It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me understand why people need assault rifles to protect themselves

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Imaginary? Home invasions happen every day.

Usually they have bad intentions. My weapons, while not an assault rifle, does have multiple rounds available.

People plan for events they pray never happen. Fire. Earthquake. Storm. Burglars. To not have a plan in place is just plain stupid.

My family, for years, had plans in place to meet if something happened. Now that we're scattered all over the place, it's a bit more problematic. But my sister and I still have plans in place...paranoia, or prudence?

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
Gun owners live in a world of fear and think the boogyman is out to get them at every turn...

Don't believe me, read the replies in this thread. They have imaginary scenarios of people rushing their houses and doing all sorts of nasty things to their family if they don't own a gun.

Fact of the matter is..your more likely to know your assailant than not. If it ever happens..it will be more than likely someone you know..family, friend..etc.

People like you want victims to suffer. You think that because YOU don't feel like you need a gun that no one does.

Here's examples of your myths:

That woman was beaten senseless by a man MUCH larger and much more committed to violence than she was. All while her 3 year old watched.

Here a guy bloodied a pregnant womans face. As the story goes, he ordered her to open the register. She didn't do it and got her face punched in.

Those are just two examples. With very minimal effort.

I know you won't watch the videos. I know you don't care. You just want to hold on to this fantasy that no one needs a gun to protect themselves. That anyone who does own a gun is living in a fantasy world where crime like what is shown above doesn't exist.

My wife was chased down the street by 2 thugs one night, thank god she got to the door yelling for me and I came out with my gun. She now carries and trains with her own gun. I've had to use my weapon defensively before. Had a knife pulled on me in a robbery attempt. I pulled my gun and the guy became extremely compliant, held him there until cops arrived.

I refuse to be a victim to anyone. My wife refuses to be a victim, helpless, like the women in the videos.

You want to create a stable and safe work environment for these criminals.

edit on pFri, 20 Jun 2014 03:19:20 -0500201420America/Chicago2014-06-20T03:19:20-05:0030vx6 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You want to create a stable and safe work environment for these criminals.

That is exactly what they will do. It matters not though. You could post and type and link and source till kingdom come, they will ignore the truth and instead....obscure the facts and talk in circles and attack those who understand this absolutely "common" sense stuff.

I am convinced that some truly are THAT oblivious to the real world. However, I believe them to be fewer than the "online world" makes it out to be.

I am convinced that many here at ATS (and abound online) and either trolling, are VERY young and spewing rhetoric fed to them that they "think" to be their "own opinions", or they work for someone and they are being paid to spread the rhetoric.

Seems to me that many that replied in this thread are also on a variety of other threads spewing the same garbage, and at the same time they are creating new threads to fill with their nonsense as well.........always the same crowd. THAT speaks VOLUMES to those of us who pay attention!

In other words, all this is useless. You cannot educate the irrational and one cannot reason with those blinded by emotional bias or rhetoric they have been fed and determined it to be, like I said, "their own thoughts/opinions" on the subject.

There is NO rebuttal that can disprove what has been proven, over and over again, here and abound AND in the "real world".
NONE! Everything else is bs......or utopia styled, fantasy land thinking and "pretending".....it's the whole "see no evil, hear no evil, IS no evil" bit.......obviously, for those of us who have experienced violence first hand and seen the aftermath of others becoming victims of violent crime, the "see no evil" bit is just a bunch of bs.........oblivion can truly be bliss, I suppose. I wish I didn't know what I know about this world, it leaves me cynical and jaded, but I do know and because of that I cannot be dishonest with self or with sense.

My lazy responses here are a product of me realizing there is no use discussing it with those who ignore the FACTS and hide their eyes to the TRUTH........

I have been engaging some people via fb on a thread devoted to gun control discussion....I posted the same video there that I did here. Some within that "community" claimed the video was "disgusting" and "horrible".....well, no s**t sherlock! Did you think violence and death and victimization was pretty and all quick and without repugnance?
Some....refused to watch it. They HIDE their eyes to truth and claim knowledge of the world. They LIVE inside tiny little boxes of protection and comfort. It is sad....Like I told them, if I was the praying type I would pray that they NEVER have to experience some of the violence others have...that they NEVER have to be proven wrong about these issues....but I know if/when they are, they will certainly sing a different tone. Anything else is online bravado..."I don't need a gun, I am badass"....pssst, give me a BREAK, will ya?

