It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expect More Fireworks At Tonight's Prime-time Oversight Hearing on IRS Obstruction...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I guess Chairman Issa wants a Prime Time Audience.

I have my popcorn ready. Waiting for to see if the dog really ate their evidence.

Tonight at 7:00 Eastern the House Oversight Committee will have their shot at getting answers from IRS Commissioner John Koskinen on the destruction of two years of key IRS emails at a hearing entitled, “IRS Obstruction: Lois Lerner’s Missing Emails.”

Here are the 15 questions the Committee demands answers

1. Explain, in detail, Lois Lerner’s 2011 hard drive failure, including the date it happened, and give the names of all employees who worked on retrieving data from it. 2. When did you learn that the hard drive failure affected the Oversight Committee’s subpoena into the IRS targeting scandal, and which IRS staffers realized that the subpoena could not be fulfilled? 3. Explain all the steps the IRS took to retrieve data from Lerner’s hard drive 4. Name all IRS employees that worked on agency email servers between 2009 and 2014. 5. Name all IRS contractors that worked on agency email or hard drive systems 6. Give the names of the IRS employees most knowledgeable about email servers and data retention 7. Identify the IRS employees that last had possession of Lerner’s computer, cell phones, hard drive, backup email tapes, and information about errors in IRS electronic hardware 8. Give us all relevant information about IRS document retention policies 9. Name the type of email service the IRS uses and the type of email exchange server and tell us whether any email is stored on an IRS shared drive 10. Explain in detail the IRS’ electronic data restoration and archival systems 11. How many forensic images from Lerner’s failed hard drive still exist? 12. How many forensic images from Lerner’s failed hard drive still existed on August 31, 2011 (when the IRS’ contract with Sonasoft expired)? 13. List all the software and hardware malfunctions that occurred at the agency between January 1, 2011 and June 30, 2011 14. Give us Lerner’s computer barcode. 15. Give us Lerner’s cell phone barcode.

This beats watching a Deadliest Catch rerun.

I can't wait...

edit on 23-6-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Awesome. Parking me and my popcorn in this thread while I watch the hearings tonight....

I expect fireworks are on the entertainment program...this will be one hearing I won't miss.

Des

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

edit on 23-6-2014 by neo96 because: A dog ate this post.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

1. Explain, in detail, Lois Lerner’s 2011 hard drive failure, including the date it happened, and give the names of all employees who worked on retrieving data from it.

2. When did you learn that the hard drive failure affected the Oversight Committee’s subpoena into the IRS targeting scandal, and which IRS staffers realized that the subpoena could not be fulfilled?

3. Explain all the steps the IRS took to retrieve data from Lerner’s hard drive

4. Name all IRS employees that worked on agency email servers between 2009 and 2014.

5. Name all IRS contractors that worked on agency email or hard drive systems

6. Give the names of the IRS employees most knowledgeable about email servers and data retention

7. Identify the IRS employees that last had possession of Lerner’s computer, cell phones, hard drive, backup email tapes, and information about errors in IRS electronic hardware

8. Give us all relevant information about IRS document retention policies

9. Name the type of email service the IRS uses and the type of email exchange server and tell us whether any email is stored on an IRS shared drive

10. Explain in detail the IRS’ electronic data restoration and archival systems

11. How many forensic images from Lerner’s failed hard drive still exist?

12. How many forensic images from Lerner’s failed hard drive still existed on August 31, 2011 (when the IRS’ contract with Sonasoft expired)?

13. List all the software and hardware malfunctions that occurred at the agency between January 1, 2011 and June 30, 2011

14. Give us Lerner’s computer barcode.

15. Give us Lerner’s cell phone barcode.

Answer to every and all questions. . . .

"I'd like to plead the 5th."

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
That's a lot of questions asking for employee names which bothers me. It's the people in charge that ought to get their collective #sses kicked. Leave the people who were doing their job as instructed alone.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
What tech questions could this old man answer.

He probably uses America Online.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
That's a lot of questions asking for employee names which bothers me. It's the people in charge that ought to get their collective #sses kicked. Leave the people who were doing their job as instructed alone.

I don't agree. Those doing the work, need to be available to answer by whom and when, they were asked to do the work.

Des

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Here is a question I want asked.

To the IRS.

With a budget of $12.8 BILLION dollars why the hell are they still using 'tape backups'.

That has a severe lack of that 'backup' part.
edit on 23-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Being a foot soldier doesn't get you a pass. It didn't work for Hitler's Henchmen, and it shouldn't work for Uncle Sam's.

That aside, the detail is asked for not to hold them accountable. But rather,

- to help in the overall grandstand. Very little will come of this. If justice were to be served, the IRS would be dissolved.
- but when you do an investigation, you want details from which to trip people up during lies
- and they will need to have statements from all involved to check against other stories.

It is just part of the investigative process. And if the peon's are lucky, they didn't take unlawful orders and make themselves liable. Because someone will take the fall here. And it won't be the folks calling the shots.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

I don't agree. Those doing the work, need to be available to answer by whom and when, they were asked to do the work.

Des

Yup, agree with that! In that case, I hope they don't give the names to the MSM.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I love it. The more resources/manpower they have to expend defending themselves, the less they have to bother us. Seeing as we pay them (with the very funds they're charged with collecting) they all need to be accountable to us, from the top people to the guy in the mail room.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
yup, the crazy train will be fired up, and chugging away.....for once, I would like to hear the IRS just come out and say, quote, "everyone in the IRS knew they were trying to cheat the system, they were trying to pull a fast one, and they thought we were too stupid to figure it out" unquote........

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This whole fiasco calls into question the integrity of the IRS. All employees involved need to be questioned, the integrity of the whole department is now under question. This is no minor matter. These people are responsible for the collecting of taxes from our citizens. Heck they have more legal leeway than actual law-enforcement. When it comes to taxes we are guilty, until we can prove innocence. The same standards must be held for them.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Tonight at 7:00 Eastern the House Oversight Committee will have their shot at getting answers from IRS Commissioner John Koskinen on the destruction of two years of key IRS emails at a hearing entitled, “IRS Obstruction: Lois Lerner’s Missing Emails.”

Will Koshinen be in his full dress S.S. uniform?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
When my dog escapes the yard I find it very pointless to yell at him and ask questions about why he did it. Instead I find it very helpful to change the system in place that let him escape.

This is for show. If it were for real Issa would be drafting an entirely knew outline for the IRS, but instead he's putting on another in a very long line of made for Teeeveee performances.

Fine, put her in jail. What difference will that make to you? Fine, jail everyone was in charge, what difference will that make to you? None, nothing, your life will be no different, and yet folks will come on this board and others and rave about how justice was served.

I don't care that "justice is served" with regard to anything of this sort. I only care that things change in MEANINGFUL ways for people on both ends. No meaningful changes comes from these performances, ever. Think not, look at your life...

Lest we forget, Oliver North went to jail and became not a pariah but a teeeveee and radio superstar - "justice served?"

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
As if we didn't think the irs were a criminal organisation all along.They should be tried under R.I.C.O for cryin out loud.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Sorry Chairman Issa...I must plead the 5th to all 15 questions.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Livestream link for those that want to watch from computer.

www.ustream.tv...

Gretchen on Fox is covering it too.

Des

edit on 23-6-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This is like waiting for kickoff of the Super Bowl... taking forever to get started

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

This is like waiting for kickoff of the Super Bowl... taking forever to get started

Or...waiting for Obama to show up for his 11:00 scheduled tv speech...and it's 12:30 now.

Des...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join