It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden interview tonight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'm watching the Edward Snowden interview with Brian Williams right now. I know the Government watches everything but to hear it from another source such as Snowden himself is kinda mind blowing.

I can't find the actual interview online to post it but you can see snippets of it here:

www.nbcnews.com...

or post interview analysis here:

www.nbcnews.com...

Post your input here, ATS

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

The silence is deafening.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I'm having trouble finding the entire (uncut) interview. Whats with NBC chopping up the interview into snippets? ANy one else?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I watched part of the interview on TV. It was good. I don't look at Snowden as a traitor, he did not give out information that jeopardized any military people. I wouldn't come back to this country if I were him, someone who is government support crazy will take him out because they think he is a traitor even if the government does give him amnesty
Yeah sure, look at what Kerry says, he would never get a fair trial here, he would be stuck in prison for life.

We can't even trust our government to fix the problems that he uncovered, they will just make it appear that they did. Most older people know this if they ever researched after the fact. They usually just get better at covering their tracks.

Not many people actually think that congressmen aren't still involved in legal insider trading. They probably just changed the definition on how to consider it with politicians. So their special brokers now don't say anything except buy this stock, you will make money. Everyone is happy. How is this related.....just an example of how the government can deceive us into believing things are fixed.

Snowden thinks that the government is fixing things, they are, they are fixing the system so they will never get caught again.

I suppose I should say that this is a fictional post, none of it is real.
Don't want to be on any lists.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
IF Snowden returns to the US and lives, he is a paid shill.
If he returns to the US and meets an untimely death, he told the truth.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

We can't even trust our government to fix the problems that he uncovered, they will just make it appear that they did. Most older people know this if they ever researched after the fact. They usually just get better at covering their tracks.

Snowden thinks that the government is fixing things, they are, they are fixing the system so they will never get caught again.

This government more than any other loves to kill the messenger. They not only got caught with their pants down, but they were at their ankles. Rather than say sorry lets fix this, we have out of control officials. It has been and will always be what a traitor Snowden is. Snowden didn't just drop a bombshell, he popped a nuke, and our governments response is he needs prosecuted as a traitor.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

And Kerry is all like "Man up and come home, we just want to talk to you." I don't think he's ever coming back. Another thing, what has he really told the world other than that the government spies on everyone, been fairly common knowledge for quite awhile. That knowledge hasn't changed anything.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: dfens

Common knowledge between conspiracy theorists. A lot of people had a clue, but didn't know what to believe. When he dropped the "nuke" it gave all of the crazy people solid proof. And it changed a lot. the government got busted, and although they continue to hack, spy and create problems in other countries, everyone from Dems To Repubs to Black white chinese you name it knows that the US government is the real traitor and spy. Hi!!!

That hi was for them, not you.

but anyways didn't get to watch it, will watch it if it isn't erased from the net. And Im glad he did this, he's a good solid guy in my eyes, it took ALOT of courage to ruin His life in hope of changing other peoples lives. he did it for the best reasons possible. Only thing is he didn't know how far the rabbit hole went, and that was one great miscalculation on his part.
edit on 29-5-2014 by Thisbseth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
IF Snowden returns to the US and lives, he is a paid shill.
If he returns to the US and meets an untimely death, he told the truth.

Not to forget: if he weighs the same as a duck - he's a witch!!

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I watched the Live commentary on NBC.com. It was the same, usual media spin . What I gathered was that the media argued (I took notes) :
People have an overinflated sense of "privacy rights"
People should be more concerned with marketing data mining
He really is putting lives in danger stating that he is "mistaken and naive"
Try and attack the fact that he seems so calm, collected and rational
Say he's damaged our image as a country
he's undermined our ability to collect information on true enemies
Argue he didn't go through the chain of command enough
Argue Snowden has a distorted sense of the 4th amendment, and how much the 4th amendment doesn't really apply to us now

How is this different than the usual bull the media spins? Nothing to see here folks ........

new topics

top topics

join