It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick Draw With a Taser- Protect & Serve? Yeah Right

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silicis n Volvo
a reply to: 727Sky

I have to disagree

People should not have to be so careful around police to prevent being shocked or shot. To say the man should know better than to talk back to an officer is justifying the officers actions and saying we should all just bow down and obey or risk being shot.

wrong wrong wrong

I agree with you and in a right world that is how it should be.... However this is not a right world when dealing with SOME cops. Judge by all the vids you have seen right here on ATS.

I have cop friends who shake their heads at some of the idiots that have been hired for the force.. You gonna fight them, you fight them in court with a darn good lawyer, otherwise you will lose and be accused of everything under the sun or end up dead.... Maybe end up someplace where a big harry legged guy says, "come here little darling I think I love you"!

The good news in this case was the whole thing is recorded and I have to believe a jury of his peers will exonerate him of any charges and hopefully give him some type of satisfaction.

right, wrong, and the way it is sometimes

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Being a smart ass (aka actually knowing your rights and standing by them) is definitely not grounds for a tazering on any level.

I believe that you can only be asked for ID as a base, any other info, what you do, where your going what you have in the car etc is only allowed on suspicion of specific (and identified) criminal activity.

That's why I said that's not the way it's supposed to work. It actually seems to be working more and more like that lately though.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

But the weird thing is, even though UK cops have tazers and batons we all almost (not completely no ones perfect) have very little of this same thing happening.

So it begs the question, what is the difference between an angry or upset, possibly some how agitated man or women in a cop uniform from the USA, make them react so violently when ours (UK) dont?

edit on b5858657 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

But the weird thing is, even though UK cops have tazers and batons we all almost (not completely no ones perfect) have none of this same thing.

So it begs the question, what is the difference between an angry or upset, possibly some how agitated man or women in a cop uniform from the USA, make them react so violently when ours (UK) dont?

They do it because they can. They are rarely ever prosecuted for what they do even if there is video evidence. A lot of it goes unreported (I'm sure) because most people over here KNOW that the odds of you winning are too low to chance the retaliation that will probably result in you speaking out.

They have been given too much power just by being able to get away with murder...literally.

That's the only difference that I can see. It wasn't always this way here. It has mushroomed in the last few years.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

They have been given too much power just by being able to get away with murder...literally.

This is exactly why.
Not even military personnel at war are able to kill people so frivolously without repercussion.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Oddly a south park reference comes to mind...

"It's coming right for us, shoot it ned"
edit on b0909759 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

edit on b1010748 by Biigs because: messed up the ref a bit, corrected

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
To help explain why the cops go there so quick…

as soon as the first response of "non compliance" is uttered i.e., "why officer?" it is seen as uncooperative (suspicious)behavior. Understanding that word behavior is key to understanding their response to your responses.

Police are trained to operate from a playbook, they practice it over and over and just want to get through it as quickly as you. You don't want to be there and neither do they really. Its their job. Some parts of a job are repetitive and boring.

The test they are putting you through is designed to ferret out any wrong doing on your part. You may be hiding something as far as they are concerned. In order to find that out they will put you through a few inconvenient paces to see if any of your responsive behavior is suspicious. They already know the answers to most of the questions they are going to ask, they ran your plate before they pulled you over.

These annoying and mildly intrusive questions and requests like step out are only mildly annoying compared to what they are going to do if you just don't answer the questions.

I don't mean submit to your loss of freedom or safety. These aren't being taken from you, only delayed as they work their program. Comply, smile, say thank you and you will be on your way shortly. Resist and they will get what they want anyway with more disrespect than you intended when you first saw lights in your mirror.

Let them do their job. Then go on your way. You aren't going to win a battle of rights with the police alone on a dark stretch of road.

So they are bothersome. See it that way and be on your way. Resist and get the treatment. Depending on the cop you will be in for more trouble than you ever intended.

Okay keyboard warriors, you can flame me now. I speak from experience having had to submit to dozens of these moments. They never got violent because I simply answered their questions.

Once they are satisfied they will leave you be. You want to test their authority go ahead, but I don't recommend it. Go home and sleep in your bed tonight or go to jail or the hospital, your choice.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Why is it that most of these guys who make these cop encounter
videos come off like rebels without a cause?

It seems they all want to show just how tough and smart they
are and how well they can assert their rights and deal with the
police--like a cop encounter is something that you can somehow
...WIN?

You can't win. If you want to assert your rights, do so, then
shut your mouth.

