It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia, AFP police pepper spray dog. SHOCKING VIDEO!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

A Canberra police officer is facing an internal investigation after CCTV showed him pepper-spraying a dog chained up in a man's backyard.

The plain-clothed Federal Police officer was performing a search on an unoccupied home in the suburb of Griffith last month when he confronted the dog.
The video shows the animal, which was securely chained in the backyard, barking at the officer, who is seen jumping backwards despite being several metres away.
The policeman then pulls out a bottle of capsicum spray and squirts the dog, which quickly cowers out of shot.
The officer is later seen appearing to dance near the dog then throwing a stick at it as other officers seemingly laugh.

Australia, AFP police pepper spray dog. SHOCKING VIDEO!

Did the obligatory search, Mods, please move to the best forum.

Haven't posted in a while but saw this on Facebook and had to post it.

This makes me sick to the stomach and good on the owner for making a formal complaint. The police officer should be charged ( as any civilian would be) and be reviewed by a psychologist for a mental health assessment and have his badge stripped and face jail time!

I once owned a dog that was tormented by my neighbour. The dog turned and became dangerous and almost attacked several people before I sadly had to put it down. Imagine if as a result of this incident this dog becomes dangerous and attacks someone as a result of this sub human police person...

If some one could find the video and post it below would be appreciated, I'm on my ipad and can't find it on YouTube or imbed it here...

What say you ATS'ers?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
No apparent need to approach the dog which was tethered.....?

He was a police officer ? Looked more like a skulking criminal type to me.

Whatever....more bad press for the police.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Ashtanic

Shame, I would like to think our Federal Police were trained better than this. Sigh, No excuse for this treatment, don't do it to my dogs. They lick everyone to death.

Regards

bally

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I'm trying to be positive about this. Aussie cops are by and large not all that bad. When the police make bad blunders like this down-under, it normally gets on the news and something is done to punish them. Small population you see, so it's easier to take action when they step out of line because not much else happens newsworthy down here. (
I'm guessing this because there are so many filler stories every night about monkeys and other zoo animals having birthdays, sleeping is good for you, funny shaped bakery goods etc etc etc.)

The problem with the US is there is just so much more of it happening because it has been breeding like rabbits and hardly any of it gets any notice. The US cops get away with being thugs more often than not and the cycle keeps getting worse year after year. When cops kill a human or a dog over there, it's become nothing more than the ambient hum of a refrigerator that is barely noticed.

With this happening it will be on news and radio nation wide and the cops involved will be shamed and given a public audience to boo them until something is done. It keeps these incidents relatively far and few between.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

I'm trying to be positive about this. Aussie cops are by and large not all that bad. When the police make bad blunders like this down-under, it normally gets on the news and something is done to punish them

Naive at best, also why would you expect everything to make the news, doesnt that come down to someone choosing to video the abuse or report it or by cctv evidence before being doctored by the cops themselves. Far from every thing makes the news clearly only those with the right connections can guarantee abuses make the news before being edited or filtered thru the mainstream media code ethics of "does this serve the public interest" to be news worthy.

edit on 26-6-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join