It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Soldiers Break Silence with Tales of West Bank Occupation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

With those pigs anything is possible

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I suppose Israeli soldiers speaking out about their guilt is a start for the healing process. They've abused their advantage with the support of the U.S. so we're a part of this mess as well. Maybe we should start a print campaign and video series concerning our guilt for our part in this.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: neversaynever

So you've served, right

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

They can also swap stories of how Palestinian snipers force groups of children to surround them so when the Israelis try to stop them they'll kill kids. Also of the times the Palestinians launch rockets from hospitals and schools knowing they'll then be fired on killing innocents so they can blame the Israelis for it.

Hamas are way more concerned with killing Jews than saving their own people. You might wonder just why the Arab countries around them barricaded the Palestinians in, basically reinforcing the Israeli blockade.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Certain actions that we would view with disdain are likely tolerated because of what Israelis are brought up to believe. I think what annoys me the most is that after all this time a compromise has yet to be made. I suppose it is difficult when there are more than two factions, or there are groups not affiliated with the government of either nation who wish to take matters into their owns hands. I will not say that either country is actually right or justified in their actions. Atrocities have been committed by both sides. It is easy to bash Israel because her actions have been less than savory in many instances, but one must also consider that there are many on the other side who cannot tolerate the idea of a Jewish state to begin with.

Personally I cannot tolerate the idea of a Jewish or a Muslim state, because I believe strongly that no nation should be governed with such importance placed on religion. For instance take the US. One cannot claim that religion is completely absent from politics by any means, but it is not a driving factor in decision making. This is acceptable to me. Even though I would term myself a Christian, I do not believe Christianity has any business being the sole authority over a government. That did not work so well in the past, although times have changed in many ways. So I think the balance the US has achieved is acceptable.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antigod
a reply to: Expat888

They can also swap stories of how Palestinian snipers force groups of children to surround them so when the Israelis try to stop them they'll kill kids. Also of the times the Palestinians launch rockets from hospitals and schools knowing they'll then be fired on killing innocents so they can blame the Israelis for it.

Hamas are way more concerned with killing Jews than saving their own people. You might wonder just why the Arab countries around them barricaded the Palestinians in, basically reinforcing the Israeli blockade.

People like you are the reason peace is difficult. You're spouting demagogy. You don't seem to be in touch with reality.
The creation of the zionist regime has brought one of the worst genocide in modern history.

Hamas was elected by the people, and Fatah seems to be in good terms with them.

The IDF is mainly concerned with killing non jews. The whole arab world is in support of Palestinians,
the puppet arab governments around Palestine is a different story. And i will even say that anybody with a heart supports the Palestinian cause. Israel's hands are bloody with so many war crimes, they will be judged one day and the entire world knows they're already guilty.

Long live Palestine.

edit on 7-6-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

You know just because someone or some law says you have to do something, you don't have to do it. There is a choice. No one can force anybody to do something if that person just won't do it.
There is a group of Israeli that won't join the IDF. I think there was even a generals daughter that was part of this group. You mayend up in pprison for a while, maybe. But your not running around killing people.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ZeussusZ

The Israeli that refuse to join the IDF are called refuseniks.

Refuseniks wiki

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

So you've never served either?

We can make all the assumptions we want but at the end of the day we all know what it really means to assume.

edit on 7-6-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
No , never have served. Something about training to kill people doesn't sit well with me.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Serving doesn't mean you're gonna kill someone. That's the problem with assuming, you don't know what you're talking about.

Quick example, there are 2 types of Marines, the Marine whose job is combat and then there's the rest of them, eg cooks, mechanics, admin paper work, military intel, etc.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

So don't be a killer...
Just cook for the killers and do their paper work!!!

Bull...
Conscription should be illegal...
Enlistment should always be a choice!!!

Peace Swills!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

So you're opinion of every military member is that they're just cold blooded killers? Perhaps in the same league as cartel members, mafia types, gang bangers, serial killers, etc?

Are you all of the same opinion that having a military is bad and it shouldn't exist?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I can forgive someone who confesses their guilt and shows remorse by not doing guilty things anymore.

It shows DNA hasn't completely mutated into a cancer.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
It is easy to bash Israel because her actions have been less than savory in many instances, but one must also consider that there are many on the other side who cannot tolerate the idea of a Jewish state to begin with

Why should Palestinians tolerate a Jewish state? What legal right do the perps waving the star of david have over the land they have annexed since the 40's when we all signed treaties agreeing that annexing was not allowed.

Israelis are suffering from dementia, they have voices in their head that tells them GOD (a fairytale) told them the land was promised to them. They are allowed to break international treaties because some make belief GOD told them it's ok. How much more effed up can you be? We need more awareness for mental health. The Israelis are suffering and need help.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

My point is that if someone doesn't really feel like being a killer, cold blooded or not, then why should they have to cook for them or do their paper work!!!

As for your overall query, if someone has the heart or lack of one to enlist, good luck to them!!!
I know we need military!!!
I support the troops!!!
It should still be a choice!!!

Peace Swills!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join