It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did they remove the ability to block members' posts from ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
There used to be a button to click to block members' posts who you didn't want to see, is it removed or just not available on the mobile ATS site?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ldyserenity

They removed it and rightly so.
Putting members on ignore is pointless, just not reading their posts achieves the same thing.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Not sure but I think there is still the ability to ignore.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

It was found to be a significant server drain.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
If it still existed I would have to use it sparingly otherwise I wouldn't have anyone left to talk to.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Ok, I understand about being a server drain, completely.
That makes sense.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I have to say, I think that it is good that we all get to post and have our views and information placed together on the forums, in amongst everyone else's.

When I come across a post that I do not agree with, I am forced to challenge my own understanding by seeing it there. Because I cannot help but absorb information, even from my peripheral vision, I am bound to absorb it unconsciously, therefore, more often than not, I elect to absorb it consciously, and respond to points that I see as being in error. Sometimes, I may not agree with a post, but reading it simply allows me to understand a different view point.

Anything so obscene that I cannot either agree with it, or understand it on any level, is likely as not in violation of T&C, since I am pretty broad minded in some respects. In summary, being exposed to alternative points of view, is one of the most vitally important features of this website. It helps you learn to counter an argument, and pull apart the meat of a topic.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I never even knew that such a feature ever existed, but they were right to remove it. Everyone's opinion is valid even if you don't agree with it, but trolls , haha , yea trolls should be blocked. But seriously moderators do a great job of eliminating posts that shouldn't be there.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Except when they get nasty. And still are nit violating T&C'S.
Some members have the ability to be nasty without being overtly against T&C'S.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Well, that's a difficult issue to deal with, but if you feel that members are being nasty, then discuss it with a moderator, every single time. Repeated, genuine nastiness, especially directed at individual members, is probably a violation, and if you make a record of it, by pointing out examples to moderators at every stage, you will make it easier for them to perform effectively, which will improve the quality of your experience, and the boards in general.

Also, if you ever need to vent about anything, then my inbox is always open to you.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

If they had an ignore button, I would just be talking to myself on here.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: Grimpachi

If they had an ignore button, I would just be talking to myself on here.

Why do you guys hate me so much? You are two of my favorite reads.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Mornin',

There is still an "ignore button" but the rest of you probably call it "Logging Off"...

-Peace-
edit on 10-6-2014 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I don't dislike you, I am trying to adjust people's perception a bit and open their minds. I do not like to see those I know limiting their abilities by what they have been conditioned to believe. I am in a constant state of learning myself, what I believed to be real five years ago I have found was not real...by researching thing to find the truth. I would not block you, your posts give me incentive to learn, as do many other people's posts. I try to see what others see all the time and if I see they are a little astray, what should I do...leave them go astray or inform them. My perception does not match others much of the time, I believe in finding out if what we have been led to believe is necessary and important is really necessary and important.

When we go out looking for a new car and search around and find a good price and buy it...did we get a good deal? Not if the car you already owned is in good shape and reliable and will serve you well for years. When we buy this new car because it gets five miles to a gallon better gas mileage we are said to be eco friendly. Now, wouldn't just combining trips and organizing better so you are not always running to the store be more eco-friendly than buying that new car. We are conditioned by consumerism. Our society is based on deceptions to stimulate economical growth. This is just an example, it is not targeted at you. We were all conditioned to believe in something that is not necessary to survive. I am getting better at identifying this deceit yet I have noticed even I have been conditioned by my parents who were conditioned. I am learning how to identify some of this by research but to completely identify all of it would go so strongly against the society I live in that I would be classified as a nut. Geeze, I am not a nut, I am a mouse.

new topics

top topics

join