It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real problem with the police state!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I think we have made a serious mistake when it comes to law enforcement in the US.... And I think most of the problems come down to one issue.

Some where along the line we gave the police the right to be wrong and decided there lives were more important then our lives.

A police officer is in the compete right if he shoots and kills you as long as he claims afterward that he FELT threatened. Not that he actually was threatened... He just has to say he FELT that way.... Feelings are not reality. Your girlfriend might not understand that.... But the criminal system definitely should.

The police are the ones armed, trained and paid to deal with bad situations. Not the civilians! So the police should be held to a higher standard. Not givin the benefit of the doubt.

If a cop pulls someone over who is acting jumpy. Then that person reaches into there coat pocket kinda fast. It should be the cops responsibility to wait and verify it's a gun. Not shoot them and see what the guy had in his coat after the fact.

If a cop jumps the gun and shoots a civilian then we find out the cop misunderstood the situation and there wasn't a threat. Then that's manslaughter, period!

"Well he moved kinda quick"shouldn't at all be a defense. They are the ones paid , trained and armed the responsibility should be there's. Not the untrained unarmed civilians!

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It's not just the violence against people that is out hand. They come banging on the door in the middle of the night, and then shoot a dog if it barks at them. Shoot a police dog and it is treated as murder. If a cop ever shot my dog, he would have to shoot me, too. I would be trying to rip his freaking head off.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

And why do cops need hollow points!?

What happens to joe citizen if he shoots another man with a hollow point? That is not considered a self defense round last time I checked right?

Get rid of the 9mm and get something with some stopping power.
A double tap to the chest from a .45 will put any one on their ass, don't care what drugs your are on.
Tired of seeing cops unload a magazine of hollow points into some one.
They should not be shooting to kill, they should be shooting to STOP

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

It should be the cops responsibility to wait and verify it's a gun. Not shoot them and see what the guy had in his coat after the fact.

Lol if they had to do that they'd take legal action claiming such rules were unconstitutional and put their lives at risk.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Cops soldiers and firefighters get paid to put there lives at risk. It's quite literally in the job discription.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I don't think you got the joke, I was making a reference to this thread:

100 Seattle Cops File Lawsuit Saying They Have CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT To Brutalize Innocent Citizens!

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Fair enough :p

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

First of all hollow point ammunition is meant to place as much of the energy of the round into the target as possible without over-penetration. I use hollow points as self defense because I don't want my rounds travelling beyond the intended target.

Giving cops a .45 will result in multiple 8-10 round magazines being emptied into a person. That's it.

The problem is cops do not have rules of engagement. They do not follow proper tactical protocol, and are not held to any standard outlining such protocols. Even in war we aren't allowed to free fire, and it seems cops think the streets of America are their personal shooting galleries.

top topics

join