It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Winner: "None of the Above" - NV Dem Primary for Gov.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
The "None of the Above" option should come standard on all voting ballots.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Implement this choice for the 2016 election cycle. Putting that on ballots would scare the stuff'n out of HIllary and Chris Christie and Jeb Bush, etc etc. It would be the best thing to happen to the USA in a long time ....

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
sweet.

Now you are all finally seeing how you have been led down the Garden Path for so long.
NO ONE VOTES.

If 100% of Americans voted there would be little to no corruption in their Country because there are far more good Americans than bad ones,it is that simple.

A 100% vote enforced by law is all you need.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
While I agree "None of the Above" would be a good choice if it left that seat empty, from what I've read that didn't actually happen - when it became clear that None was the winner, they gave the seat to the democrat that won second place.

What we need is a law that mandates an option for "None of the Above" in every election, and mandates that seat to remain empty for one full term of that seat if "None of the Above" wins. Maybe then the U.S. could start to clean house...

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Robert Goodman Indicate which principles you support (if any) regarding immigration.

a) Decrease the number of legal immigrants allowed into the country.
b) Establish English as the official national language.
Xc) Support a temporary worker program.
d) Support harsher financial punishments for those who knowingly employ illegal immigrants.
Xe) Support amnesty for illegal immigrants already working in the United States.
f) Illegal immigrants should have to return to their countries of origin before being considered for citizenship.
Xg) Illegal immigrants should be given a pathway to citizenship.
Xh) Support merit-based visas over family-based visas.
i) Other or expanded principles

So Harry is pushing people who want more illegals into officer.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

I am curious how many people across the nation are now going to change their name to none of the above in order to win.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Registering as Independent is all good and everything but means little if you're still voting from the same Rep/Dem trough. We need a complete political housecleaning in this country and we need to socially ostracize all politicians for their role in our collective disembowelment.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Yeaaaa, Montgomery Brewster, that is the funniest thing I've read ina while.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

One would think a vote like this...none of the above, would shake a few career politicians heads up.

But knowing Harry, all he'll do is throw more money at it. It's the only way they know. Buy votes when they can't get them on their records.

When the Cantor vote was being tallied, he was no where around, couldn't be found by his campaign people, for them to tell him things were not looking so good. He was already out with donors pre-celebrating his big win. That's how sure he was he was going to win. I loved seeing that butt hurt look on his face when he found out he'd lost.

I want to see that same look on every good old boy, look out for each other only, career politician.

It's time we the people, take back our Country. Both parties need to clean house.

Des

It would be good to see them clean house, but as long as both parties are beholding to same master and it's not the people, we are all still going to have the same problem. Personally, I would like to see a "NO PARTY" representative system, where the elected are chosen on their ethics, honesty, transparency and principles rather than "party" agendas.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Huh. This has me slightly flummoxed. The way I've always seen it, voting is rigged. This implies that they actually counted the votes and didn't lie about the outcome. Unless TPTB are playing some game with us that I'm missing.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I think any ballot paper which does not include an option for "none of the above" is not a proper ballot paper. Well done to everyone who voted for the only logical choice on the sheet!

Really? I think None of the Above is pretty silly, because they won't let "nobody" win. We always have the option of not entering a choice for a particular race. Or skipping voting altogether.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I thought I would send a request to Elections Canada through their online complaint/suggestion form page. This is what I sent;

This actually applies to ALL elections. We are not stupid and we do know that it really doesn't matter which party is voted for or gets in, they are all controlled by the same people, hence the historically consistent "working against the majority of constituents" problem. I can't find one person, and I know thousands, who actually believes elections are not rigged in one way or another, either by vote count or by choice in available candidates.

Could you please enforce a candidate option that states "None of the Above" as a final option on the form. The candidates rolled out are generally either nepotistic, useless, corrupt or simply stupid and they all have the distinct appearance of either being narcissistic sociopaths or psychopaths with a "screw everyone else and let's see what I can do for me today" attitude.

It would be a nice option and an effective way for people to show their acceptance, acquiescence or disgust in the system and the candidates.

It might also be an interesting additional option, in gathering data, to place a series of three or four check-boxes after each candidate's name, where the voter could agree easily with "honest", "lazy", "moron" or "corrupt."

This was hopefully some helpful thoughts and suggestions on the skewed nature of our faux political system in this colony.

If anyone wants to use or modify the body of the text to suit their taste and send it along, feel free. The link is here; Elections Canada On-Line Complaint/Suggestion Form and I did use my real name, email address and phone number.

