It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Husband, wife die after crashing their cars into each other

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

The wreck occurred near the Marhard Pullet Farm where the couple were employed. The site is about 3.5 miles west of the Odell Community and about 18 miles northwest of Vernon.

Emergency crews used special equipment to extricate the victims from the wreckage. Both Cruz and Munoz were pronounced dead at the scene by Wilbarger County Justice of the Peace Gene Morton. They were both alone in their vehicles.

Trooper Ha said he didn’t believe either was wearing a seat belt when the crash occurred. He said the cause is still under investigation. He said speed may have been a factor and witnesses reported seeing no skid marks on the pavement.

Channel 7

Wow, it looks bad. What a bizarre accident.
edit on 6-6-2014 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917

RIP to the family. I really hope they didn't have kids, it's bad enough if they are killed by another driver but this is just horrible. May their souls rest in peace.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Very weird.. odds are ?? I wonder if they knew..
Somehow i thought about "Mr and Mrs Smith" also "The War of the Roses"

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I just noticed in the story it states Both Cruz and Munoz were pronounced dead at the scene by Wilbarger County Justice of the Peace Gene Morton

Surely they mean County Coroner, NOT Justice of the Peace, don't they?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Eek! It makes me wonder if it wasn't some sort of murder/suicide thing. No skid marks? The cars look like they had to have been going a pretty high rate of speed.

Thoughts and prayers for the families. As another poster said... I really hope they didn't have any children.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Seems like a possible suicide pact kind of thing? (due to no belts). Unless they were both looking down at their phones? (because no skid marks)
edit on 6-6-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)
edit, kanga beat me to my thoughts, but I hadn't considered murder...
edit on 6-6-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Eek! It makes me wonder if it wasn't some sort of murder/suicide thing. No skid marks? The cars look like they had to have been going a pretty high rate of speed.

Thoughts and prayers for the families. As another poster said... I really hope they didn't have any children.

Yeah, from the looks of the photo anyway, looks like they were on flat ground and not a hill. Sure makes you wonder...

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
That is weird. Side note it looks like impact was drivers side to oncoming drivers side. You noticed the over turned vehicles bumper? So main impact was to the driver in both vehicles. Don't even know what to say maybe murder suicide. Suicide pact would just be odd in this manner. One of the couple could have tampered with the others seat belt. However I have noticed a lot of people in rural areas do not wear them. Once you have lived in a big city you will.

edit on 6-6-2014 by Pimpintology because: of fluoride!

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

You found the phrase I was looking for. My first guess was suicide pact, but couldn't recall the term off hand. I used the term "murder/suicide sort of thing" instead. But I would go first with suicide pact. I'm glad you said it as it was driving me bonkers. Sad either way it went, but I would have a really hard time believing that this was a simple accident.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

TInker, in a lot of rural areas there is no county coroner and the J.P. has the honors.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockflier

TInker, in a lot of rural areas there is no county coroner and the J.P. has the honors.

Thanks for telling me that. I thought all counties appointed/elected a doctor to be the coroner.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Good eye as I didn't notice that. It does make it more suspicious. As I said earlier though... Somebody would have a helluva time convincing me that this was a simple accident. Surely those investigating thought the same. I am curious if they will investigate further or if they will just rule it accidental and move along?

edit on 6/6/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinker9917

originally posted by: rockflier

Thanks for telling me that. I thought all counties appointed/elected a doctor to be the coroner.

Where I reside, the coroner is an elected official.
I'm pretty sure I have a lot more medical knowledge than most of the John Q Citizen coroners around here....

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Tinker, here is the county website listing the JP as the Coroner also. SMALL county and rural.

Wilbarger County

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Another news site says this newlywed couple had three young children...

DANG this is so sad.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

This is exactly what I thought. No skid marks either. So a tire didn't blow.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

How horrible, we can rule out suicide pact and murder I think considering they have 3 children. Sounds like the wife may have been distracted and crossed the median line.

My guess she was using a phone or changing the radio at the time. So sad.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

That is beyond tragic.

This news now leaves me wondering if they were playing with each other and it just went all wrong. I know how stupid that sounds, but where I live we have many roads like that and I have (many times) had someone I know swerve close to my car while laughing as their way to say hi or just have a laugh. Maybe that is what happened here and they just misjudged? I guess I would rather believe that than anything else.

They were so young and now their children will always have to wonder what happened as well.

new topics

top topics

join