Say, "Officer, I'm invoking my right to silence, here's my paper-work,
and here's my hands."

It's just that simple.

It takes all the fun out of it for the officer who is looking for nothing
more than a justification to physically assert his authority over others.

And in encounters with good cops it totally de-fuses the situation.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

As sad as it is, when it comes to LEO's in America they pretty much make the law up as they go. Seriously, has anyone ever tried arguing with an officer?

You - ' What Am I being arrested for? '

Cop - ' Recording a police officer. '

You - ' That is not against the law.'

Cop - 'Yes it is. Yes it is.' *Repeats until it is true in cops mind*

and this is just one example. Cops will also try and tell you you have to legally produce ID when walking down the street, even though that is not the law.

Also as sad as it is, juries do not exonerate citizens all that often however the do exonerate cops 9 times out of 10. Seriously, countless stories out there just Google it - "Cop exonerated after killing family dog," "Police officers are found not guilty in killing of Thomas Kelly,"
the list goes on and on.

What I am saying is - the judicial system is such a joke that during jury selection for these cases, the lawyers easily can and do weed out anybody who has ANYTHING bad whatsoever to say about cops. They will keep only those who think cops are our true saviors as those who serve on the jury and that is how they rig and win these cases coupled with false testimony.
edit on 25-6-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Sadly yes, you can contest all the way to jail. The court will back the officers testimony over yours, resulting only in more fines and court costs.

Rich people and capital cases are the only ones that go to trial. If you insist on a jury trial by the time you get there there are twenty other charges tacked on. They'll get you on something. They have to, The wheels turn on money, not justice.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: rival

like a cop encounter is something that you can somehow
…WIN?

Uh huh.
And that attitude is also what pisses them off. You're going to make their job difficult. Its just a traffic stop for now but go ahead and play the pissing game.

The few bad eggs are going to make life rough anyway regardless of attitude, no sense in trying to find out who they are.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
To help explain why the cops go there so quick…

as soon as the first response of "non compliance" is uttered i.e., "why officer?" it is seen as uncooperative (suspicious)behavior. Understanding that word behavior is key to understanding their response to your responses.

Police are trained to operate from a playbook, they practice it over and over and just want to get through it as quickly as you. You don't want to be there and neither do they really. Its their job. Some parts of a job are repetitive and boring.

The test they are putting you through is designed to ferret out any wrong doing on your part. You may be hiding something as far as they are concerned. In order to find that out they will put you through a few inconvenient paces to see if any of your responsive behavior is suspicious. They already know the answers to most of the questions they are going to ask, they ran your plate before they pulled you over.

These annoying and mildly intrusive questions and requests like step out are only mildly annoying compared to what they are going to do if you just don't answer the questions.

I don't mean submit to your loss of freedom or safety. These aren't being taken from you, only delayed as they work their program. Comply, smile, say thank you and you will be on your way shortly. Resist and they will get what they want anyway with more disrespect than you intended when you first saw lights in your mirror.

Let them do their job. Then go on your way. You aren't going to win a battle of rights with the police alone on a dark stretch of road.

So they are bothersome. See it that way and be on your way. Resist and get the treatment. Depending on the cop you will be in for more trouble than you ever intended.

Okay keyboard warriors, you can flame me now. I speak from experience having had to submit to dozens of these moments. They never got violent because I simply answered their questions.

Once they are satisfied they will leave you be. You want to test their authority go ahead, but I don't recommend it. Go home and sleep in your bed tonight or go to jail or the hospital, your choice.

I completely disagree with you.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: solongandgoodnight

Where did this happen, any follow up news with either party?

Maybe someone needs to make a reality show out of police officer that had gone rouge, I would watch it.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I completely disagree with you.

Gee, on every point?

I speak from the experience of a "homeless" person. Having met the police on multiple occasions across a broad spectrum of personalities and behavior. I know what I'm talking about. I respect your right to disagree with my position but obviously you haven't seen them from my eyes. Walk a mile in those shoes.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Here's a rundown of a cop's inner-voice every time they run across a civilian with a question:

Cop: "Oh how quaint, the driver thinks he's 'people'."

TAZZZ!!!

Cop: "Hmmm, this guy looks like he could outrun me...."

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Cop: "OMG! A cell phone shaped like a cell phone!"

BANG! BANG! BANG!

"Your honor in my expert opinion it looked like a gun."

Cop: BANG! BANG! BANG!

".....STOP RESISTING!!!"

edit on 26-6-2014 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join