It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick Draw With a Taser- Protect & Serve? Yeah Right

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Here is a YouTube video showing, IMO, just how bad our police state is getting.

Rights? If you think you have real rights anymore, you're living in a dream world. Aside from a proportionally select few, our police aren't working to protect and certainly not to serve.

From what I can tell on the video, this all started over a seatbelt. This cop was looking for trouble.

By the way I couldn't post the video because I'm on my phone, but if someone feels the urge, feel free.
edit on 25-6-2014 by solongandgoodnight because: Video

edit on 25-6-2014 by solongandgoodnight because: Not as offensive title

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I posted the video for you before I watched it.. The old resisting arrest was almost as quick as the Tazer.. The young man whether right or wrong presented himself in a manner that got the ire of the cop pissed off and directed at him. Then it was, "I will show this little smart-aleck who is boss around here"... Both the young man and the officer should have known better... The young man to recognize he is in a situation where one wrong move can get him into serious trouble...and the officer for believing he is a lying judge, jury, and can single handedly clean up the pedestrians who do not respect the badge. Lucky for the young man the cop did not feel like an executioner that night too..
edit on 25-6-2014 by 727Sky because: added content

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Thanks Sky.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
wow what in the hell?!

What actually did he do?

He wasnt violent, didnt disobey a lawful order can you really be arrested for not submitting info you arnt actually obliged to give?

I dont understand some of the USA laws i really dont.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
wow what in the hell?!

What actually did he do?

He wasnt violent, didnt disobey a lawful order can you really be arrested for not submitting info you arnt actually obliged to give?

If there is a law saying have to answer personal questions like where you work, I don't know about it. I mean this guy wasn't even under arrest until the end.
edit on 25-6-2014 by solongandgoodnight because: Added guy

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: solongandgoodnight

wow what in the hell?!

What actually did he do?

If there is a law saying have to answer personal questions like where you work, I don't know about it. I mean this guy wasn't even under arrest until the end.

Yeah and not only was he not actually under arrest till the end, he was reacted to and treated like some major wanted criminal, read no rights, gave no advance warning of force.

That cant be actually legal can it?
Is the officer in the wrong or is that actually 'allowed'?

I know for sure that this would not happen where i live in the UK, police here use force as the last possible available way to solve an issue or deal with a violent suspected criminal.
edit on b2323610 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Also i just wanted to say, that i have no desire to "serve your a$$" anything

Nor protect it from anything either lol

edit on b2525623 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs
No this officer is off his rocker. I normally don't post stuff like this, but it really struck a nerve with me. What he did just wasn't right.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
It's just an expression. Lol

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

wow what in the hell?!

What actually did he do?

I have NEVER been asked for any of that info and I have been pulled over my fair share of times. I also must say that I have never been let go without at least one ticket when I did.

They ask the normal.. "Do you know why I pulled you over Mrs. Ruex?" And I usually do. No sense in playing cat and mouse. They take my license and on occasion my registration. Sometimes even proof of insurance. NEVER have I been asked for my phone number or work place. I am not even sure that's allowed. I'm still trying to figure out why he asked for the number almost before he did anything else. That was way odd IMO.

All of the personal information they need is on your license. Your address (to send a summons, come arrest you if you happen to FTA) and your personal identification number (used to be your SSN). They may ask if your address is correct, but that's it in my experience.
edit on 6/25/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I better edit the title before I get in trouble by the mods.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I have to disagree

People should not have to be so careful around police to prevent being shocked or shot. To say the man should know better than to talk back to an officer is justifying the officers actions and saying we should all just bow down and obey or risk being shot.

wrong wrong wrong

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

The police here are supposed to do the same thing. As you can see... We have a problem. They aren't just supposed to meet you with violence, but so many have gotten away with it others are just following right along. It's pretty hard to win against a cop in the courts here for something like this.

This guy may have gotten lucky that he had his camera turned on. Had it been down to who said what? Hands down the cop would have walked without a word.
edit on 6/25/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

I posted the video for you before I watched it.. The old resisting arrest was almost as quick as the Tazer.. The young man whether right or wrong presented himself in a manner that got the ire of the cop pissed off and directed at him. Then it was, "I will show this little smart-aleck who is boss around here"... Both the young man and the officer should have known better... The young man to recognize he is in a situation where one wrong move can get him into serious trouble...and the officer for believing he is a lying judge, jury, and can single handedly clean up the pedestrians who do not respect the badge. Lucky for the young man the cop did not feel like an executioner that night too..

You should never have to be afraid of one wrong move from a police officer. That's my point, living in fear of police is not acceptable. Hence, our police state.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
When you think about it, isnt it crazy (literally) for a lawful entity to go way outside the rules and laws knowing that lawsuits and cameras are around every corner - how bloody stupid do you have to be, knowing the laws better than anyone, break that - and in such a disgraceful way?

That officer must have had a BAD DAY some how, like divorced or lost a child, because thats practically liquid rage. I take it from other comments thats not remotely a "appropriate response" surely? The officer sounds angry from the very start.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

wow what in the hell?!

What actually did he do?

I have NEVER been asked for any of that info and I have been pulled over my fair share of times. I also must say that I have never been let go without at least one ticket when I did.

They ask the normal.. "Do you know why I pulled you over Mrs. Ruex?" And I usually do. No sense in playing cat and mouse. They take my license and on occasion my registration. Sometimes even proof of insurance. NEVER have I been asked for my phone number or work place. I am not even sure that's allowed. I'm still trying to figure out why he asked for the number almost before he did anything else. That was way odd IMO.

All of the personal information they need is on your license. Your address (to send a summons, come arrest you if you happen to FTA) and your personal identification number (used to be your SSN). They may ask if your address is correct, but that's it in my experience.

The answer to why is simple.
the kid was a smart a$$ and the officer was planning on teaching him to respect authority by....
Harassing the hell out of him.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Its almost like frat house hazing.....

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

He was indeed a smart arse. I would have wanted to taser him myself had it been me, but that's not the way it's supposed to work. I agree with you though... That's why he did it. He was pissed off because the kid didn't cower in fear and act ecstatic that he was pulled over.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

A lot more like stalking IMHO

This kid would've been pulled over every time that LEO saw him.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Being a smart ass (aka actually knowing your rights and standing by them) is definitely not grounds for a tazering on any level.

I believe that you can only be asked for ID as a base, any other info, what you do, where your going what you have in the car etc is only allowed on suspicion of specific (and identified) criminal activity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join