It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The results of the largest study of Women Leaders in Evangelical non-profit organizations.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
This is quite an interesting overview of a study of Evangelical Christian women in religious non-profit organizations in the US.

I find the graphs and percentages quite shocking. They show a significant disparity of women when compared to men, even in leadership positions.

Perhaps this comments on how women are unequal in the whole religious set-up that is patriarchal and frowns upon notions of feminism and women's equality.

Yet, a consistent driving force in much fundamentalist Christian proselytizing on social media that I find is actually driven by women.
Christian women preach ceaselessly and promote male preachers, and probably rake in quite a few converts.
It sounds like they do other unpaid church work too, yet they don't seem to get an equal piece of the pie.
And these are not the TBN starlets or dames, but women who are struggling with homelessness and securing a roof over their heads.

Should one pity them or even raise the issue?
I mean they do choose to stay in a patriarchal system where slaves should obey their masters, and women should obey their husbands.
Is there even such a movement as "Evangelical feminism"?

Here is the link:
www.christianitytoday.com...
edit on 30-5-2014 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I don't think one has to be a radical feminist in secular culture (or one can even worry that men may face discrimination in certain fields and instances), but I mean this is just horrendous.
Considering that religion is often a multi-million Dollar industry, how can this be?
It says "non-profit" organizations, but many religious groups could claim that, even when they do pay salaries.
Don't the Evangelical Christian men feel bad about this?
edit on 30-5-2014 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

I was raised in a missionary baptist church. At one point, my mother's money was keeping the doors open at that church. She was allowed to sit in on the business meeting, but was not allowed to vote.

This, from the same church that gave a sermon on "The Evil Women of The Bible" on Mother's Day. I'm not even kidding.

What else did they try to tell me?

Dinosaurs are fictional.

All Catholics are going to hell because they're "idol worshippers" because they pray to Mary...

The nonsense just goes on and on...

Many of them really capitalize on guilt. Using eve and original sin, they can guilt half the population. Like, "You're dirty for being born a sinful woman."

It's madness and you can't talk any sense to someone who really believes in it all.

But from what I've seen during thirty six years of living in the Bible Belt has me convinced that a good many of them just talk the talk at church and then turn around and live just like the rest of us sinners.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
This is quite an interesting overview of a study of Evangelical Christian women in religious non-profit organizations in the US.

I find the graphs and percentages quite shocking. They show a significant disparity of women when compared to men, even in leadership positions.

Perhaps this comments on how women are unequal in the whole religious set-up that is patriarchal and frowns upon notions of feminism and women's equality.

Yet, a consistent driving force in much fundamentalist Christian proselytizing on social media that I find is actually driven by women.
Christian women preach ceaselessly and promote male preachers, and probably rake in quite a few converts.
It sounds like they do other unpaid church work too, yet they don't seem to get an equal piece of the pie.
And these are not the TBN starlets or dames, but women who are struggling with homelessness and securing a roof over their heads.

Should one pity them or even raise the issue?
I mean they do choose to stay in a patriarchal system where slaves should obey their masters, and women should obey their husbands.
Is there even such a movement as "Evangelical feminism"?

Here is the link:
www.christianitytoday.com...

In God's eyes, both genders are special. He made us different, men and women, we do not have to compete.

God chose a "woman" to be the most holy of all men and women, Mary, Our Lord's mother. For some, they will not realize this fact until their "particular judgment." Satan was given a preview BEFORE his fall of Our Lord's mother's part in mankind's redemption.

The evil one hates the Blessed Mother. In God's plan enmity was placed between Satan and the "woman" and her seed. Read the original Genesis 3:15. Our Lord and His mother are sinless. If it were not true, one of them
would of cooperated with Satan. God makes exceptions like Enoc, Mary is one of them.

All makes sense, she would carry GOD inside her!

Genesis 3:15 in the KJV is so altered, Our Lord ends up being called "it." Here is from the original writings, check the English translation of the first Bible, the Latin Vulgate. See the footnote. A help to understand, everything is from God. The Blessed Trinity has chosen Mary to crush the head of the serpent.

Genesis 3:15
I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.

[15] She shall crush: Ipsa, the woman; so divers of the fathers read this place, conformably to the Latin: others read it ipsum, viz., the seed. The sense is the same: for it is by her seed, Jesus Christ, that the woman crushes the serpent's head.

www.drbo.org...

top topics

join