It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mainstream Media Reacts to 9/11 Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Mainstream media is starting to react to 9/11 conspiracy theories. In my view, this is a follow-up effort to low-key disinfo campaigns that have spread obvious mistruths such as a cruise missile hitting the Pentagon. Public interest in 9/11 conspiracy is on the rise, and mainstream media is reacting to maintain status quo.

9/11 Conspiracy Ads Hit The Airwaves
cbsnewyork.com...

A Zogby poll of New Yorkers' feelings on the Sept. 11 investigation showed that nearly half of the city's residents believed some federal officials knew of the attacks in advance, but failed to act.

But Walter's questions on the investigation are bound to join other queries on national tragedies, like those on the John F. Kennedy assassination and the crash of Trans World Airlines Flight 800 as conspiracy theories.

Hmmm. Why 'but?' First, anything followed by a 'but' is a lie. 1 - This isn't a rule, but think about phrases that include the word. It implies falsehood. 2 - The rebutall is immediately backed up by an expert opinion explaining how 7 WTC spontaneously collapsed like a hatbox.

The real battleground for "9/11 conspiracy" is on the Internet, where Google picks up 926,000 hits for the phrase, generated entirely by public interest with little-to-no private backing. The media will generate more ideas that discredit theories other than the official word if interest grows. If interest diminishes, media stories will dissipate.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
They'll probably just wave us off as the tinfoil-hat crowd.

There were some people in NYC not too long ago standing near Ground Zero holding this huge banner that said THE BUSH REGIME ENGINEERED 9/11. Had some guy following them around, probably from Homeland Security, and the cops tried to mess with them.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
This is something that has bothered me for a while. With all the speculation going on in regard to 9/11 conspiracies, I found it strange that the media was largely ignoring it.

Now we have all seen the flash presentations about missiles hitting the Pentagon and this is whats going to derail the 9/11 truth movement.

I will agree that there are questions that need to be answered about how WTC 1,2 & 7 "fell down" but watch what will happen in the near future. The pentagon will release the tapes showing that a plane did in fact hit the pentagon and then label the whole 9/11 conspiracy as a total bunch of nonsense dreamed up by crackpots.

All credibility will be flushed down the gurgler and with all the media saying it, the average Joe will be totally convinced. The Sept. 11 conspiracy will then be relegated to become just another urban/internet legend.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I think a lot of disinformation is put out. They mix truth with lies. They figure if one aspect is debunked, then that in effect debunks the whole thing.

What's really bad is well-meaning webmasters repeat this stuff, treating it as gospel truth. Kinda like a Trojan Horse setup.

new topics

top topics

join