It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi's twitter: "Immigrants help drive America's success, even in the World Cup!" All are natu

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Na ncy Pelosi's Twitter Calls Natural-Born Citizens "Immigrants" in Latest Fail

In the latest failure of political preparedness, Nacy Pelosi's twitter has posted a picture of select members of the World Cup USA Soccer team outlining how immigrants are helping the USA.

What they didn't realize is that all of them are technically natural born citizens of the United States.

I have never been fond of Pelosi, but this is just, well...

This is all part of the Time Is Now reform push to reform immigration laws.

It would seem to me that if I were one of the players outlined, I would be pretty distraught to find out that my own country doesn't even see me as a first class citizen.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Whether in private, public or on national television, most of us "minorities" have grown a hard shell as to not be self conscious and bothered about this sort of "slip up". Used to being stared at, used to having our characters questioned, we take a lot more crap than many would tolerate as "acceptable".

I always find personal amusement in how majority groups when stared at give a much different response, like they're not used to being judged and are much more quick to get insecure. Whatever, immigrants help us in baseball too, because most of our baseball teams aren't filled with Native Americans

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I find it amazing that Pelosi has time to get on Twitter considering it must be a full time job to be so full of crap. Seriously, is there ANY issue on which this 'woman' isn't busy making an ass out of herself?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Well

Immigrants do drive American success.

As in WE ALL create wealth that creates tax revenue for the Pelosi's to blow.

See we create.

And the Pelosi's DESTROY that wealth.

If Pelosi actually gave a damn about immigrants, and the people in this country she would QUIT.

Because the only thing she gives a crap about is her power, and her parties power.

The immigrants.

The people.

Never enter in to that equation.

Well just for their votes, and their cash, but that's it.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: xmaddness

Historically, the success of US can be attributed to immigrants. However, she’s simply using our emotional response to that statement to push her garbage immigration reform (Amnesty) bill.

This is a common form of bait and switch.

Meh..

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
What an Ignorant Monstrous Hag...

2nd

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I am confused. What is she trying to say here?

I really don't get the logic.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Euphem

She's saying, "Immigrants are wonderful...whether here legally or not...it doesn't matter. Please vote for my amnesty bill so I can build up my voter base and continue getting elected year after year to steal your money to give to my friends and family."

edit on 20-6-2014 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

In most of the cases, I believe she is talking about their parents being immigrants.

But I guess some people have to find something to complain about.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seabag

hmm...I hope that isn't the case...

does she think people are that stupid?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Uhm....she keeps getting elected.

Many people ARE that stupid.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: xmaddness
What they didn't realize is that all of them are technically natural born citizens of the United States.

And I bet that all of them would have grown up playing football if the immigrant driven MLS wasn't around?

I also bet that they would have had no issues making the big show without that immigrant coach.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

We keep re-electing criminals like her back into office, so apparently we are...

2nd

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Euphem

She is saying that most people are ignorant of the fact that immigrants are good for our country.

She is using the USA World Cup team as an example...the majority of the players on the team are first generation Americans...meaning that their parents immigrated here, worked hard, and now their children are succeeding in America and helping our country grow.

Apparently, some people don't like this message and are trying to create a negative reaction to it.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

People who follow the LAW is good for this country.

People who think they are ABOVE the LAW are not.

And it is as simple as that.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: Euphem

She is saying that most people are ignorant of the fact that immigrants are good for our country.

She is using the USA World Cup team as an example...the majority of the players on the team are first generation Americans...meaning that their parents immigrated here, worked hard, and now their children are succeeding in America and helping our country grow.

Apparently, some people don't like this message and are trying to create a negative reaction to it.

You’re helping her muddy the water.

You know as well as anyone she is pushing amnesty. She will point to ANYTHING as a reason to open the doors.

The outrage is simply because the left purposely FAILS TO MAKE A DISTINCTION between LEGAL and ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Since Pelosi has been in congress there have been 7 amensty's passed.

The Seven Amnesties Passed by Congress

Every time Pesloi's party wants to increase it's voter base.

Here comes amnesty !

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

How are people ignorant to the fact that immigrants help our country? We are all connected to immigration somehow.

If she is pushing for immigrants that actually help our country, she should focus on the ones trying to come here legally. They are the ones who actually create businesses and have the drive to be successful and obey the law.

How is illegal immigration at all a good thing?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: seabag

Uhm....she keeps getting elected.

Many people ARE that stupid.

Votes don't count. She was placed there the same way that Rockefeller was placed in my state

These corrupt keep talking as if illegal invasion is okay. That's troubling. I bet word went out that Obama is granting amnesty to all illegals. I guess that many Mexicans are democrats and left-leaning. The votes is all that matters to them so that then they can unleash what they really wanna do. America will fall into civil war shortly after Obama grants amnesty. Just watch. It will get crazy, quick. Our forefathers weep in the afterlife. These are traitorous words from traitorous scum. I think America should kick Pelosi out and make her live in Mexico.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

The waters are pretty clear...we should have amnesty and we should embrace immigration more than we do now.

The only way to embrace immigration more is to make it easier for people to immigrate and not punish kids who's parents came here illegally.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join