It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The IRS Had a Contract With an Email Backup Company

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Just in case anybody missed it,

Grilled to perfection!

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Luckily my Facebook post has the outline of the article to show that it was there and not just made up.
Looks like we may have startled a few people in to action, I wonder if I can get an offline copy of the blog post from my internet cache.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
a reply to: smurfy

The whole email system was designed to prevent E-mails from being lost or tampered with in such a legal situation as this.

Agreed, and that's what you'd expect. Anyway, just think of the amount of different media that all storage could have been kept on as well as hard drives, and for as cheap as chips, (the eating ones) that is. And what about audio data? does the IRS not use that in some ways, and do they not use paper at all anymore if just for logging purposes? The tale makes no sense.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Once ATS has it...it can never really be 404'd....we have the way back machine...

Des

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4

Luckily my Facebook post has the outline of the article to show that it was there and not just made up.
Looks like we may have startled a few people in to action, I wonder if I can get an offline copy of the blog post from my internet cache.

I just shared your post from their fb pg with this as the notation from me.

The IRS LIES! This is the company that does all the backup of their email systems.

I have a large politically active friends list.

Des

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Somebody needs to email all this stuff to Paul Ryan's office and start a congressional inquiry. It's hard for me to do from a kindle.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I am an IT pro and have been for 20 years, I have done IT forensics for a company previously.

I just went to my internet history to try and retrieve the offline copy and to my surprise the reason.com pages and all my internet history between the time when i 1st clicked on the article until the 404 page has disappeared.

I will post a snapshot of when I had accessed the blog post and you can see that I accessed the sonasoft facebook page but that was after I had read the blog obviously. You can see my internet history has been removed during the time when i 1st accessed it.

You can also see that when I clicked on this thread was between 10:14 - 10:23 because that was how I read the blog post. You can also see I had accessed the blog between 10:31 & 10:38 because my history has also gone for that period. My screen went black just as I posted the 1st time in this thread and my laptop has never done that in the 3 years I've had it.
edit on 20-6-2014 by mclarenmp4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The agency said that emails stored on dead drives were lost forever because its email backup tapes were recycled every six months,

Nobody uses tape anymore.

It is akin to the floppy disk.

Lies,lies,and damn lies.

How much more proof do people need ?

BWAHahahaaaa!
I can actually smell the overheated hum of an IBM360
and a couple of 10" reel ta reels hicupping in the glass
house-- maybe 35 years ago. PLEASE.

My Office archives get backed up for a half a buck a week
with just a DVD-RW and five minutes of work... local.
With their budget, no excuses. I hear even more mute
crickets from the contractor's corner. Like maybe a GAG
order coming soon for reasons of national insecurity..

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I am an IT pro and have been for 20 years, I have done IT forensics for a company previously.

I just went to my internet history to try and retrieve the offline copy and to my surprise the reason.com pages and all my internet history between the time when i 1st clicked on the article until the 404 page has disappeared.

I will post a snapshot of when I had accessed the blog post and you can see that I accessed the sonasoft facebook page but that was after I had read the blog obviously. You can see my internet history has been removed during the time when i 1st accessed it.

You can also see that when I clicked on this thread was between 10:14 - 10:23 because that was how I read the blog post.

Don't worry too much, Sonasoft did LinkedIn as well,

Sonasoft customers include: Travelex, Dolby Speakers, New York Times, Stanford University, IRS, City of San Jose, Goodwill, Alexa, Chemoil, US Army Corps of Engineers, Subaru, Boston Ballet, etc.

www.linkedin.com...

Click on 'more' .

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

They are also listed as customers on their website.

Sonasoft

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

The whole email system was designed to prevent E-mails from being lost or tampered with in such a legal situation as this.

Agreed, and that's what you'd expect. Anyway, just think of the amount of different media that all storage could have been kept on as well as hard drives, and for as cheap as chips, (the eating ones) that is. And what about audio data? does the IRS not use that in some ways, and do they not use paper at all anymore if just for logging purposes? The tale makes no sense.

There probably are USB drives and memory sticks with some bits of data, but you can guess those aren't going to
be produced. Most offices seem to have gone entirely paperless, there isn't much use for printing information out except to send to a customer. What paper evidence like printouts would likely be shredded into locked bins.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Did some more digging and they have been awarded $142,131.24 worth of contracts since 2006 for Advanced Data Processing software and maintenance.

So 5 years of contracts split between that amount is $28,000 a year which is enough for an email backup solution.
Here is the breakdown of the contract with them.

SonaSoft

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

They are also listed as customers on their website.

