It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Restaurant Bans Gay Couple Because ‘We Do Not Like Fags’

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Who are you to decide that you can do whatever you want whenever you want, offend whoever you want but straight people do not have the same rights ?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Christian Voice

Where did I say straight people don't deserve the same rights? ??
And again, who is big earl to dictate how men and women should act?
Isn't that God's job?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I have asked multiple times for examples of him treating the straight couples the same way his daughter treated the gay one, cause yes I think they deserve to be treated like his establishment treats those that don't meet the reqs of his sign

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Technically the Straights have more rights in this conversation, it's not illegal to discriminate in Texas, no one is debating that. what many are saying is that it's wrong and discrimination is wrong.

no one is taking away your rights to think or speech, no one is saying you can't take your teaching and hate whoever you want to hate, no one is forcing you to be best friends with Gay people. we are just saying we deserve equal treatment because we are people

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

I will agree that it is wrong to discriminate against someone for something they cannot help like skin color or gender or physical handicap. One can certainly not be gay or transgendered. You will never ever convince me that people are born that way. God did not make people gay and then call them an abomination. Those are choices and I do not blame businesses for showing them the door.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Okay, but Religion is a Choice, and one not everyone makes, it doesn't control everyone. i never selected to be Gay, ever. i was born Gay. if you don't believe that, that is your belief.. though by admitting that you also admit that you could select to be Gay tomorrow, or your children could just select to be gay at whim...

but, since Religion can not control everyone, and you cant make Laws based on religion than theses discrimination Laws are not only wrong but unconstitutional, you want your protection and i understand, but so do we

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christian Voice
a reply to: Darth_Prime

I will agree that it is wrong to discriminate against someone for something they cannot help like skin color or gender or physical handicap. One can certainly not be gay or transgendered. You will never ever convince me that people are born that way. God did not make people gay and then call them an abomination. Those are choices and I do not blame businesses for showing them the door.

Just thank Jesus that you do not have to know our suffering. Suffering that is caused through misunderstanding and rigid bias.

You'll never believe we're born like this. But then again you've not even walked a single step in our shoes, preferring to listen to popular opinion that aligns with your faith supported view that we are misfits and hell bound sinners of the worst kind instead of listening and learning from our honest and heartfelt testimony.
edit on 8-6-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

No not at all like govt healthcare. You got healthcare while in the military. You may even qualify for VA healthcare. Those things would be alike.

Why, because you say so?
It is very much like the benefits offered to those that work for the Govt, or any other business full time.
But......if the GI Bill was taken away, I would not be bitching and moaning about it, like people do about SS.

So I see any govt assistance you take advantage of is deserved but anyone else that takes advantage of a govt program. Well..... must be welfare.

When did I say it was deserved???? Instead of trying to put words in my mouth, how about you read what was put??
And comparing welfare to the GI Bill is a pretty big stretch, even for you.

You were subsidized by the govt for schooling and you complain about SS that is hypocrisy.

And yes, again, I did use the GI Bill for schooling. The GI Bill is a benefit offered, for 4 years of service, where the military member pays into it, on a VOLUNTARY basis, has a certain amount of time it can be used.

Unlike your beloved SS or welfare, which is infinite for use, not voluntary and is not attached to doing any work to receive it.

So.........

Reminds me of what Carlin said anyone "driving slower than you is a moron any faster is an arsehole".

Cute story.

And who exactly do you claim is in poverty? Is half a million poverty to you?

The statement was in regards to my criminal based parents. Try to keep up.

I certainly hope you are not referring to my finances because I do not believe I disclosed them to you aside from saying I can't afford 60K a year to pay for my mother.

Please review above.

If you were referring to either myself or my mothers finances as being in poverty then you live in a totally different world than I do.p

Above

Are you even aware of what the average median income is?

I could care less.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Self chosen suffering, like a man cutting off his own hand and crying that it hurts. A woman cheating on her spouse and crying because she is hurting him. Boo frickety hoo

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Self chosen suffering,

Uh ... no. People don't choose to change their brains while they are in the womb.

Sexual orientation has a biological substrate -
A difference in hypothalamic structure between heterosexual and homosexual men

PET and MRI show differences in cerebral asymmetry and functional connectivity between homo- and heterosexual subjects

Sexual orientation and the size of the anterior commissure in the human brain

he midsagittal plane of the anterior commissure in homosexual men was 18% larger than in heterosexual women and 34% larger than in heterosexual men. This anatomical difference, which correlates with gender and sexual orientation, may, in part, underlie differences in cognitive function and cerebral lateralization among homosexual men, heterosexual men, and heterosexual women. Moreover, this finding of a difference in a structure not known to be related to reproductive functions supports the hypothesis that factors operating early in development differentiate sexually dimorphic structures and functions of the brain, including the anterior commissure and sexual orientation, in a global fashion.

Pregnant mothers undergoing massive stress have more homosexual children than mothers not experiencing stress.
Brain Development and Sexual Orientation

Boo frickety hoo

My god ... that's an awful attitude for a Christian to have.

edit on 6/9/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Those studies mean absolutely nothing. They most certainly prove nothing. For instance were the midsagittal plane of the anterior commissure larger the cause or the effect ? The brain is very powerful. I would say that it is more effect than cause most definitely. If it is a causal effect what caused it to begin with and at what point in their life was the onset ?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
From Big Earl's FB page today:

Everyone should understand this, there are two sides to every story, and the story about what really happened will not be censored.
The name calling never happened. Both men were acting inappropriately by sliding down underneath the booth, and began to rub on each others privates with their feet. - Earl Cheney, Owner of Big Earl's. That's when Cheney's daughter, an employee, asked them to leave.
"She said 'we would appreciate if you wouldn't come back, until you learn how to act in public"

Now maybe we can put this mess to rest.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

From Big Earl's FB page today:

Now maybe we can put this mess to rest.

Why? Because you choose to believe Big Earls latest version?

There's video of him saying something different.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I choose the unbiased truth

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

So he is back tracking that his daughter said what she said when he admitted that day that it was said.... confused.
He himself said that she said it, now she didn't? And let's get the video if his side of his story is not to be censored

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

I choose the unbiased truth

Cause his Facebook is going to be soooo unbiased
Comical

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39 >>

join