Call the Terrorists ISIL, Not ISIS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I was hoping this op would explain to me what ISIL and ISIS are supposed to stand for. I know about the ancient goddess ISIS. Is that who they are taking their namesake from and it doesn't stand for anything? What about ISIL? Is that just one word too? Why the all capital letters then?

I just think your thread would've had a lot more meaning to it and would have further served it's purpose if these questions had been addressed. What are the meaning of these two terms and why is one better or more accurate than the other? Why is there even a choice between 2 names for a terrorist/militant group? They should just have one name.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
I was hoping this op would explain to me what ISIL and ISIS are supposed to stand for. I know about the ancient goddess ISIS. Is that who they are taking their namesake from and it doesn't stand for anything? What about ISIL? Is that just one word too? Why the all capital letters then?

I just think your thread would've had a lot more meaning to it and would have further served it's purpose if these questions had been addressed. What are the meaning of these two terms and why is one better or more accurate than the other? Why is there even a choice between 2 names for a terrorist/militant group? They should just have one name.

REALLY!!!
How about you read the thread
4th post page one
I will not spell it out for you, your gonna have to go backto page one, READ, scroll down.
4th post, its right there

Seriously

edit on 16-6-2014 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join