It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Propane Tanks Stolen from Sears

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
An employee of a Sears hardware store witnessed two people in a white Ryder truck loading propane tanks from a locked cage, located on the side of the building. The incident happened on Monday (11/29/04) at 10:00 PM, after the store closed. The employee was unable to get back into the locked store and drove 4 miles home to call the manager. Police arrived on the scene within 5 minutes however, the truck was gone along with the tanks. The lock was cut with bolt cutters. Columbus Police are concerned that the tanks could be used for terrorist activity and were making a public plea to the community and the surrounding areas to report any information to them immediately.

www.10tv.com...

I was surprised to first see the broadcast on our local news on Tuesday, 11/30/04, on the 5:00 broadcast as the leading news story in which they specifically attributed this to possible terrorist activity. Only 19 hours after the fact. Our local newspaper, The Dispatch, (which is the parent company of Channel 10 News) had this buried on page 3 of the Metro & State section of the paper on Wednesday 12/1/04.

This is absolute craziness from every angle. Do other ATS member have similar stories?!

[edit on 1-12-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I can see the headline now:

" An Ohio terrorist cell has one heck of a barbeque!"

"First reports indicate that a "teargas" type gas was detected in the air near an Ohio suburb. After an initial investigation, the "teargas" substance turned out to he a tasty Smoked Babeque suace used in Ohio's larget grill on record. Investigators are looking into links between this barbeque and a large propane caper just a few days prior. Charges are expected to be filed just as soon as investigators are through eating the babyback ribs..."

In all seriousness, how explostive can they make this stuff? we talking massive shrapnel type bombs? Or just alot of flame?

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
well if they leave it in the tanks ur talking alot of shrapnel. and if you mix it whith other ingredents it can make a pretty big bomb

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Are you serious? Detonating a large (or simultaneously detonating several BBQ sized propane tanks) would produce a very large and seriously destructive explosion.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
aolsearch.aol.com...

here is one eg of how it could happen

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I believe an entire propane TANKER went missing in NJ not too long ago.

this could have been simple theft, though, I doubt it.

new topics

top topics

join