Sonasoft

For sure with full pomp and ceremony. I am curious about the disappearing history bit. That has happened with me on elsewhere ATS posts, both on Opera and AOL, UK. Anyway, I managed to save the Linkedin page this time round on Opera, (I had signed off before because I couldn't save it, and went to AOL, and couldn't save it there either) came back to Opera and was then able to save it intact.

Here's the full text from Linkedin in case that link I posted sputters,

Join LinkedIn and see how you are connected to Sonasoft Corporation. It's free.
Get access to insightful information about your network at thousands of companies!
Sonasoft Corporation
Sonasoft Corporation
Sonasoft provides affordable enterprise-level email archiving and eDiscovery solutions ideal for SMB market using Microsoft Exchange Server. Sonasoft also makes backup and recovery software for Microsoft Business Software, e.g. Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Exchange Server. Sonasoft’s software runs 100 percent on Microsoft platforms; we use Microsoft SQL Server stores for our email archiving database.

Sonasoft’s Email Archiving Solutions have earned customer acclaim for: reducing the Exchange Server by 80 percent archiving multiple domains into a single email archive, cutting eDiscovery time by up to 75 percent, allowing access to all users without plugins, etc.

In April 2012, Sonasoft launched SonaVault Email Archiving Appliance featuring DELL PowerEdge™ Servers. This allowed customers to have a plug-and-play archiving solution with dependable hardware that could expand with their business needs.

Sonasoft also leverages its Microsoft Gold Certified Partner expertise and performs services such as Microsoft Exchange Migrations and other IT services.

Sonasoft offers discounts to U.S. city, county, local, and state U.S. governments and School Districts and other public education institutions.

Sonasoft customers include: Travelex, Dolby Speakers, New York Times, Stanford University, IRS, City of San Jose, Goodwill, Alexa, Chemoil, US Army Corps of Engineers, Subaru, Boston Ballet, etc.

Sonasoft Corporation was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in San Jose, CA.
Specialties
Email Archiving Software, eDiscovery, Email Archiving Appliance with DELL Servers, Microsoft Exchange Migration Services, Microsoft Exchange Server Management
less

Type
Privately Held
Company Size
11-50 employees
Website
www.sonasoft.com...
Industry
Computer Software
Founded
Headquarters

2150 Trade Zone Blvd.
Suite 203
San Jose, California 95131
UNITED STATES
This LinkedIn Company Profile

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

Thanks for their FB link. For anyone interested, I went to their FB page and posted the info in this OP along with this:

"I would like to know how much of MY MONEY you are being paid to keep quiet about this IRS "lost email" BS!!! People are sick of being lied to and any complicit people are going to pay the piper, too... take that to the bank! As a former GLOBAL IT MANAGER for the LARGEST CORPORATION IN THE WORLD - THE COCA-COLA COMPANY... I CALL TOTAL BS!!! And I don't need to tell you why. You're also IT, right? Hmmm?"

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

There probably are USB drives and memory sticks with some bits of data, but you can guess those aren't going to
be produced. Most offices seem to have gone entirely paperless, there isn't much use for printing information out except to send to a customer. What paper evidence like printouts would likely be shredded into locked bins.

True up to a point, but the association with Sonasoft is pretty much established, Sonasoft in turn has published it's use of some systems very much mainstream as backup, a mile away from local hard drive crashes.
In any case, the video is now well established in the public realm, and the IRS commissioner just kept changing the story, 5 years work, redactions, yes we have the e-mails, but....blah blah.
At one point Chaffetz even uses the term "IT expert" to the commissioner, there was no particular response to that remark at that juncture as to nay or yay. The commissioner was frankly, totally destroyed.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
sounds about right.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
It's about time we hold their feet to the fire. They've been terrorizing American citizens for far too long. Somebody needs to go to jail over this! Just ask Wesley Snipes. What's good for the goose is definitely good for the gander.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I've been following this crap from the beginning all over the internet and, not to toot my own horn, but I seem to be the only one stating the blatantly OBVIOUS...

THE ONLY REASON LOIS LERNER PLEAD THE 5TH AND THE ONLY REASON THIS JACKASS HEAD OF THE IRS IS TRYING TO SHOVE SUCH A LUDICROUSLY BS EXCUSE AS, "OH, WE LOST THE EMAILS BECAUSE ALL SIX OF OUR ASSOCIATES HAD HARD DRIVE FAILURES AND LOST THE EVIDENTIAL EMAILS" IS BECAUSE..... *DRUM ROLL....

OBAMA AND HOLDER TOLD THEM TO!

DOESN'T ANYONE ELSE BESIDES ME SEE THIS??? OH FFS!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

Oh, it's ALL OVER their FB page and it CAN'T be deleted. Check this out and look closely at the URL at the top...

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

Gotta *LOVE* their Logo.....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join