It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ryan lashes out at IRS commissioner: 'Nobody believes you'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Love or hate Paul Ryan you have to give him credit for this. Finally someone trying to hold the IRS accountable.

Short, four minute video worth a watch.

Best line...

"You expect American taxpayers to keep 7 years of records, but you can't hold on to your emails for 6 months?"

Alternate Source

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The whole US Government has gone ROGUE.. Liars.

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Did you see the face of Koskinen during that video. Smug SOB lied and lied and lied ... because We The People can do nothing about it ... except resort to violence.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I was audited...I had to produce documents from 10 years back.

The IRS auditor told me 7 years was an Urban Legend.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
I was audited...I had to produce documents from 10 years back.

The IRS auditor told me 7 years was an Urban Legend.

Next time you can ask them 'didn't you get my email?'

What can they say?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
"You expect American taxpayers to keep 7 years of records, but you can't hold on to your emails for 6 months?"

LOL that was:

Game.

Set.

Match.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
He is a good liar. I only counted 3 blinks in 4 minutes.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Love or hate Paul Ryan you have to give him credit for this.

Credit for political theater???

I'll give Ryan and the rest of the GOP credit for one thing...they are unapologetic about their witch hunts and giving their supporters fake scandals for them to have fake outrage against.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

The smug traitorous liars.

"Do as we say, not as we do" - and thus far, nothing is coming of it. IF they can act like this and get away with it (and even get rewarded in the process) - then why can't the rest of us?

#policianssuck

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Wait...do you actually BELIEVE the emails were accidently lost? If anything them losing the emails proves to a rational person that they do have something to hide. Therefore, it is NOT a witch hunt unless you are one of those naive people that thinks that Government can be trusted. If so, I have some swampland in Florida to sell you.

+24 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Methinks you'll be selling a lot of that swampland...to Obama diehards.

This is making the rounds today...people are getting angry as hell...

Des

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
When someone like Paul Ryan, a 'conservative' criticizes the IRS the 'liberal' side will quickly reject what Mr. Ryan says.

This is how divide and conquer works. The US is extremely polarized right now. The right rejects anything the left says and does and the left refuses to side with right on any issue. Some 'liberals' will blindly side with the IRS simply because Paul Ryan is on the other side of the fence.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Wait...do you actually BELIEVE the emails were accidently lost? If anything them losing the emails proves to a rational person that they do have something to hide. Therefore, it is NOT a witch hunt unless you are one of those naive people that thinks that Government can be trusted. If so, I have some swampland in Florida to sell you.

Until you can provide contrary evidence, then yes I believe they were accidentally lost.

And no, a rational person doesn't make logic leaps and make assumptions to jump to a conclusion...especially if that person has already made up their mind about the topic.

This is a witch hunt...the GOP has zero evidence and they are HUNTING for it. They don't care if anything ever comes of it, just as long as their supporters get angry over it.

You are being played.

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Anyone who's every worked as a Systems Admin or a Mail admin knows that a crash of the user's hard drive would have about zero impact in being able to recover the email in question. On the back end, there are always servers, backups and a mandated period for retention of those backups for compliance reasons (like the current situation). Even deleting the users items or whole mailbox doesn't make this unrecoverable.

I call BS on this whole thing.
S

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I have watched that vid a couple of times and it keeps getting better...

You can hear early on a slimebag off camera saying: "oh come on now" to Ryan...

That Commissioner stares at him like some reptile about to shoot his forked tongue out of his down-turned slit of a mouth...

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: saneboy

originally posted by: neo96

Anyone who's every worked as a Systems Admin or a Mail admin knows that a crash of the user's hard drive would have about zero impact in being able to recover the email in question. On the back end, there are always servers, backups and a mandated period for retention of those backups for compliance reasons (like the current situation). Even deleting the users items or whole mailbox doesn't make this unrecoverable.

I call BS on this whole thing.
S

Yep because email isn't stored locally.

Then there is that whole RAID deal.

Redundant

Array

Storage.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

LOL

They essentially used the 'dog ate my homework' excuse.

And some people are buying it.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I have evidence ... My hard drive crashed just a couple weeks ago. And when I plugged in the new hard drive, guess what was the only thing I didn't lose? My EMAILS! They aren't on my computer's hard drive. They're on a separate server, just like Lerner's would have been. And ever since the Eisenhower days, the government makes records of everything in triplicate including emails now.

My husband's company keeps all his emails backed up on separate servers even the ones he makes copies of to his hard drive for personal record keeping and documentation. Are you telling me that the government is a shoddier outfit than my husband's employer? He can tell you it's a lie because he deals with the government agencies on a daily basis.

edit on 20-6-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

We are being played.

The circumstantial evidence is overwhelming, a rational person does not ignore this.

I believe the only way these emails will be made public is with the help of some independent hackers.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Do you store all of your emails on the physical hard drive of your workstation?

Does anybody? Do you think that's how email works?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join