It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night Time Rainbow..with pic....wicked electrical storm in Georgia last night.....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Aw man. I was out of town on the 5th but flew through the batch of storms on the 6th; very unsettling.

I wonder if this effect is caused by the altitude of the clouds and precipitation still being illuminated by sunlight even though at sea level the sun has set. Probably extremely rare but still possible.

The same effect when a plane takes off around sunset, when on the ground it is dark, but as they climb it gets light again until the sunsets for them at their horizon at altitude.
edit on 10-6-2014 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: majesticgent
Aw man. I was out of town on the 5th but flew through the batch of storms on the 6th; very unsettling.

I wonder if this effect is caused by the altitude of the clouds and precipitation still being illuminated by sunlight even though at sea level the sun has set. Probably extremely rare but still possible.

The same effect when a plane takes off around sunset, when on the ground it is dark, but as they climb it gets light again until the sunsets for them at their horizon at altitude.

Oooo..that is too bad. Still keep looking back at the pics myself....such a great storm.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
idk if it has anything to do with anything BUUUUTTTTT i just thought it worth note... ole mayor kasim(mayor of atlanta) was at the bildiberg meeting right before this electrical storm and epic rainbow.... still curious why he was there..
edit on 10-6-2014 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609
idk if it has anything to do with anything BUUUUTTTTT i just thought it worth note... ole mayor kasim(mayor of atlanta) was at the bildiberg meeting right before this electrical storm and epic rainbow.... still curious why he was there..

What meeting was that? Will have to ask my old high school friend about him....she's the one he recently knocked up....

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

look up the bildiberg meeting and all the millions of pages of ZOMG that come with it and you will see why i find it strange the mayor of atlanta was invited to attend.

quik overview its a meeting of the most powerful people in the world talking about what the agenda for this year will be. its like the weekly meeting at most peoples works discussing the weeks goals and how to accomplish it but in this case the "Office" is planet earth and the goals are how to control and guide it into the future of their deciding.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Amazing night rainbow! And here is a good morning one from June 3rd I took just after a quick hail storm outside my bedroom. June is rainbow filled ha? Not surprising with the crazy weather.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Did a search of night rainbows came up with this.

www.atlantamagazine.com...

Sorry if link doesn't work on a smart phone

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join