It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspected deserter Bergdahl getting medical treatment stateside

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
WAIT! WAIT!

A suspected deserter is getting medical treatment in San Antonio without being put on the VA "wait list". Shouldn't he have to stand in line behind proven American heroes? I have lots to bite my tongue about this injustice. All of our deployed solders face fear and doubts but they stand firm and honor their oaths. Why is he getting a free pass?

Those of you who have served in past military campaigns KNOW what happened to people who endangered the unit. Surely they were given ice cream and placed in a peaceful room while psycological profiles were contemplated.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
When your one of Obama's boy's nothing is to good.

Second

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: searching411
WAIT! WAIT!

A suspected deserter is getting medical treatment in San Antonio without being put on the VA "wait list". Shouldn't he have to stand in line behind proven American heroes? I have lots to bite my tongue about this injustice. All of our deployed solders face fear and doubts but they stand firm and honor their oaths. Why is he getting a free pass?

Those of you who have served in past military campaigns KNOW what happened to people who endangered the unit. Surely they were given ice cream and placed in a peaceful room while psycological profiles were contemplated.

I would think when he is on his knees facing Meca instead of saying "Allahu Akbar" he says "Obama Akbar".

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: searching411

Active Duty healthcare and VA healthcare ... apples and oranges.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Ahhh you beat me too it…At least I don't think he has been handed his DD-214 yet.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

He has not been formally discharged from the US military, and as such is still considered "Active Duty".

While on active duty, you receive medical care from the military.

As Snarl said: Apples and Oranges.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

As a retired First Sergeant with 23 years in I can correct some wrong information. As has been said he is still active duty apples and oranges. According to the Manual for Courts Martial he is not a deserter yet. To be convicted of desertion you have to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt he had no intentions of ever coming back, almost impossible if not impossible to prove. The military will conduct an investigation and proceed from there. I would think he is guilty of AWOl.

I am not standing up for the guy but the terms relating to him are wrong. The talking heads on MSM add nothing to the story and insist on the wrong labels for him.

Do I think he will go to trial under a Court Martial or be convicted if he does, not a chance under this administration and military leadership at the top.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Wait ?

How the hell can a deserter be 'active duty'

Pretty much a given he didn't think snip of his 'duty'.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Wait ?

How the hell can a deserter be 'active duty'

Pretty much a given he didn't think snip of his 'duty'.

Just because he violated his contract with the US government (IE left his post), does not void the contract. Until he is issued a DD214 that states that he is no longer on active duty, then he still is, and has been on active duty.

You have to sign your DD214, with the exception of the obvious KIA or MIA.

In other words: you can not be discharged from active duty because you walked away. Only Uncle Sugar can discharge you, and you remain on active duty until Uncle Sugar says otherwise.

Of course if the US won't release you from active duty and you have done nothing wrong, and have finished your tour of duty, then Uncle Sugar is the one in trouble (rarely happens).

Just like an escaped prisoner who is suppose to do 10 years time, if they escape after only 2 years, and are not found until 20 years go by, do you think they just shrug and say "Oh well, 20 years have gone by."
Nope. In most cases, if they are caught, they are brought back to finish serving their time, with very few exceptions.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: searching411
WAIT! WAIT!

Wow, give it a break.

He has been a POW for 5 years and all you guys can think to do is to use him as a political football.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

He is a deserter. Not a single person who served with him has come to his defense. Only the people who do not matter feel sorry for him.

I realize he is still considered active duty. I just hate that he has free medical while there are more deserving veterans.

I hate that he and the prisoners at Gitmo receive better health care than the average combat survivor.

I have lost loved ones, I DO NOT HAVE ANY SYMPATHY FOR A COWARD WHO FAILS TO HOLD UP TO HIS OATH.

Why is he taken to the candy store and pamper and rewarded while so many have given so much or all.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

What part of 'active duty' do you not understand? His former comrades can say whatever they want, until the court martial hearing he's still a soldier in the US military and will receive treatment of a longtime POW. Treatment that was developed as a result of the Vietnam war.

