It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Golden Milk: The Simple Drink That Could Change Your Life

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Wanted to share the recipe of Golden Milk with the people of ATS. It is a drink I make myself although I do it slightly differently to recipe shown below. The main Ingredient of this is cercumin which it readily available and cheap to by in bulk. This recipe is very old and it has been used for thousands of years to alleviate many aliments. Science is only beginning to understand this amazing herb and the effects it has on the body.

The main ingredient in this recipe is turmeric. Turmeric contains curcumin, the polyphenol identified as its primary active component and which exhibits over 150 potentially therapeutic activities, which include antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.

www.trueactivist.com...

Benefits include:

Additional benefits:
Anti-inflammatory,
anti-oxidant,
antiseptic,analgesic,.
Boosts immunity.
Anti-carcinogenic.
Helps maintain cholesterol levels.
Promotes digestive health.
Liver detoxifier.
Regulates metabolism and weight management.
High blood pressure.
Memory and brain function.
Various skin conditions.
Neurological disorders.
Lowers Triglycerides

It can also be very effective in effects of certain types of arthritis and recent tests suggest it may be better than Prozac at treated mild depression. The active ingredient Cumin absorption rate to the body is increased some 2000% when mixed with black pepper. Some recent studies also suggest that it can protect the brain from the poisoning of flouride in the brain.

Basic ingredients to make Golden Milk

Ingredients:

1/4 cup of turmeric powder

1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper

1/2 cup of filtered water

The above ingredients are made into a paste and stored in the fridge. When you want to use it take a about 1/4 of a tea spoon out and mix it with milk in a saucepan and heat it. Be careful with turmeric t is a colourful herb that likes to stain. Personally I like to mix it tumeric, ground pepper, ginger and lemon and honey together for my morning drink.

and heres the walk through video.

purp

edit on 2-6-2014 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2014 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
thank you very much! bookmarked that link and youtube video so i can make some for myself!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

The main Ingredient of this is Cumin which it readily available and cheap to by in bulk. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cumin is not the same thing as turmeric.

Turmeric contains curcumin, but this is also not the same thing as cumin.

I'm sure you know this and it was a typo, but just a heads-up for others...

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

Thanks for that it was a type. I have corrected it now to stop any confusion...

purp

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I'm tempted but I don't think I would like the taste. I've tried taking Spirulina in apple juice as a healthy drink but it smells and tastes awful and I stopped because of that.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: iskander683

Really it does not taste bad. Well I do not think so anyway. Try the recipe I use with honey ginger and lemon too it just tastes like a spicy drink..

purp

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
It sounds great to me and I am going to try it now. Anything is better than medication with all the side effects now.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: gslassociates

Glad you are trying it. Hope you enjoy it..

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: iskander683
I'm tempted but I don't think I would like the taste. I've tried taking Spirulina in apple juice as a healthy drink but it smells and tastes awful and I stopped because of that.

Spirulina is nasty. Turmeric tastes nice. Really though, why put it in milk? I'd rather get my turmeric intake from a decent curry

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Thank you so much for sharing this S&F for you!! This is amazing info, it is so great to see the benefits of tumeric and all the other spices getting their recognition! This truly helps people!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I may well try it. Spicy drink sounds like it may be nice, actually. Cheers.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

I get fresh turmeric and ginger, grate up about one piece of turmeric and the same in ginger cover it in black pepper and cayenne pepper keep it in a glass container (you don't want all that plastic leaching into your super drink now do ya?). When its time take a teaspoon of the mix, steep it with a half a lemon squeezed in.

Hello, you will be awake. Its almost intoxicating. You get a little light headed from all the blood flow, just for a second though.
I really like the taste too.

s+f

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I make a paste ( tank/rain water) from tumeric, curry, chilli, pepper and small amount of garlic. Thin strips of beef are painted with the paste and left overnight in a cool container. Following day I place the strips in a dehumidifier. 8 hours later the greatest beef jerky ever for a cold morning.

Regards Bally

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Just to add, make sure you have a quality source for the turmeric and any spice, really ....not all spices are actually what they claim to be, there is a great deal of substitution and diluting for profit. It can be dangerous.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Marking for later

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Sounds interesting. I'll have to try it. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I add a sprinkle of turmeric to almost all my dishes because of it's proprieties.

If I want to actually taste it, I love it in rice, omelets and sautes.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

We keep the mix dry and sprinkle it on almost all food, it is great on eggs, potatoes pasta everything!

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

I make a paste ( tank/rain water) from tumeric, curry, chilli, pepper and small amount of garlic. Thin strips of beef are painted with the paste and left overnight in a cool container. Following day I place the strips in a dehumidifier. 8 hours later the greatest beef jerky ever for a cold morning.

Regards Bally

Without salt or sugar is the meat cured, seems like just drying would be unsafe.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Any suggestions for us non-milk-drinkers?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join