It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama will not send troops into Iraq. Will consider further actions over coming days: Statement.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal

What you are seeing now in Iraq will seem like child's play to what will happen in Afghanistan when we abandon that godforsaken place completely.

Obama would pull out of there completely now, but that would be too obvious. Gotta wait until 2016...

We have to leave Afghanistan eventually, just like Iraq. Sooner or later the inhabitants of those countries must choose their own destiny. It isn't going to be easy, or pretty... But it has to happen.

Unless we want to conquer these countries, occupy them and make them states of the USA... What other options are there?

It is never how a war is fought that matters, it is how it ends. All wars end in victory or defeat... You can decide which applies where in this case.

What are birthers?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital
Oh, they have received aide. Indirectly. They now own the US military gear we sent to Iraq. They are using our gear against them. The only way we could fight them now, is by air, or drone, because putting boots on the ground would be pure suicide. They show a lot of images of pickup trucks, but if you look, they have our tanks, helicopters, etc. And a column is heading to Baghdad, just like the US did.

Obama removed the Generals that had the knowledge and tacticts to go there, that had been there. Was that intentional? I think so. When told they will take the city in 48 hours, Obama says they will work out a plan and get back in a couple of months. Why is he abandoning the PM he chose? Is this all part of the plan? Hmm.

Just look at the facts, not what tge WH claims, is all I ask. It's there, if you want to look...

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I'm well aware of such happenings, and i do thank you for pointing them out in this thread.

I do agree that the US government knew about this crap. Heck, anyone should have seen this coming. ISIS has been operating in Iraq for the past 6 months. Additionally, they are very public in their goals.

I'm not sure if one is able to ultimately conclude that Obama is a terrorist sympathiser, but if there is anything going on behind the scenes, i would say it probably runs deeper than an extremist president.

Thanks again,

Daas.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Libertygal
Oh, they have received aide. Indirectly. They now own the US military gear we sent to Iraq. They are using our gear against them. The only way we could fight them now, is by air, or drone, because putting boots on the ground would be pure suicide. They show a lot of images of pickup trucks, but if you look, they have our tanks, helicopters, etc. And a column is heading to Baghdad, just like the US did.

Obama removed the Generals that had the knowledge and tacticts to go there, that had been there. Was that intentional? I think so. When told they will take the city in 48 hours, Obama says they will work out a plan and get back in a couple of months. Why is he abandoning the PM he chose? Is this all part of the plan? Hmm.

Just look at the facts, not what tge WH claims, is all I ask. It's there, if you want to look...

No doubt about that.

I did say that 'officially', ISIS shouldn't be receiving any aid from the USA. The only reason why they have US military gear now, is because 35, 000 Iraqi soldier packed up and fled. Who knows why they done it, but it in and of itself sound suspicious...(although i probably would have done the same, to be honest, lol).

I don't think bombing them would work very well. It may slow their progress towards Baghdad, but it won't defeat them. A clear and decisive ground force would be needed to drive ISIS away...

Yeah, i think something needs to be done soon. ISIS already has firm control over most of Iraq, and could go into Baghdad at any moment. For Obama to say that they will come to a conclusion on a military plan in a number of days is just too long.
edit on 13-6-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
How, exactly, is it sticking your nose in other peoples' business when the Prime Minister of Iraq, that Obama CHOSE, not got elected, calls the WH and begs for help?

Not saying I agree or disagree, but, I would just love an answer to this question.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Thanks, I appreciate your response, and respect your stance.

For me, when I discovered that Egyptian Brotherhood were actually a part of the upper government and Cabinet, was enough for me.

What other countries deem a terrorist faction, we actually enabled, gave money, and made a part of our internal government. As I said, from within.

Sigh.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Libertygal
Thanks, I appreciate your response, and respect your stance.

For me, when I discovered that Egyptian Brotherhood were actually a part of the upper government and Cabinet, was enough for me.

What other countries deem a terrorist faction, we actually enabled, gave money, and made a part of our internal government. As I said, from within.

Sigh.

Thanks. Same to you.

Indeed. There seems to be a problem of external forces operating within the US government (Jewish and Muslim organisations to name some).
I think democracy needs a pretty good shakeup, in order to get all the corrupted elements out of it. Alas, it might always be like that, unfortunately.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I don’t think there is evidence Obama is any terrorist sympathizes with all the drones he has done to exterminate many of them.

I think Obama just always tries to take the easy way out, something a president really can’t do all the time.

If he wasn’t prepared to do some things like wars, then he shouldn’t have run for the office in the first place.

On a conspiratorial level (hypothetical) as I have prospered often, the US may be only drumming up a credible enemy their muscle men can fight—MIC....Lots of money and glory in that. And these lunatic ISIS nuts are the best thing since sliced bread to the MIC boys to one day just mow down like bowling pins by one of their new drone technologies.

I have said often that the Islamist extremists (useful idiots) have made themselves the new Indians for the US to just exterminate like they did to the Native Americans.

Of course the Native Americans didn’t deserve it but these lunatics, and I speak as one from an Islamic background, IMO, deserve to be mowed down.

It’s only a shame that innocent people have to die

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I have a question.

Isn't ISIS part of the same group that the US has aided in Syria?

I've been reading through this thread waiting for somebody to say just this (yeah I know I'm late to the party). Bush screwed up by going into Iraq in the first place, Obama royally screwed the pooch by arming a bunch of Islamists in Syria to topple Assas. Now they're in Iraq. Way to go.

edit on Fri23Fri, 13 Jun 2014 23:23:07 -05003014Fri by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Get your tanks and grab your guns...

