It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama will not send troops into Iraq. Will consider further actions over coming days: Statement.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: nixie_nox

NN you're wasting your time. This isn't a thread for an objective discussion about the problem (we created) in Iraq. It's for another opportunity to point blame at Obama and make kindergardenesque comments about serious world problems. Keep your facts to yourself (though there are a precious few of us that still respect them).

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Why would USA bomb our Saudi-funded allies?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: nixie_nox
I am sure the President should be listening to you people instead of highly educated and experienced five star generals, state department, economists, ambassadors, and other council.

Where is the eye rolling emoticon?

www.cbsnews.com...

He doesn't listen to his "other council"

Maybe he should actually listen to the people.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I have a question.

Isn't ISIS part of the same group that the US has aided in Syria?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Yup.. the very same physical people.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

So we don't want to bomb/drone them, yet . . . . well, we might do airstrikes. . . but. . . . we sent them arms and money to fight. . . . but. . .

*beezzer's head explodes*

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

There isn't much he can or will do.

Sure there is something he can do. He can publicly admit our defeat in Iraq. The standard reaction to such news is for the terrorists to come out of hiding and dance in the streets. Launch a few cruise missiles on their parade, and bam, no more terrorists.

Then we can go deal with Mexico.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Oh now, (hands Beezzer some duct tape) tape your head together and just remember the operative things here.

#1. We were against them before we were for them, and all before we decided they couldn't remain!

#2. Everyone is to blame so no individual is at fault for anything anymore, ever.

If you get hung up on #1, skip to #2, then refer back to solve #1. They cover each other and make it all wrap up like a Scooby Doo episode with smiles on every face, no matter how bad something has been.

So, don't worry! Be Happy!

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

And if you really want to make your head swim remember those heroic Soviet-battling freedom fighters that Saint Ronnie of Reagan said were like the Founding Fathers? They became the Taliban!

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

So we don't want to bomb/drone them, yet . . . . well, we might do airstrikes. . . but. . . . we sent them arms and money to fight. . . . but. . .

*beezzer's head explodes*

I think we gave them enough military gear, and attempts at training...along with a huge dollup of tax payers money to pick up the slack of their defense.

Last I heard, about 5 mins ago, their *army* of approx, 15,000, threw down arms, shed uniforms...and high tailed it out of the path of 800 invaders. Yup...800 sent 15,000 running for the hills.

If they can't stand up to protect themselves, with all the assets we gave them. It makes no sense to send our brave troops, to cover their cowardly asses. Makes no sense at all to me.

Des

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

NN you're wasting your time. This isn't a thread for an objective discussion about the problem (we created) in Iraq. It's for another opportunity to point blame at Obama and make kindergardenesque comments about serious world problems. Keep your facts to yourself (though there are a precious few of us that still respect them).

Sad but true. Trillions of dollars were sunk into that wretched country, the stability of the region took another punch in the kidneys, thousands of Allied troops and untold numbers of Iraqis were killed - and for what? So that Dubya could squint at himself in the mirror, smirk and tell himself that he'd done something that his Daddy had failed to do! The invasion was a mess, the occupation was a disaster and the aftermath was a catastrophe. And Dubya sits in his fortified hideyhole in Texas and paints pictures of his own thumb. Pathetic, utterly pathetic.

Sorry, but I'm a bit angry.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Well... Errr... ummm.... No... They..umm.. didn't.

Sorry..it's such a raging pet peeve of mine by now..Well..

To put it real simply, the Mujahadin fighting the Soviets were split among two factions...at least two..but we'll stick with the two main segments during the 1980's. The Afghanis and the Arabs. The Arabs came in riding high like peacocks and looking down of the Afghans like servants. I understand many Afghans still don't much care for the Arab elements among them.

After the Soviets left and we wished everyone well with the best hopes (err..mistake of the century) they came to form two groups who fought a very energetic civil war right up to the point America returned in 2001.

One side was the Northern Alliance (SCN-Shura-yi Nazar-i Shamali) under the command of Ahmad Shah Masood. He in turn was assassinated by an Al Qaeda hit team just before the 9/11 attack, as they posed as a camera crew and blew him into paradise. A preemptive strike that hobbled the U.S. Allied side of the Afghan situation....which was never the Taliban.

The other faction to form was the Taliban itself and we saw what nice folks they were when they had national control and used a sports stadium to execute women for public amusement (literally) with rifle shots casually delivered on the playing field.

Just my addition to toss in and one of those days I can't help myself. Don't mind me...

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Wow, I didn't know that!

He still is in a major political position. He is the speaker of the House. He is also the head of a branch of government like the President.

But your comment is just a convenient distraction from the fact that you haven't acknowledged that the wing nuts have a serious double standard. President Obama has played less golf than the other recent Presidents. And also has taken far less vacation days.

You have ignored the fact that golf is just a different form of work for most people, with the exception of athletes.

""Presidents don't get vacations — they just get a change of scenery. The job goes with you." -Nancy Reagan

"“I see our President criticized for playing golf. I don't. I think he ought to play golf,"- George Bush

But since this is a silly myth that is still being said after 6 years, along with the stupid teleprompter remarks, it just tells the rest of the world that you are devoted and brainwashed follower to your cult with no interest in actually learning the truth or understanding both sides to every story.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Obama will not send troops into Iraq.

Translation: Obama will send troops to Iraq...

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: coastlinekid

Obama will not send troops into Iraq.

Translation: Obama will send troops to Iraq...

You can't send troops in without their equipment. It takes time to ship everything out.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

I know, we need a program to remove the wing nuts from the cult and slowly acclimatize them to that four letter word, fact (s).

But I will never stop the good fight. XD

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Where did I say he plays more golf then any other president?

Instead of playing golf maybe he should try to play president and figure out a way to stop his well funded terrorist group from overtaking Baghdad.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I have a question.

Isn't ISIS part of the same group that the US has aided in Syria?

Indeed the very same people that the administration armed..........hmm weird huh?!

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This just gets worse and worse. So the US has been watching these guys via unmanned surveillance aircraft since last year and they still got the jump on everyone. Unbelievable.

The U.S. since last year has been secretly flying unmanned surveillance aircraft in small numbers over Iraq to collect intelligence on insurgents, according to U.S. officials.

The program was limited in size and proved little use to U.S. and Iraqi officials when Islamist fighters moved swiftly this week to seize two major Iraqi cities, the officials said.
NASDAQ

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
You guys know the definition of insanity.

There is never going to be a good outcome for us.

Let somebody else stop them.

We just can't seem to do anything right in the Region.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join