up. I, like you, had this same type of problem untill I read a book called "learned optimism" it truly changed my life for the better and maybe it could help you as well.

Everybody is worth knowing, we all contribute in ways that not everyone can. I hope you don't take this message the wrong way, just trying to help cause I think I can relate to how you feel. Anyway, take care of yourself and I hope to see ya on ATS a little more....

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I am sure you will be seeing me. I have given up on the forums I used to go to because of Know-It-Alls, Jerks, Pervs, Dweebs, Fweebs, Dumba$$es, sh!theads, a$$holes and just all around unpleasant people.......or maybe it's just me.

But seriously, I haven't given up on myself as ya thought. I have actually got myself in a better position then I was. Martial Arts, Taoism and having a cynical but objective view of life has helped in the self improvement dept. (having a sense of humor abot anything helps also) Althought I still have a bad temper, but who's perfect?

If I seem down on myself, don't take that the wrong way either. I just hate arrogance. I much rather prefer to cut myself down at every opportunity then boost myself up to feed an ego that's better off pondering why my toe nails grow so fast.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Thorfinn...did you ever play EQ??? If so...which server/guild? That name sounds real familiar.....

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Actually we have all those kinds of people here. I am often some of them. But we are also able to forgive and forget.

If one realizes the real purpose and enlightenment that can be obtained by spending time in a place like this then they will learn to conduct themselves in suitable fashion.

Do not believe what everyone believes that the person is their body and situation, instead you are your spirit and your experiences and your orientation.

new topics

top topics

join