It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspected Chemical Attack in Irbin, Syria!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Okay folks, this is classed as suspected and I'm getting it from RSOE. I'm not seeing it reported elsewhere and RSOE is no more perfect than anyone else. However, here is some of the description of the event.

A suspected chemical attack against the Damascus suburb of Irbin left two civilians dead and seven injured on Thursday, a local hospital reported. According to a statement issued by the Surgical Hospital of Irbin, seven kilometers (4.3 miles) northeast of the capital, nine patients arrived at the hospital at noon suffering from symptoms of an "unknown gas poisoning." Two of the patients were unconscious at the time of their arrival, and exhibiting severe symptoms including a bloating of the face and redness in the eyes. The patients were hysterical upon regaining consciousness, suffering lack of sensation in the limbs, the statement said. Five other patients suffered from headaches and shortness of breath, with no signs of pulmonary disease. The two fatalities displayed redness in the conjunctiva (the inner part of the eyelid), the report continued.
RSOE Event Report

I'm not sure what kind of weapon it would have been on this, if that is what happened here. Again, this is noted as unconfirmed in two different ways within the RSOE details. If this wasn't RSOE, I wouldn't share it at all, but they aren't known for picking up junk.

RSOE Title: CBRNE in Syria on Friday, 06 June, 2014 at 03:21 (03:21 AM) UTC.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Terrible. Amazing what some people are capable of.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

" Under an agreement reached between the Assad regime and the United Nations last September, Syria is supposed to eliminate its chemical stockpiles by the end of June. But UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon announced on May 29 that Syria would not meet its deadline, with an estimated 7.5 percent of the substances still in the country.

A member of the Syrian opposition told The Times of Israel last week that the regime has been transporting chemical weapons to a remote mountainous area north of Hama, in central Syria. According to our information, this is not the first time that chemical weapons are moved from place to place," the opposition member said. "We believe the regime has hidden a large amount of VX (nerve agent) which is extremely toxic."

------------------

Sounds like a case of d'eja vu .....Iraq anybody????
Moving the chemicals from place to place, if the reports can be confirmed, and defying the UN sounds awfully familiar
And then too, who exactly is responsible for such atrocities?

edit on 6-6-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

The US will have it's war on Syria. No matter what.

No matter how far from evidence-based the accusations may be (Kerry still owes us his "clear evidence" from last time btw...), the political pressure will rise in the coming weeks.
Especially now, since Assad won his elections (although half of the country didn't vote... which is a problem in Syria, but not in Ukraine of course - or dare I say the EU lol) and the proxy war is not going as planned.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

As you already know Im still 100% convinced most f not all the chemical attacks are of rebel rather than government origin.

They weapons used just seem too dirty. I would expect Assad's stockpile to be far more potent and deadly.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Terrible. Amazing what some people are capable of.

At the end of the day, be it they are gassed, shot , drone striked or are bombed dead id dead.

War sucks.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

As you already know Im still 100% convinced most f not all the chemical attacks are of rebel rather than government origin.

They weapons used just seem too dirty. I would expect Assad's stockpile to be far more potent and deadly.

Im not sure about the number of allegations for chemical use in 2014.

In 2013 they (UN) had 14 reports of chemical weapons use. The UN set up a group to investigate. The bulk of those investigations resulted in the UN finger pointing towards the rebels.

With that said I have not seen the UN reports so im not sure what evidence they gathered to lead them in that direction. The Syrian government has been tagged as well for chemical weapon use.

If I come across the report Ill post it.

The other issue with the UN investigations is they are investigative only. Their role prohibits them from assigning guilt to either party. They just confirm it occurred and collect info (interviewing people / medical information from the hospitals / equipment used etc.

I think the UN security council will be the "judge" for blame / accountability.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
A little suspicious right after the election. Bring back the chemical use allegations.

But then it could be that a vote of confidence for the current leadership is acceptance of chemical attacks and other war type activities conducted by it.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I don't trust that this is not the terrorists rather than Assad government forces.

They - Saudia and other arab nations - are stepping it up with the UN this week (began on Saturday) to get the UN to force Assad to step down.

Elections were held this week, and Assad won.

Saudia is pissed, and wants to get the UN to force Assad to step down, and they spoke of having a plan to get Russia to withdraw support for Assad and for the UN to force Assad to step down.

This seems like this is possibly their plan.... use chemical weapons, blame Assad, get Russia to withdraw support, and Bob's your uncle!
edit on 6-6-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The key issue for me is what does Assad have to gain from Chemical attacks? Nothing
What has he got to lose? Everything!

So far all the attacks have been limited in scope, not decisive battle winners.

So why bother using them? To much grief not enough gain.

As for the Rebels? They have nothing to lose. They will use what ever they can and better yet if they can blame Chemical attacks on Assad they may get the warmongers in the USA , UK and France to drag our country's into the war.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
The key issue for me is what does Assad have to gain from Chemical attacks? Nothing
What has he got to lose? Everything!

Not so

We have HAD chemical attacks in Syria already, Nobody apparently really gives a damn, so either side *makes no difference* can and may have already used them.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

They are a bit pissed about Assad getting 87% of the vote the other day I would say.... they are acting out that anger now. I spelled it out in my last post.

Saudia said they had a plan to get Russia to withdraw support for Assad and saying they were going to ramp up efforts to get the UN to force Assad to step down.

I'd say this is what they were talking about when they said they had a plan.
edit on 6-6-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Hay and besides....June isn't over yet!

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Actually he can gain from it.

Assad and the use of chemical weapons sends a message not only to the rebels but pro Assad people. It says he is willing to use whatever means necessary to keep control. It serves as a warning to his supporters that should they break ranks they can end up dead.

Control via intimidation.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Rubbish,he has nothing to gain from it

He has support from his country and his army are beating the foreign terrorists waging war upon him

IF Assad uses chemical weapons he knows NATO will use their airforce and do a Libya on him strafing
A path for all those fanatics to turn up on his door step

The only people who will use chemical weapons are the throat cutting and Christian killing Islamic nutters who would not think twice about doing so

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Actually he can gain from it.

Assad and the use of chemical weapons sends a message not only to the rebels but pro Assad people. It says he is willing to use whatever means necessary to keep control. It serves as a warning to his supporters that should they break ranks they can end up dead.

Control via intimidation.

That's Stupid.

Better ways to send a message. If he going to use chemical weapons he would have used them decisively, not in sporadic half arsed attacks using impure weapons.

The gain does not outweigh the negatives.

Honestly It not hard to believe the rebels would be using them.
edit on 6-6-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
2 people dead and a few other sick? Doesn't sound like an Assad attack, sounds more like a backyard bomb or something.. Rebels all the way if the information is in deed correct.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
2 people dead and a few other sick? Doesn't sound like an Assad attack, sounds more like a backyard bomb or something.. Rebels all the way if the information is in deed correct.

I read this about the same way. A chemical power wouldn't use what amounts to an industrial accident level of attack when he could depopulate neighborhoods or entire cities with a couple rockets. This is sloppy and smells unintentional...like "OOOOPS....you dropped it, didn't yo...(cough) (cough)"

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

Exactly if Assad used them you would see casualty's in the high thousands or tens or thousands. Thy don't call nerve gas the poor mans nuclear weapon for nothing. Well made Sarin, tabun or worse VX can decimate a area.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
If I was Assad I would use impure chemical weapons just so it looks like the rebels are doing it plus not as many people would die. It would keep the u.n off their backs.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join