It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Quietly Releases another 12 Jihad Terrorists from US Military Prison

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
If the release of five top Taliban leaders for a deserter, who may also now be a jihadist, didn't get you riled up, then perhaps this will. It was reported at the end of the week that the Obama administration released a dozen non-Afghan detainees to their respective homes from a US military prison in Afghanistan.

Obama Quietly Releases another 12 Jihad Terrorists from US Military Prison
edit on 17-6-2014 by LrdRedhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Is Obama a sleeper sympathizer?
I not UK but I think he is a F..k..g joke!

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

Strang the article didn't call them jihad terrorist....
Where are you getting that info from.
Seems they were just detainees
Seems no one is actually reading the source.
Op is the one calling them jihad terrorist, no where in the article is that even mentioned
edit on thTue, 17 Jun 2014 14:21:02 -0500America/Chicago620140280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

The Parwan detainees’ identities have remained largely a mystery to the public.

How do we know they weren't completely innocent, simply rounded up and thrown into a detention center just because they might have had some distant cousin who decided to make some bombs? Alot of people are going to just assume they're guilty of something just because they were detained. I'm not saying they aren't; maybe they are actual terrorists. But the fact of the matter is the U.S. seems to have developed a habit of detaining people without charge simply because they might be dangerous.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Maybe this Reuters article will help clarify it for you. All of these "detainees" were detained for a reason. There has been no investigation or trial exonerating them prior to their release.

It's also interesting to see the stark contrast and conflict of interests in releasing 17 "detainees" without investigation or trial, but suddenly a Benghazi terrorist suspect suddenly appears out of thin air and Obama says he "will face the full force of the American justice system". Sorry but I clearly see a Benghazi scapegoat designed to take the focus off of who the real criminals are here.

From Reuters on the 12 released:

The non-Afghan prisoners at Parwan are the only detainees remaining in U.S. custody in Afghanistan after U.S. officials shifted hundreds of Afghan prisoners to Afghan government custody last year.

In February, U.S. officials were outraged when the government of Afghan President Hamid Karzai released 65 of those prisoners, who Washington insisted were dangerous militants requiring at least further investigation.

The U.S. government considers some remaining non-Afghan prisoners at Parwan, like some at Guantanamo, too dangerous to be freed. Some of them have unclear links to the Afghan conflict, including a Yemeni arrested in Bangkok and secretly moved to Afghanistan.

US Quietly Moves Detainees Out Of Secretive Afghanistan Prison

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I agree, but still those detained should be subject to a full public investigation and trial before just being let go.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

You think it's good press to just blatantly say "Well Obama released another 12 terrorists today, but he sure is a swell guy"?

No, MSM has to spin it so people don't get all huffy puffy about it.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Ya i read it, that is why i don't get get why your are calling them jihad terrorist. ...
Un clear links??? Is that what you are going off of.
Rather weak IMHO
And I would love for you to find the "reason" every single one was detained. Plenty of laws in place that allows the us to detain for pretty much anything
edit on thTue, 17 Jun 2014 14:36:08 -0500America/Chicago620140880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DaMod

Just like they did with the five right?
MSN didn't call them terrorist or anything......

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
So America goes to Afghanistan starts a war , detains people fighting in the war.. Labels them "Terrorist " not POW's...

Then release them in AFGHANISTAN not the U.S ....and people are freaking out why? Big deal ! Not everyone who was captured was even a fighter or a"tterrorist " . Theirs some good docs floating around about how many innocent people have been detaind and accused of such .
Maybe this was the case ?

Calm down and stop eating from the "terriorist " spoon..

Go do some research.

Smh...

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Your prisons will be empty before Obama´s POTUS time is over..

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
People are STILL defending the present administration, yet seem a bit confused about current 'policies'.

I fear one day soon a large portion of those defenders are going to be saying "Wow! I didn't see that coming!"

If you put political partisanship aside and look at the events that are unfolding daily, the end goal should be as obvious as the nose on ones' face.

Doesn't the 'blame game' seem rather silly and pointless at this advanced stage? We have more important things to focus on than who's to blame, IMO.

I guess as long as the average person can be made to bicker about whose fault it is, no one will notice the next steps being taken.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Since they were illegally detained, even if they are would be terrorists, the United States had no jurisdiction or authority to unlawfully detain, and hold these prisoners indefinitely. Are they dangerous? Maybe Will they attack the United States? Maybe. When they do we will bring them to justice. But to imprison somebody for a crime they might commit but have not YET committed is a very effin dangerous line to cross. The Bush administration was wrong about this subject so many times and whatever O's reasons are to release them, this is ultimately irrelevant. What is relevant is that he is righting a wrong committed in all of America's name. American's are better than this. We must be.

This is in no way takin O's side. I think he has been a shame and abysmal stain on the office of the president. But so have his 4 predecessors been. This country is at a turning point. The office must be brought back under the control of the people.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

Don't tempt him... He has nothing to lose. Don't be surprised if he isn't seriously considering granting a full pardon to every person illegally in this country as one of his last official actions as president, at the end of his term. We could have a few hundred thousand more by then, maybe more.... Among other things he could do...

He has a pen and phone.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Just Obama doing what he does best, lie and deceive.

This guy does not give a damn about this country, his agenda is to pick up where his father left off, does anyone see or believe this or is he just doing the right thing in releasing his "comrade's" ??

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

This had nothing to do with defending Obama for me rather then it is about the op adding his own personal view as fact in the title and source link.
No where does it say they were confirmed terrorist, that is the point I am trying to make.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: th3dudeabides

The "real" terrorists are painting self-portraits of themselves in the bathtub and tweeting pics of their diamond-necklace-wearing mutts dining off of fine White House china while this country goes to hell in a handbasket. Anyone who can't see that is either blind or has an IQ equal to their shoe size.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: dollukka

Don't tempt him... He has nothing to lose. Don't be surprised if he isn't seriously considering granting a full pardon to every person illegally in this country as one of his last official actions as president, at the end of his term. We could have a few hundred thousand more by then, maybe more.... Among other things he could do...

He has a pen and phone.

Kinda like when bush offered amnesty?
Obama hasnt done anything the other douche bags and turd sandwiches before him have done
edit on thTue, 17 Jun 2014 16:13:29 -0500America/Chicago620142980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Battleline
Just Obama doing what he does best, lie and deceive.

This guy does not give a damn about this country, his agenda is to pick up where his father left off, does anyone see or believe this or is he just doing the right thing in releasing his "comrade's" ??

Like these people are such a threat to America. If they have no charges to place against these people then they should be let go. That is supposed to be the American way innocent until proven guilty.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

He has already been doing just that. Check out this article:

Report: Obama Admin Released Tens of Thousands of Illegal Immigrant Criminals

<<   2 >>

join