It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Visited" a lodge as a non-mason

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
A few months ago, I enlisted to a historic tour in a certain city in the uk, and as part of it we were shown around an estate and all the buildings.

The tour guide (who openly admitted to being a mason) was very detailed and explained a lot about the property and what was done with it.

Near the end he invited us and showed us around the lodge. (was some interesting things in the lodge)

I don't really understand, but downstairs it had a open room (similar to a church layout) but upstairs it also had a room which seemed smaller. and a very small room (the size of a porch)

What shocked me was (as a church goer) was the aura + energy feeling I got in the upstairs part of the lodge, it was so similar to the feeling at church.

Anybody else have this feeling similar to this ?

F.Y.I - The guide didn't really tell us much and deflected certain questions.

Just fascinating from a non mason perspective, especially when im considering petitioning.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The only Masonic Lodge I've ever visited is also a McMenamins. There was a lot of interesting and cool artwork around. I don't think this particular lodge is currently used as anything more than a McMenamins location. Also, I'm not a Freemason though grandfathers on both sides of the family were high ranking (32nd/33rd degree) Masons. My great grandfather was in the FBI during the days of J. Edgar Hoover and died when I was not yet old enough to ask any worthy questions of him unfortunately. He died a 32nd degree Mason and at the funeral two of his brothers arrived and honorarily bestowed the 33rd degree upon him. The other grandfather was nobody of major significance as far as I know. He was a county Sheriff's officer before being kicked off the force for stealing drug evidence. After that he owned and operated a bar. I'm named after him lol. He was a 32nd degree Mason. I can't really imagine the guy having done anything to advance "the great work". He was a John Wayne type.

What exactly are you considering petitioning?

Edit: The McMenamins Grand Lodge

edit on 4-6-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Considering putting in a petition to join a lodge.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Enlighten3d

They are advertising left and right for new masons in my area...their membership has appeared to be getting increasingly low and as a result money is not coming in. As a result of hearing the commercials on the radio looking for new members it's hard to view them as anything more than a men's club. Perhaps at one time they were something more but today I'm not so sure that anything clandestine is happening..

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Enlighten3d

There's a lodge on the property of a place I used to work at - a business that my mother worked at for 15 years before that - and over the course of the last probably 20 years; I've Always had an eerie feeling about the lodge.

As a kid - I had fears that there was some sort of secret society in there ( children's intuition eh? ) - as an adult, I came to learn that there really was.

From the outside at night, a suuuuper eerie green light emanates from behind the doors... I've been in once in young adulthood; and I can't say that it settled my feelings about the place at all. The large, very hollow downstairs had pictures of old men everywhere; with some medals and plaques here and there - but much like you (Enlighten3d) mentioned; there was at least one ( probably more - it's been some time and I was not as 'into' this type of stuff back then ) rather small room upstairs; and the entire building had an aura about it like you are depicting - very church... Like.

The more I type on this the more I want to go back in and reexamine it with the knowledge I now have - but I can definitely say that I remember similar feelings.

There any kind of thread around on Masonic Artifacts? I happen to be in possession of a Gold Pocket-Watch I was handed by a mason... Engraved with their logo and his initials... Pretty confident he has some rank among them.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DigitalJedi805

Not that it matters, but the whole "high ranking" think is bunk. A mason is a mason. None are any more masons than the others. (master masons)

If you do return, please take some pictures. Older masonic architecture can have some amazing work in it. Not all lodges have special carvings, but if there was a skilled stone or wood worker who happened to be a mason, they usually like to add their touches to the lodge buildings.

And I'd love to know the source of the green light. //cue scary music//

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I've heard differently about the ranking structure; from masons - but to each their own...

I'll make sure to take some pictures at my next opportunity - I stop by the property frequently, and perhaps now that I'm a bit older and far less likely to get kidnapped by fanatics - I'll take a closer look at the source of that light.

Maybe I'll ask my... associates, for a visit.

a reply to: network dude

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DigitalJedi805

I have only been a mason for about 8 years, so I may be missing something, but what I learned and what I teach, is that all masons are equal. It's why we say we meet "on the level". That way a guy who is a garbage collector can be master of a lodge and have a state senator as one of his officers who must follow his directive.

The Scottish Rite and other side bodies to have higher degrees they portray in numbers, but they don't have any meaning in regular masonry. I am a 32nd degree Scottish Rite mason, but in the lodge, I am just another mason mason. Our whole structure is based on equality.

If you get a chance to speak to any members of that lodge, you may want to ask their opinion on it. (never trust some random guy on the internet) but trust me.

edit to add: as far as kidnapping by fanatics, just carry some garlic with you.
edit on 4-6-2014 by network dude because: Augustusmasonicus drinks beer with Balphomet. In secret. On Mondays.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
I'm just a lowly college student and Vet and I'm Master this year. The current Governor of Idaho is a member of my Lodge.

With all of my titles, none of them matter in the Lodge except that I'm a Master Mason. The only titles I'm known for in the Lodge is that I'm a Master and a Past Master.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I am a Cowan.... of the worst kind!
I stumbled in unto the chamber of reflection and found myself alone.
I saw water.... sulfur... And salt.
It occurred to me that water meant stand up for the people person.
Sulfur meant endure (trial by fire) for the people person...
It taught me... if I could get through... that I would be made by the people person. Salt!
So... I got "inspired"!
That's when I decided to go in unto the lodge ( pronounced: let go!)... And manifest my experience....

Then this happened:
I, entered apprentice, exerted by passionate belief...
Then, it dawned on me that my mind and body worked like fellowcrafts and usurped by idea.
After a long hard struggle... The idea eradicating my inspiration took control.
It was a powerful and finite idea. It was absolute! Now I am a master mason of the lowest kind. With an idea not my own though I am convinced to a high standard degree.

That's when it hit me....
AASR stands for another @$$#0!£ seldom right!

The idea I started off with is funny.... It was "I am a Man!"

What convinced me... fellow craft style... was I can die!

LOL....

Come ATSians... let's have a good laugh...

Namaste

top topics

join