I'm rambling....but it is because I am lazy, even in this response....no need to be elaborate or elegant when no one but the choir is listening anyways.
It is akin to mental masturbation after a while.....stroking each other.
I grow tired of it....and grow tired of the dead set "reasoning" of some, who refuse to open their minds' to possibilities and scenarios outside of their "comfort zone"....a place that truly exists, just not for them. The rest of us.....we have seen that ugly g*ddammed truth.....

Like so many others here and abound....."Me and mine", we will NOT be victims (if we can help it in ANY way, shape or form).......I WILL kill to protect my own and that which I love. I have NO problem with that. I sleep well knowing that I could and CAN do such things.....does that make me sociopathic or psychotic? If one claims so, let it be. I know the truth and the truth is, I've been handling and owning guns since I was a CHILD (pre-teen I OWNED my own shotguns, a deer rifle, and a pistol)

My younger brother and I...at ages 11 and 9, would take .22s into the woods, ALONE and target practice and the like. NEVER did we aim or shoot at each other...NEVER were we hurt. Why? TRAINING....from a VERY young age.

Education is key.....
I'm tired of writing now......lazy response transmission ended....

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

You clearly have no clue.

There are daily, accounts of people defending themselves with firearms, both rifles and pistols.

Being ignorant is one thing. Being willfully ignorant and omitting truth is another.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
If there is a lesson her it is to never try to explain yourself to a fool, for you are not the jackass whisperer.

Also, we should never try to teach a pig to dance, you will only frustrate yourself and aggravate the pig!

The left will want their free Obama phones and dope, and I don't have a problem with that, but a free phone and dope was not listed in the "Bill of Rights", the right to keep and bare arms was...

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I don't quite understand the term "assault rifle".. as anything which can project force at a distance which could injure or kill at a distance amounts to an "assault weapon".

A slingshot could be considered an "assault weapon"...It isn't about what something is so much as how something is used.

I assaulted a beer can today with a 9mm carbine, overkill?, yes.

Tools, only tools, the least used tool is usually the one between one's ears.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

I assaulted a couple beer cans yesterday, and I intend on assaulting some more today. Overkill? I think not. Weapon of choice? Assault mouth.

lol Us here in golf land like to call it swing lube.
edit on 21-6-2014 by TuEsIncredibiliterStultus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

You're asking a bunch of vigilante soldiers this?
You are not going to get too many good answers.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
I don't quite understand the term "assault rifle".. as anything which can project force at a distance which could injure or kill at a distance amounts to an "assault weapon".

A slingshot could be considered an "assault weapon"...It isn't about what something is so much as how something is used.

Tools, only tools, the least used tool is usually the one between one's ears.

This is a joke right? Ha, ha! I get it. Very funny sense of humor. I know you actually do know why they call them assault weapons. No one goes to a funeral when you assault a beer.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Imaginary? Home invasions happen every day.

Usually they have bad intentions. My weapons, while not an assault rifle, does have multiple rounds available.

People plan for events they pray never happen. Fire. Earthquake. Storm. Burglars. To not have a plan in place is just plain stupid.

My family, for years, had plans in place to meet if something happened. Now that we're scattered all over the place, it's a bit more problematic. But my sister and I still have plans in place...paranoia, or prudence?

And don't forget the FEMA camps and the governments plan to imprison us all. What about the impending race war? Everyone needs to be armed to the teeth, for those too. And I think it is possible Godzilla will be attacking. One can't really be too safe.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Love a duck, you are causing thread drift by not responding to the op thesis.

The thesis is explain why one "needs" a weapon that will fire rapid multiple rounds vs a pistol.

First of all It is a right that is preexisting before the
constitution that I or anyone else has an inalienable right to protect one self.

That being understood, then I or anyone else has the freedom to choose which method they prefer.

Some prefer pistol. some rifle, some shot gun.