This is America. We have trials to find guilt. Wait until after the court martial. Then you can complain.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

There is 0 political about this. Absolutely nothing at all. Politics are for politicians and this man was a solider until he chose not to be, of his own free will.

Now I can't link directly to the link ON this page. However, the page itself is one used as a source occasionally around here. Not often, but still, nothing whatsoever illegal about the source itself.

Cryptome

4th item group from the top in the June 7/8 segment is an entry for documents relating to this former POW, to be respectful in how I put it. THOSE cannot be linked to, to my understanding, as they contain material with uncertain status for classification originating from the 2010 Wiki material.

However, within that...you'll see why many of us are white hot mad about this boy and the fact we (America) gave A LOT....for nothing in return.

To have this come at the very same time Iraq is in the process of falling, to make everything our men and people I know as family and friends gave up some or all for mean nothing, couldn't be worse for reactions.

I hope this guy gets the best care money can buy, and then I hope he gets the best defense in a Courts Martial that can be supplied, for him to get a half way decent bunk at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. I'd wish for world peace too... I'm used to disappointment in that way.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Like somebody else say, He is still considered active duty and May add that he can even get back pay also, I believe 300,000 dollars up to day.

Now, I can only give an opinion, he may be found mentally unstable to stand military trial and could even get a free ride as disable under the tax payer.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

However, within that...you'll see why many of us are white hot mad about this boy and the fact we (America) gave A LOT....for nothing in return. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here some other things to be irked about:

Their talking point how 'we leave no man behind'.

We have done that for decades.

Most recently in Benghazi.

Before that there is a doctor rotting in a Pakistani prison for aid information in the 'killing of Bin Laden'.

Before that the men left behind in the 'War of Drugs' in Central, and South America.

Before that thousands were left behind in Vietnam.

We absolutely got nothing for him.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

No. You and all the others are just judging someone before they have had chance to tell their story. This is a worrying trend on this site. But hey, like those judging members say: "it is their right to judge ...".

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LarryLove

Well the fellow men in his unit are more credible than the current administration.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Like somebody else say, He is still considered active duty and May add that he can even get back pay also, I believe 300,000 dollars up to day.

Now, I can only give an opinion, he may be found mentally unstable to stand military trial and could even get a free ride as disable under the tax payer.

Here is an idea: wait for him to make it back to America and tell his side to the story, or just judge and be forever more morally higher in your own head. Everybody has the right to reply.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

There is 0 political about this. Absolutely nothing at all. Politics are for politicians and this man was a solider until he chose not to be, of his own free will.

Now I can't link directly to the link ON this page. However, the page itself is one used as a source occasionally around here. Not often, but still, nothing whatsoever illegal about the source itself.

Cryptome

4th item group from the top in the June 7/8 segment is an entry for documents relating to this former POW, to be respectful in how I put it. THOSE cannot be linked to, to my understanding, as they contain material with uncertain status for classification originating from the 2010 Wiki material.

However, within that...you'll see why many of us are white hot mad about this boy and the fact we (America) gave A LOT....for nothing in return.

To have this come at the very same time Iraq is in the process of falling, to make everything our men and people I know as family and friends gave up some or all for mean nothing, couldn't be worse for reactions.

I hope this guy gets the best care money can buy, and then I hope he gets the best defense in a Courts Martial that can be supplied, for him to get a half way decent bunk at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. I'd wish for world peace too... I'm used to disappointment in that way.

Be angry but only after he has had time to tell his side of the story. What bothers me most is the ilk of person (you included—especially your 'stature' as moderator.) who judges a person without them having chance to tell their side.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: LarryLove

Well the fellow men in his unit are more credible than the current administration.

But you and all the others have judged before this guy even landed back 'home' . Truly disgusting character traits.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join