It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tuco, beloved antagonist in "The Good The Bad and the Ugly" dead at 98

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Eli Wallach, who was one of his generation’s most prominent and prolific character actors in film, onstage and on television for more than 60 years, died on Tuesday at his home in Manhattan. He was 98. His death was confirmed by his daughter Katherine.

www.nytimes.com...

My favorite antagonist of all time, I actually named my Jack Russell after that character. Rest in Peace Tuco!

-He was 50 when he played the role opposite Eastwood. Who knew that such a greasy looking fella would last as long as he did

edit on 25-6-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

RIP to Tuco I find him such an interesting character.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The Good, The Bad, and The ugly (1967)

When you have to shoot - shoot, don't talk

www.youtube.com...

edit on Jun-25-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

edit on 25-6-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

What a great actor. Thinking of Tuco reminded me he also played the head of the bandit gang terrorizing the village in Magnificent 7. Calvera.

He had a lot of terrific roles in his career. One of my favorites was as the elderly hit man with the Coke bottle glasses in "Tough Guys" opposite Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas. Really good movie with some good laughs.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Wow.Eli Wallach was just an awesome actor and an icon.He will be missed but his contributions to the film industry will live a long time I believe. RIP"Tuco"

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I grew up with spaghetti westerns ( a genre unto itself). The peak was Sergio Leone' Good Bad and Ugly.

Back in the epic days of film before Vcrs I had an audio cassettes tape recorder and recorded the whole movie to play over and again.

What a character Eli Wallach played. I can't think of a favorite scene, theres too many. He's gone from the world but immortalized forever on screen.

Those of you who haven't seen the movie, ahem. Pick a weekend, grab the lady, immerse yourselves in popcorn and indulge.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Please add to the already-existing thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Closed.

top topics

join