It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA Calls 'Open Carry' Rallies Scary and "Downright Weird"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LarryLove

No one needs an assault weapon strapped to their back when out to lunch.

Sure do for when the zombie apocalypse is nigh.

It 'could' happen !

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Sure the hell beats those who prefer the 'biggest' .'Baddest' government with their feet on our necks ready to snap it on a whim.

Because for the last 30+ years, and longer. Those shills on capitol hill have time, and time again abused their power.

Yeah, but unfortunately the totality of your posts suggests an individual who is so extremely right-wing, blindly hateful toward liberals. Your view on what constitutes a shill is severely bent. So much so, that you think mass killings is the same or better than what the government has already done to you.

That's a guy I'd prefer to not see armed at my local movie theater.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Yeah, but unfortunately the totality of your posts suggests an individual who is so extremely right-wing, blindly hateful toward liberals. Y

Liberals ?

Haven't seen any in the thread.

No wait I have they are the ones defending the second, and the rest of the constitution.

The extreme right wingers have been the ones supporting superfluous gun control laws.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
That's a guy I'd prefer to not see armed at my local movie theater.

Meanwhile at a police station near you......

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Sure the hell beats those who prefer the 'biggest' .'Baddest' government with their feet on our necks ready to snap it on a whim.

I think you have lost the ability to be reasonable. There is a lot of middle ground between accepting a big bad government and walking into a Chipotle with guns strapped to your body.

It's like the cowards who suicide bomb a bus stop. It's always easier to scare a crowd of un-armed civilians than to take your grievance straight to the source. You got a problem, take it to the source. Go march on Capitol hill. Leave the good people of Chipotle alone.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I thought the source was the people? Isnt that the whole point of this country? If I'm not mistaken I believe that's the whole point behind that second amendment thing. Oh, and the first. And the ninth, tenth, fifteenth, seventeenth, nineteenth, twenty-fourth.

So taking it to the people is in effect taking it to the source, is it not?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
The constitution is not set in stone..it gave the courts the ability to challenge it. So they have followed the constitution...or are you cherry picking what part of the constitution matters?

No, no it did not. The Constitution gave the courts the power to challenge the LAWS. Unfortunately, the court is now a rogue entity which oversteps it's Constitutional boundaries just as badly as Congress and the office of president do.

I am in no way "cherry picking" the Constitution... I'm showing the SCOTUS my bare ass. There is a world of difference.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

think you have lost the ability to be reasonable.

Have I ?

Since I don't support creating more laws for something that is already illegal.

That means 'I lost the ability to be reasonable' !

Sounds like my reasoning is working just fine.

It's like the cowards who suicide bomb a bus stop.

That is not even comparable.

Nice red herring.

edit on 4-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
I think anyone attending these open carry rallies is clearly overcompensating for something else.

Yep, they're overcompensating for a lack of political representatives with the balls to make DC actually follow the Constitution and respect our rights.
nyah

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere

I thought the source was the people? Isnt that the whole point of this country? If I'm not mistaken I believe that's the whole point behind that second amendment thing. Oh, and the first. And the ninth, tenth, fifteenth, seventeenth, nineteenth, twenty-fourth.

So taking it to the people is in effect taking it to the source, is it not?

I'm pretty sure the source of your pain is a tyrannical government hellbent on taking away your rights. You walk up to me at a Chipotle with a rifle on your back, and what am I supposed to do, other than scan for all the emergency exits and watch you very closely?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Pretty unreasonable, I'd say, yes. You're the scary type with your post-apocalyptic avatar, already able to buy so many guns left and right, but mad that there's any objection to you taking those guns to a fastfood chain. Seriously, you are one of the more extreme folks on ATS, and that's really saying something!

Red flag.....

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure the source of your pain is a tyrannical government hellbent on taking away your rights. You walk up to me at a Chipotle with a rifle on your back, and what am I supposed to do, other than scan for all the emergency exits and watch you very closely?

Is it? Sounds like a paranoid delusion to me. Maybe you should see somebody about that?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Is it? Sounds like a paranoid delusion to me. Maybe you should see somebody about that?

I definitely don't think it's paranoid delusion to see the rising tyranny of the U.S. government... We're all being watched, spied on, recorded, and cataloged. Drones in the sky, and big brother on our computers. That's reality. And yes, they might want to eventually take your guns. But I don't think fighting for your right to scare Chipotle patrons, or pushing for a society where everyone walks around packing heat is necessarily the answer.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

When all else fails.

Enter the personal attacks.

Yo do we or do we not already have a law that says A person can't kill another ?

So why do we need more laws ?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

You give me pause.

I can't say I've heard somebody identify growing tyranny and call for restricting liberty in the same breath.

Well, now mind you I'm not saying you are one but the racists have a way of mixing the two things. That is dialing back government overreach and simultaneously restricting individual liberties.

Just seems like a contradiction to me but then I'm kind of an all or nothing sort of guy. No glass half full or half empty just a full glass or a glass that isnt full.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

I can't say I've heard somebody identify growing tyranny and call for restricting liberty in the same breath.

I have it has become what the modern day definition of Liberal means.

People have the freedom to go around banning peoples effects.

Which is the antithesis of what the word means.

It is also called cognitive dissonance.
edit on 4-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

You give me pause.

Well, now mind you I'm not saying you are one but the racists have a way of mixing the two things. That is dialing back government overreach and simultaneously restricting individual liberties.

Just seems like a contradiction to me but then I'm kind of an all or nothing sort of guy. No glass half full or half empty just a full glass or a glass that isnt full.

Listen, bud, I don't want to restrict anyone's freedoms. Just maybe people could abide to a "don't be a douche" clause. We hear about crazy maniacs going in and killing people all the time. And you know what, I still believe in the right to bear arms... but you want to walk into a fastfood chain with rifles and semi-autos strapped on... Just don't be a douche. I respect your right. Just don't be a douche and walk into a place looking like you're ready to kill everyone there, just to make a political statement.

I think you need to take another pause and see I'm not your enemy... I'm just the level-headed guy who says rifles at Chipotle aren't necessary. Doesn't help the cause.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I still believe in the right to bear arms..

The right to bear arms is the RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS.

A person either believes in personal freedom or they don't.

See the 9th amendment for clarification.

To deny or disparage a right is a no no.

That GD piece of paper says so.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Umm.. What the heck guys?? I can't believe anyone supports the 'open carry' as some of these folks see it. Of course we have the right. We have the right to offend our fellow Americans in all kinds of creative ways. It's one of those things that set America apart in tolerance to do. We can offend almost anyone we want, outside a few protected classes, within a few protected circumstances.

We don't have to CHOOSE to though.. Good God.. I was still feeling a bit mixed until I saw this jackwagon.

(Source)

REALLY?! Lets ignore the couple really BIG safety issues self evident in that photo and just say that because we CAN doesn't mean we HAVE to and judgement comes with responsibility. Freedom requires responsibility. Some of these people have none of the above, but freedom, and I question how much of that some should keep.

When we're talking combat conditions to go to target for a grocery order, I'll understand someone with their gun show AK-47. Until then? With friends like that to the cause? No one needs enemies. We have plenty already.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

And that picture, plus all the others and those we haven't seen yet in regard to this protest, makes a nonsense of it all. No one needs to go shopping or dining with an assault rifle.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join