It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Now the Time for Gun Control?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

1 out of 4 of us dont know the earth orbits the sun, nor can a different 1 out of 4 of us locate the USA on a map.

Say what? I'm not sure where you're getting your statistics, but I think they are not accurate in the least. That leaves the rest of the whole gun control thing you're talking about at question.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sonterp
a reply to: OFFTHEGRID

If this happens I will begin a rebellion.

Dont bring a gun to a nuke fight!

If the rebels get the upper hand chances are high they will be nuked from orbit. . . . .

Who knows which country will end up being the patsy. . . .

posted on Apr, 18 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
While it is always the time for gun control it would appear that at least in Americas case it is too late. The American population have become so infatuated with the military and guns in general that an attempt to disarm the populace would create more destruction than letting them keep them.

It is a shame that so many believe the only way to throw off the shackles of oppression is through armed opposition. A revolution of the mind would lead to a much more lasting peace than one founded on bloodshed.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

A revolution of the mind would lead to a much more lasting peace than one founded on bloodshed

And when has this worked in human history to get free of government oppression?

The right to bear arms wasn't put in the Constitution to effect a revolt. It was put there as a check and balance. Faced with an armed populace, the government is forced to truly represent them. To constantly erode this check and balance is to court eventual subjugation.

It has NOTHING to do with infatuation. It's about deterrence. Not just for our own government, but also for any foreign power who even contemplates invasion. Do you think they'd want to deal with armed private citizens in addition to the military? Of course not.

Poverty is the problem. Not mental health. Not guns. Too bad the right is too blind to recognize this.

This always puzzled me. Like a guy using a pistol to steal $100 from a convenience store... The pistol is worth hundreds of dollars! If you can truly afford that....then.....Sell the Pistol!!!? See where the poverty argument fails? If guns were outlawed, the same societal groups would just use other weapons to commit crimes. Whether poverty was a motivator, drugs, or other factors.

edit on 23-4-2015 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join