It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to free Gitmo terrorist ‘because he took up yoga’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
a reply to: beezzer

So there was no crime, just a threat? What about all the threats out on the road, how many motorist are going to die this year? Do we go lock all of them up just because? Preemptive punishment is such a bad idea I am at a loss that it even needs explaining.

This is nonsense. Let me help you, If your neighbor is shooting into your other neighbors house, and shouts you are next, are you going to wait until the bullets fly or are you calling the police. Will you wait until the bullets pass through the walls of your home because you don't want preemptive punishment?

Are you trying to say we built and staffed this facility because we had nothing better to do than run around the world to pick up muslims? Torture them for no reason, play a little soccer, enjoy some yoga, and release them back out into the public so they can enjoy a milk and honey farm? Because if thats the case then Obama should have been fired in the first week for not making the release happen then.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
So is he really "reformed"? Does he really want to be a peaceful family man? Perhaps he is just manipulating the system for personal gain. Seriously, don't all criminals find god, or become spiritual when thrown in a pit to rot?

You'll excuse me if I think this guy is full of ****. Still, respect for pulling it off.
edit on 9-6-2014 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: nrd101
Obama is only making good on his promise to shut down an eyesore.

Letting mass murdering terrorists go isn't an 'ONLY' .... it's aiding the enemy in wartime. And as someone already posted, they just go back out and commit more murders again ...

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Obama’s terrorist parole board was established in 2011. He appoints its members — officials from the Justice Department, Pentagon, State Department and Homeland Security — without a congressional confirmation process. It is secretive and lacking in accountability.

That would explain the cleansing of upper-level military that has been going on.
obama does what HE wants, and 'We The People' aren't part of the equation.

I guess some people are going to support and defend obama until the bitter end- which may be just around the corner.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Well the way I am reading the body count, the neighbor that is doing most of the shooting is America. I have tried to understand the how's and why's the facility got built, a lot of history and tragedy behind it. For now I am looking for a fair and reasonable way out of it.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Eryiedes

Obama didn't release them because he took up yoga. The article states one of the terrorists did, and another plans to start a milk and honey farm.

Either way, ridiculous!

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Why is anyone shocked? Really if you listened to what the man campaigned on, that was something he stated he was going to do, was close down the prison at Gitmo.

When you also look at how the man operates, it should be no shock.

He is going to try to get his way, with or without the other branches of government agreeing. And if it means he side steps and uses his authority to do such, then he will. The problem is that no one in Congress is wanting to bring this President to heel, non are willing to stand up and challenge him, even bring him before the people in a trial, (aka an Impeachment.)

So I must wonder, what exactly does the President have on the members of congress, that he would be so emboldened to do what he wants. Kind of makes one wonder.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Way to go Barackhmed!

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Nypost is about as legit as the weekly world news. Are you sure it didn't say Batboy frees terrorists?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

That's not true. While the post prints in Tabloid form they are not at all comparable to actual tabloid papers. The post is one of NY's oldest running newspapers.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

The New York Post also has a history of warping stories and ..while not quite fabricating...I'll never EVER use them as a source again for something as simple as sky conditions after a story experience I had from their material on a 9/11 thread I made here some time back.

I don't like eating crow...and I like it even less when it's to folks I'm generally adversarial in debates with. In this case? I didn't need a plate..I needed a whole buffet and thinking the post had integrity to their fact checking or story accuracy was what it all came down to. A silly and publicly memorable example.

We each evaluate stuff differently, to be sure..and they're a valid source as things go, of course..but personally? I prefer the National Enquirer. Not to suggest NY Post is anywhere near THAT bad for facts....but the Enquirer is at least up front about what they are and are not. I don't have to fact check JUST to see if a reporter even bothered to. I know they don't.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

What news outlet isn't guilty of that?

My point is, they are not comparable to actual tabloid news. For example, Weekly World News front page story (I poop you not), BAT BOY: GOING MUTANT.

That bastard Bat Boy is back! When I think tabloid, I think of Bat Boy.

NY Post front page story, Driver in Tracy Morgan crash hadn’t slept in 24 hours.

My thoughts are with Tracy. May he fully recover.
edit on 9-6-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

It's equally important to note I said they definitely ARE a valid source to my thinking ...which would be contradictory to suggest, only if misrepresenting the news and outright lying to maintain reader loyalty wasn't becoming so common place, by their competitors too.

Still.. there are levels of sourcing.. New York Post and New York Times, for example, exist in the same industry and in the same city and they both date back to about the time Jefferson was contemplating life...but have almost nothing else remotely in common for news reporting, IMO.

One pumps out the news like an assembly line and 'close enough is good enough' (like so many, as you note)..while the other really has major stress issues over integrity of reports. (yeah..funny to some..I know.. I form my opinion on research and so it is).

A valid source...but on an 'Obama finds Yoga and frees prisoners'? I think I'd want corroboration in triplicate..perhaps with video statement to go with. Would an affidavit be too much? lol...

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I know many people who the same way about the Times as you do about the Post.

With all outlets, we must pick and choose carefully, and fact checking is definitely a must.

Although I hold Benn Swann is high regard, he may be the exception.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Eryiedes

Not only no, but hell no!

Obama has passed beyond being a joke, and has now stepped into pathetic territory!

Right on!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Well the way I am reading the body count, the neighbor that is doing most of the shooting is America. I have tried to understand the how's and why's the facility got built, a lot of history and tragedy behind it. For now I am looking for a fair and reasonable way out of it.

I think the best way out, is to load them all in a plane and and half way there have the pilot jump out with the only parachute, after taking their hoods of to let them yell Allahu Akbar all the way down to impact.
edit on 15-6-2014 by MarlinGrace because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join