It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge "beast" asteroid coming soon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
On my iPhone so I can't post links right now but I want to get this info out ASAP. Will update later. Anyway, there's a giant asteroid coming out way that's so big Astronomers are calling it a beast. This asteroid is thought to be as much as a mile wide and it's closest approach will be around June 11-12. Sorry to be so sketchy but I'm in a rush right now.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Here ya go:

The Beast link

Now they think its only about 1000 feet wide and will pass 3 times the distance as our moon, so no worries
edit on 6/5/2014 by Mythos13 because: Add info

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Here ya' go ...

National Geographic - Watch as Beast Asteroid Sails Past Earth This Week

A giant asteroid will silently glide by Earth this week, a stark reminder of cosmic dangers lurking nearby .

Measuring about 1,067 feet (325 meters) wide, the space intruder nicknamed “the Beast,” more formally known as HQ124, has an estimated width equal to an aircraft carrier (earlier estimates had been even larger). It will be three lunar distances away from Earth at its closest approach on Thursday, so thankfully there is no risk to our planet.

However, it’s a big one and we didn’t notice its approach until April 23. While it’s nothing new, thanks to dedicated telescope surveys, to hear about asteroids whizzing past Earth or the moon, it is unusual to see such a large one go unnoticed for so long.

Kinda snuck up on them ....

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
On my iPhone so I can't post links right now but I want to get this info out ASAP. Will update later. Anyway, there's a giant asteroid coming out way that's so big Astronomers are calling it a beast. This asteroid is thought to be as much as a mile wide and it's closest approach will be around June 11-12. Sorry to be so sketchy but I'm in a rush right now.

Get it out ASAP

If it's not going to hit what's the hurry?

Thanks for the info but I'd rather a detailed read with links and rather than a rush post for stars

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Here are the droids...er Beast Asteroid you are looking for

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
1,067 feet is a bit short of a mile. Typical reporting...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Reading the article looks like we wont be able to see it with the naked eye right?
Or did i miss something

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Whoa....even if they did find it a while back and it was headed for impact, not a whole lot we could do....just watch and hope it doesn't hit land anywhere close to home. Wouldn't do much if it touched down in the ocean, but a land impact would be something to see...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I wanna see it.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Reading the article looks like we wont be able to see it with the naked eye right?

It's not listed as a naked eye object.
And Space Weather Doesn't have anything up ...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

CNN has dumped the story. Not before 23,000 people shared it.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Only 1000 feet wide depending on its composition, short of it being all Iron or its like, we have the capability to destroy this Beast with Nukes should the need arise, provided of course its velocity's not to great, but that's not an issue since its going to miss.

edit on 5-6-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Already posted www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Every year, or every few months now it seems we get these posts about our impending demise from a massive asteroid ..

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Thanks guys. I'm finally back and able to properly "fill" this thread. The name is asteroid 2014 HQ124 and it will come within 3 Lunar distances on Sunday June 8.

The asteroid 2014 HQ124, which is the size of a football stadium, poses no chance of hitting Earth in its flyby on Sunday (June 8), and will pass by at a range of three times the distance between the Earth-moon on Sunday (June 8). It was discovered on April 23 by NASA's Wide-Field Infrared Survey Explorer, a sky-mapping space telescope.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Didnt you read the responses to you? Give it up. Read them for God Sake

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Didnt you read the responses to you? Give it up. Read them for God Sake

I read them. I still hold myself accountable to get the information out properly.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Ok...but you jumped right back into posting without recognizing we told you, showed you it was a hoax. See?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Where's Cheesey? Shouldn't he be in on this thread?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

"I read them. I still hold myself accountable to get the information out properly."

Why hold yourself accountable for an asteroid that is going to miss? Where's the information or news there considering this happens all the time?

Don't worry mate, on this occasion the sky is not about to fall.

edit on 6-6-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join