Hopefully, I'll get a response and I will post that up here as well ;-)

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/12.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: lindalinda

I think any ballot paper which does not include an option for "none of the above" is not a proper ballot paper. Well done to everyone who voted for the only logical choice on the sheet!

Really? I think None of the Above is pretty silly, because they won't let "nobody" win. We always have the option of not entering a choice for a particular race. Or skipping voting altogether.

I disagree. By have the option of marking none of the above. You are making a statement, that those running for office, do NOT meet your standards. It's also a wake up call to those running, that they didn't campaign on what *we the people* wanted.

Des

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

originally posted by: lindalinda

I disagree. By have the option of marking none of the above. You are making a statement, that those running for office, do NOT meet your standards. It's also a wake up call to those running, that they didn't campaign on what *we the people* wanted.

Des

That and 5 bucks might get you a sandwich. Do you think anybody is going to change because of the statement anyone makes? It's not even clear how you want them to change. Some NOTA voters think you're not liberal enough. Some think you're not conservative enough. There's no way to tell and why even care when second place gets the win anyway.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: lindalinda

Well, with respect, if an electoral system fails to produce effective governance which echos the needs, and will of the people in all things, and at all times, then having the option to refuse to choose between the over polished turds on offer, is a necessity.

You see, by failing to vote at all, one gives up the opportunity to have any say what so ever. A blank or ruined ballot makes no audible statement what so ever, and neither does low voter turn out. No matter what the intent of a person is, in spoiling their paper, or indeed refusing to even visit the polling station, it is READ as voter apathy, and that is a statistic which gives an ADVANTAGE to the people who cause the problems in government, not a baffle against their continued reign.

Having an option of "none of the above" should result in the possibility, that if enough people vote that way, no leader can be elected during that cycle, no power can be wielded except to allow things like the mail to be delivered, and the trash collected, and the doctors and nurses and police and so on to keep doing their jobs, until or unless an election cycle is enacted where appropriate candidates are allowed into the equation.

If that state of affairs is not allowed to come to pass, that would be clear and actionable evidence that the people who are in control of this mess we call life in the developed world, are not the puppets we see on our television screens, in the Houses of Parliament here in the UK, or in the Oval Office, or any seat of power in the USA.

In short, if you care a damn for democracy, or indeed the right of the people to exert their will over the running of the country you live in at any level, you should want this option to be available, and for selecting it to have gravitas when it comes to the vote being counted, and it's results acted upon.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
sweet.

Now you are all finally seeing how you have been led down the Garden Path for so long.
NO ONE VOTES.

If 100% of Americans voted there would be little to no corruption in their Country because there are far more good Americans than bad ones,it is that simple.

A 100% vote enforced by law is all you need.

How would a government go about forcing people to vote? Go door to door with guns?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
None of the above won a Democratic primary this week. It was only a matter of time.

Thanks to a 1975 state law, Nevadans have the option to cast a vote for "none of these candidates." And on Tuesday, that's what Democratic voters did, voting for no one nearly 22,000 times. "None of these candidates" took 30 percent of the vote and finished first.

Like some others have said, add it to ALL the ballots.

In primary campaigns since 1998, Democrats have voted for "none of these candidates" at higher rates than Republicans, according to data from the U.S. Election Atlas. Over 120,000 votes have been cast for no one in eight races on the Democratic side, with "None" having and average finish of 2.5 (in other words, somewhere between second and third). "None" kept doing better in gubernatorial primaries, too: third in 2006 and second in 2010. In all primaries, "None" scooped up 15.6 percent of the vote, on average.

I guess that just means Republicans prefer Kool-Aid over tap water...

edit on 12-6-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TomLawless

How would a government go about forcing people to vote? Go door to door with guns?

With many I've talked to that do not vote. The one big reason they give is that they don't like any of the people they get to choose from. There was no "lesser of the two evils" to them. Giving people an option to select "None of the Above" would give these people something to vote for. That is if as many have already said the runner up isn't just given the spot.

If no one likes the option of leaving the spot open, I say rerun the election but ban the ones that where running be for from running again. Since it's already been shown that no one wanted them and it would just be a waste of time anyways.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Registering as an independent does no good whatsoever as long as the only people on the ballot are Democrats and Republicans. We need independent candidates on the primary ballots in all states.

edit on 7-5-2014 by groingrinder because: Edited for spelling.

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Some insights to what might have happened. As much as I like this, it is most likely evidence of voter box manipulation. They simply switch the candidates check box with the opponents.

But recognize this. Brian Sandoval is very popular and rumor has it he plans on running to unseat harry. They are grooming Sandoval to be president. Harry knows all this and the dems are trying their hardest to ruin sandovals career before he can run against harry. They need to beat him for nv gov. Fer sure

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join