It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiananmen Square June 4th 1989....Does anyone remember?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I'm not going to make a huge thread with picutres reliving that horrible day. We all know what happened.I just want to post a reminder to people that this event did happened.
I haven't seen one post or thread yet on this anniversary of one of the worst massacres against peace loving protesters the modern world has ever seen.
Regardless of what certain governments want you to remember. A day that TPTB ignore and the Chinese government gets a free pass.
They censor words and dates and other world leaders don't speak up.
Does anyone here remember where you were or what you were doing on this day?
Twenty five years ago...do you remember the horror...how do you deal with the world trying to make us forget?

When pressed for a comment on this subject most globalist puppets say "it was an internal matter for the Chinese government."
But not in Ukraine, or Syria...or Egypt apparently.

Lets not forget those who died that day...showing courage that most of us could never muster in our life times.

Don't let the globalists change history and distort reality.....

Don't ever forget that day and how it changed the world.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: mark1167

I remember it well .

Thank you for this thread I hope other users also remember it too .

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

edit on 4-6-2014 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17
I was about to celebrate my first birthday as I was born June 13th 1988.

I have no memories of the event or teaching of it but will take the time to inform myself now.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

They want all who witnessed it and lived through it to keep quiet, and they want new generations to never know.
Educate yourself and all you know who haven't heard about this event and never forget it happened....and could very well happen again anywhere in the world.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
So much for democracy in China.
I watched Tiananmen very closely and figured it would end ugly.
We did get "Tank man" out of it though.
Not worth 500+ lives however.

China opened her doors to multinational corporations and now out produces every other Nation.
In less than 25 years they have gone from near 3rd world status to Super power on ascent.
We may have bigger regrets than lost jobs before all is said and done.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 23432

I hope people will remember and I hope people to young to know will educate themselves and learn what happened, because if we don't remember history will repeat itself.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I agree..that moment in time changed the future in ways we can't imagine.
It makes me mad that the globalists are harping about communism returning and tying that in with so called Russian aggression..yet communism never went away in China it grows stronger every day....but they say nothing about it.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

So how about us who don't remember? I was 5 years old....Can you give us a little information on what this was or what you are talking about here? Maybe a link to assist? Anything at all for us? I will educate myself on this "event" and it seems to have touched some of you pretty hard so it does sound important I just have no clue what you are talking about....Sorry

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
China Blocks Google Searches for Anniversary

LinkedIn Corp. said local censorship requirements "have just recently been imposed upon us within China," while Google Inc. 's search and other services remained inaccessible on Tuesday, in what one activist group says is a significant ramp-up of Beijing's blocks on the company. Anti-censorship activist group GreatFire.org said it had observed an escalation in blockage of Google services in China, including search, Gmail, translation and "almost all other Google products."

In 1989, China sent the military to Beijing's Tiananmen Square to put an end to student-led pro-democracy demonstrations. Hundreds are estimated to have been killed in the June 3-4 crackdown. A quarter-century later, it is a memory the Communist Party works hard to suppress in the public sphere. Rights groups said dozens of activists have been "detained, disappeared or summoned" in the weeks leading up to this week's anniversary.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I was 14, and remember bits of it. It was bad, I remember that much, and Im sure there was talk of people being run over by tanks, the reason I remember that, is because at 14, I was all set to join the army. My girlfriend at the time asked me what I would do if I was ordered to do such a thing I said I would refuse and she reminded me it would be an order. Anyway Im not going to pretend to know all the facts, just going to remember the folk that died and those that stood up to be counted

Starred and flagged OP

edit on 4-6-2014 by dam00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I remember well, op. I want to thank you for the thread too. There are things that should never be lost to memory. This ranks high up there as an entry to the short list.

I think personally, I lost innocence and that naive sense of things in a way nothing else would until 9/11. That day, watching events far away from my home in L.A., I learned monsters do exist.

I think the world learned things don't always work out for the best, happy endings are for movies and protesting for freedom really can cost us our lives in places.

God forbid current generations have anything like it to learn from. If this is never forgotten? Maybe they won't need one.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I remember it very well, because it gets shoved in my face every year through the media... even if I don't want to hear the same story every year.
There is nothing new happening, people will remember it and Chinese authorities will still ignore it and supress any protest and memorials... nothing new, year for year

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I remember pretty well. I had been working in the garden with my grandfather. We came into the house and my grandmother motioned to the TV. My grandfather just got this extreme sad look on his face. He was a WWII vet and guess he was just tired of seeing more oppression.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I remember it well. Our university term had just ended. My husband and I had just completed a second semester of taking Chinese from a Chinese national who was a visiting professor, one of three from Yunnan. We had become good friends with all three. I will never forget the horrified looks on their faces and the fear that was evident in their voices when they came to our home to tell us that they were being immediately recalled home. Our professor told us, "We must leave immediately. It is very troubling to know things that our government would not have us know. We do not know what will happen to us when we get home." They gave us their addresses and I wrote to them numerous times but never heard back from any of them so I have always wondered what happened when they got home.
They told us, on that last visit in our home that we were the only faculty members who had invited them into our home and that our hospitality had meant a great deal to them. They loved my white beans and ham and cornbread. They had never tasted cornbread before coming to our home but were from an area in China where beans were more prevalent than rice so they identified with our love of ham and beans!
Wherever they are today, may God bless them.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: mark1167
We all know what happened.I just want to post a reminder to people that this event did happened.

This has been covered quite extensively over the last week on the BBC. In a report it was highlighted the extraordinary lengths the one-party-dictatorship that is China’s authoritarian government has done to expunge this atrocity from China’s memory. When people in the comfy West complain about the press they should look to China and be thankful!

Is ATS available in China?

Regards

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Sure do! I was a 19 year old PFC in Germany....good times!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Oh yes. its right up there with the wall coming down and the shuttle challenger exploding. Poor fool who got ran over by a tank. owwch. yeah dont let the chinese forget it ever.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

I was incountry at the time.

An extremely dramatic time.

There really were serious fears of a civil war.

Precious people.

The wiser heads predicted what happened on 4 June. Sadly.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Yes, I remember.
Hope others do, too.
Great thread. I wonder if you put masks on all the people involved, there, what that would do to reality? Would the sacrifices of those in the square be the same? Probably not, huh, as the oppressed and the oppressors would then, possibly look and be just the same, or even change identities. In other words, those causing the oppression that led to the uprising would possibly then be the oppressed, thus totally nullifying the event, perhaps? What a way to suppress the truth about oppression, huh? But that wouldn't be the case at all, not even possible….

Hope those folks are all okay now. I'm sure they are. Cause after such a show of human bravery and a real attempt at true freedom, everything must be all right now, cause nothing's happened since, right?

At least, we all have to think so, anyway, cause if nothing's changed, why'd that guy stand in front of tanks. What did all that mean, then? If we so appreciate that, what's our responsibility, vis a vis, his sacrifice?
Tetra50
edit on 5-6-2014 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join