It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You did not know there was doubt, but: Thor's hammer is a hammer!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Thor's hammer is not as mighty as my Throbbing Thrill Hammer!

2nd

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

The myth seem's to indicate a thunderstone which of course is most probably a meteorite and so it may have been made of an iron nickel condritic meteorite or maybe not, the shaft supposedly a branch of ydgrassil the world tree is more enigmatic and may have more religious meaning.
So is it possible it was simply a real hammer that was used by a very great anceint warrior.
I seem to remember some time back some russian archeaologists thought they may have found a bronze age kingdom which may have been the basis for the Vallhall myth and linked Odin to a possible real eurasian king whom once ruled that kingdom but my memory is fuzzy at best on the matter and I do not know how that panned out.

A lot of myths have been shown to have basis in fact such as the Amazons of greek myth whom were most likely a stepp tribe of eurasian warrior's and from some female warrior graves they were tall woman up to six feet tall and with auburn or blond hair, indeed they were probably the ancestors of modern eurasian woman though in that time there has been much tribal migration and mixing of gene's but it bears in mind the legendary valkyrie.

Anyway for most of us the DC comics version is far better than the bloodthirst norse deity.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
There is also the myth that Thor was in fact one of the "giants" that came to earth and mated with the women.

And after the first night he simply couldn't bear to be incognito and he therefore decided to reveal to the happy maiden who he was, so that she could be suitably in awe.

"I am Thor" he said in his deep fruity voice.

"Zho am I" she lisped.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

No we can't use that as evidence but the fact that there is a loooong history of the mythology by way of word of mouth and the fact that there are prototypical drawings, not actually of the deities, that can be dated to 600BC is pretty strong evidence.

Believe me, if my ancestors were in contact with ETs or had space programs or experience with space, I'd be proud and more than happy to be proven wrong. I just don't think I am.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Is that it?

Headline.
Thor was an Ant.

Ahhhh

thats why there is issues with Marvels Ant Man movie and the director being changed.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
And all this time I thought it was a rock tied to a stick

top topics

<< 1   >>

join