It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two UFOs Photographed Above Otago Harbour, New Zealand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

A student has photographed what he claims to be two UFOs floating eerily above a harbour in New Zealand on June 23, 2014. Terence Huang, a 25-year-old originally from China, took the pictures of Otago Harbour while with two friends, but said he only saw the mysterious objects once he had looked at the images on his laptop. Mr Huang said he sat his camera on a chair to steady the shot, but paid little attention to the sky while the camera snapped about 20 photos.

Source: www.ufo-blogger.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: awakehuman

They look like mirror images of each other...Like a reflection that is mirrored honestly. I am no expert on photography but that is what it looks like to me. I would rather them be real, but I am afraid these don't look real to me.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

They look like mirror images of each other...Like a reflection that is mirrored honestly. I am no expert on photography but that is what it looks like to me. I would rather them be real, but I am afraid these don't look real to me.

I am trying to contact Terence Huang. Lets see if we can have raw image.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It's useless without a true original picture/source. This one has been obviously doctored. It would be nice if we could see the whole series.

Either way it looks like smudges on the lens or window. Possibly a light refracting in the lens strangely.
edit on 25-6-2014 by Attentionwandered because: a

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

I agree. And if you look you will see every single light in the image has a large glow, with a small one on top. It appears to me as if these are reflections, skewed on the lense, of a particular light.

otherwise all of the things look the same, including alien craft from planet photoshop.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: awakehuman

A student has photographed what he claims to be two UFOs floating eerily above a harbour in New Zealand on June 23, 2014. Terence Huang, a 25-year-old originally from China, took the pictures of Otago Harbour while with two friends, but said he only saw the mysterious objects once he had looked at the images on his laptop. Mr Huang said he sat his camera on a chair to steady the shot, but paid little attention to the sky while the camera snapped about 20 photos.

Source: www.ufo-blogger.com...

Is this what passes for a thread now... jeez.
The pictures are probably light reflection as mentioned above , it's dark and there is much light below.

edit on 25-6-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It looks like the very bright harbour lighting is acting on the lens and filters. I'm near sure there are other examples elsewhere too.

Here's just the thing,

I think the advice for such a picture is not use a filter, (UV) because of so much contrast.

The opposing reflections appear around the centre of the len, (often the centre of the picture) further away, the effect is less prominent.
edit on 25-6-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
It looks like the very bright harbour lighting is acting on the lens and filters. I'm near sure there are other examples elsewhere too.

Here's just the thing,

I think the advice for such a picture is not use a filter, (UV) because of so much contrast.

The opposing reflections appear around the centre of the len, (often the centre of the picture) further away, the effect is less prominent.

That lens flare shape is typical of Canon lenses and guess what camera he has!!!

Link below has his picture and camera.

ufo report
edit on 25-6-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I can only think classic ceiling lamps, but they do look like they correspond to the four stadium lights at the bottom middle of the photograph.

edit on 25-6-2014 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Yep...took the words right out of my mouth. Wish there were more photos to verify...like 200 more

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

originally posted by: smurfy

Here's just the thing,

That lens flare shape is typical of Canon lenses and guess what camera he has!!!

Link below has his picture and camera.

ufo report

Yes you are right, what now bothers, is that only one out of 20 pictures from a static camera, well a 'steadied camera' is all that's shown. This particular shot looks a little like there is blur in the vertical, so maybe it slipped a fraction when taken, and exaggerating the 'nipple' effect. Still, I don't see why the overall lens effect would not be present in the rest of the pictures, so that's it, there is a need to see all 20 pictures of the same scene, unless there is a big differentiation in those pictures..
In edit, I should have said I painted out the white rings from around the OP picture for hopefully a bit more clarity, the 'objects' are untouched.
edit on 25-6-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

top topics

join