Some prefer pickup some mini van, some motorcycle.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It's called freedom!

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Multiple rounds capacity allows one to miss, say 29 times if they have a 30 round mag.

If anyone can possess high capacity magazines, everyone should be allowed to because those who don't care what the law states regarding magazine capacity limits is surely going to have the biggest mag they can get.

This "gun control" argument is so old, ask any dictator how many weapons his subjects or whatever should have and he will surely say he wants them to have none so they cannot defy what he dictates with anything but rocks and sticks.

Of course the punishment for hitting with sticks and throwing rocks will involve firearms somehow........

If you don't like guns, don't buy or keep guns, it's your choice to leave what may amount to a critical tool out of your tool set, but don't force me to leave that tool out of my set.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Loveaduck

This is a joke right? Ha, ha! I get it. Very funny sense of humor. I know you actually do know why they call them assault weapons. No one goes to a funeral when you assault a beer.
Oh really? people go to funerals when the beer can assaulter uses another tool. An automobile. maybe we should start calling them assault vehicles to make it more scary.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The key words in "gun control" is CONTROL!

The left headed folks love to control!

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: soulsurvivor444
An m203..wait do I have to choose a civilian weapon? Then booby traps.I can kill them all with those.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

That's exactly why. Maybe you have a break in or have to defend your home against someone with a pistol, which is what would most likely be the case. He doesn't know if it's full auto, but at least semi. And he maybe drops his gun, or runs and NO shots are fired. They look scary for a reason.

Peace through superior firepower.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I am a former Army Scout I WAS the BOOGIEMAN! Just ask ...oh wait they're dead.
I don't sit here dreaming up ways to use my guns I ALREADY HAVE BEEN trained and raised with them. I don't NEED to give it a second thought. I have Martial Arts and knife fighting skills too. I'm also freakishly fast.
I will just keep my things and you can bleat away. Unfortunately the progressives are ,ignorant,young or have some form of mental programing making them bend to the female gender.
I don't think I'm a coward ,crazy or dangerous to any innocent being.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Well the reason people buy assault rifles is they like shooting guns. If someone says its for home defense well thats a lie lets be honest in the middle of the night im grabbing my glock not the AK. I was in the spc forces and your typical assault rifle is not the best for covering a room. Thats why during building entries weapons of choice become MP5 or MP7.You need something you can aim quickly an accurately in close quarters. See assault rifles arent good for home defense bottom line i can kill you quicker with a pistol at close range easier to aim. Just like some people like to have the best boat or the latest car theres people that collect firearms and if they collect assault rifles i guarantee they target shoot."The assault rifle, in the home, is for sport, it's a sporting tool just like a compact bow, just like some people might buy a fishing boat, the only difference being you go to a gun range instead of a lake or archery range."

Banning weapons doesnt do any good anyone who wants to do evil will find a way to carry out their intentions, with or without a firearm.Here case in point the UK has a ban yet we have stuff like this happen.

MAN ARRESTED OVER ATTEMPTED HOLD UP ON SOUTH BELFAST SHOP WITH A CROSSBOW

PSNI arrest crossbow man over shop robbery bid
POLICE have arrested a 31-year-old suspect following a botched robbery in south Belfast on Thursday evening.

A man entered a shop on the Lisburn Road armed with a crossbow and hammer at around 9.50pm.

It is not believed that anything was taken during the incident and no one was harmed.

The male was arrested at the scene and is currently helping police with their enquiries.

Anyone with information on the incident is asked to contact PSNI.

Two men have reportedly robbed a British post office using a crossbow, Sky News reports.

The two men, who did not wear masks, robbed the Plymouth store of cash and cigarettes. Estimated to be between 20 and 35, they held up the store shortly after it opened for business. Sky News quotes a police spokesman as saying:

The shop owner received a minor injury when the crossbow was thrust in his face.
Both men are considered dangerous and were armed at the time of the robbery. They should not be approached by members of the public.
The robbery comes shortly after a man known in the U.K. as the "Crossbow Cannibal" was sentenced to life for murdering prostitutes with the weapon and eating their flesh.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Other people have assault rifles, and they need to compensate.

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join