I'm thinking limited airstrikes and a lot of drones...

I wonder just what are the chances for the drones to be targeting Civilians or Syria by accident?

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

What you are seeing now in Iraq will seem like child's play to what will happen in Afghanistan when we abandon that godforsaken place completely.

Obama would pull out of there completely now, but that would be too obvious. Gotta wait until 2016...

We have to leave Afghanistan eventually, just like Iraq. Sooner or later the inhabitants of those countries must choose their own destiny. It isn't going to be easy, or pretty... But it has to happen.

Unless we want to conquer these countries, occupy them and make them states of the USA... What other options are there?

It is never how a war is fought that matters, it is how it ends. All wars end in victory or defeat... You can decide which applies where in this case.

What are birthers?

US will never abandon Afghanistan as there would be no one to protect poppy seed fields.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DirtyD

originally posted by: beezzer
I have a question.

Isn't ISIS part of the same group that the US has aided in Syria?

I've been reading through this thread waiting for somebody to say just this (yeah I know I'm late to the party). Bush screwed up by going into Iraq in the first place, Obama royally screwed the pooch by arming a bunch of Islamists in Syria to topple Assas. Now they're in Iraq. Way to go.

He has been arming his Muslim bros since day one of the Arab spring, just as he planned to do. I suspect all the drone strikes he orders are against real moderates or made up strikes to look like he is against terrorist when he is most obviously for them. Supporting the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt against the U.S. loyal and allied Egyptian military was a huge red flag!!

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

It seems odd, that in this country it seems that congress and the judicial system are afraid of the executive branch, when in reality congress have more elected members that the other two.

edit on 14-6-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

This is a 2013 account of the drone strikes done by the administration.

Interestingly it seems that while the president sign for targeted attacks, the CIA have carte blanche to do strikes without the president approval as long as they are in a so call "Kill list" that has been gathered by the CIA department it self.

Now this is highly debatable when you have an office of the government dictating who lives and die around the world[/b]

Everything We Know So Far About Drone Strikes

www.propublica.org...

edit on 14-6-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Marg, it is the various alphabet agencies, and clandestine entities under the control of the executive branch through their department heads, staff and appointees, through restructuring, and asserting new directives etc where all of the power for this particular administration comes from.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Instead of playing golf maybe he should try to play president and figure out a way to stop his well funded terrorist group from overtaking Baghdad.

Why it isn't happening in America. Iraq just needs to grows some balls and do their own fighting.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

Supporting the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt against the U.S. loyal and allied Egyptian military was a huge red flag!!

No it wasn't. If you knew anything about the peace agreement between Israel and Egypt America is required to give those things to Egypt regardless of who was in charge. Yes somehow America got stuck with giving Egypt 1.5 billion dollars a years in money and arms. Had America stopped giving it to them then the agreement between Israel and Egypt would have come to an end.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: thesaneone

Instead of playing golf maybe he should try to play president and figure out a way to stop his well funded terrorist group from overtaking Baghdad.

Why it isn't happening in America. Iraq just needs to grows some balls and do their own fighting.

So what we should do is just wait until his little buddy comes and attacks the U.S ?

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

He pulled out the US military... The Iraqis can't possibly grow big enough balls to compensate for that loss or to fill that power void.

The United States military!.... Gone from Iraq. It was an open invitation, and the opportunity these groups have been waiting for.

And to make it even better for them, the USA has a weak president that makes the opportunity irresistible to them.

How is his golf game going?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I think Obamas gona play with his golf balls till its over with and Baghdad has changed hands. Michell has his other set .

Lets follow this back mental ramblings and oddities that may or may not be any thing

ISIS or ISIL was on the move since January .

ISIS is looking to build a caliphate in this area.

Maliki, in Iraq, has been asking for help for two years and Obama just couldn’t be bothered some articles say They wanted USA troops for know how training intel direction for the troops. No fighting just advise us please. No help.

ISIS is sunni.

Al Qaeda are sunni

Iraq is mainly shiite so is Iran and Syria.

Most anti government forces in Syria are sunni. Syrian government is shiite . Hamas is sunni while Hezbollah is shiite.

Saudi Arabia was funneling money and arms to Syrian rebels

Some articles rumors the CIA annex in Benghazi was funneling US weapons to Syrian rebels . Sunni ?

Muslim Brotherhood has helped the rebels in Syria they are also sunni .

Saudi Arabia allows criminals to fight in exchange for freedom . Syria is where they are going .

We threw a fit when the Egyptian military threw out the Muslim Brotherhood , the military thought this Muslim Brotherhood leadership was not in the peoples best interest.

Obama supported the Arab spring which propelled the Muslim Brotherhood to power in Egypt .

Some articles hint that Obamas brother dealt with or worked for the Muslim Brotherhood . Some articles hint that there are Muslim Brotherhood members in this administration or advisory's to this administration.

Saudi Arabia is the home of Osama bin Ladin he was sunni.

The Taliban are a sunni sect. Obama traded 5 for 1 .

The caliphate good article with map.
lostislamichistory.com...

We were at war with a member state of the caliphate 1810 ish is The Barbary coast war. Usa refused to pay $225000 tribute to a prince.

Sultans of the caliphate from what I read were sunni.

Saudi Arabia is sunni. Obama Bowed to the Saudi king sunni.

Is it just me or is there too many favorable political decisions being made in favor of Sunni causes lately . Is this on accident or on purpose.

Mental wandering since nothing is making sense
edit on 15-6-2014 by Lostinthedarkness because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2014 by Lostinthedarkness because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join