It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You all need to know something...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: godlover25

If you believe in a God, he gave us free will to question. If he's all knowing, than he expects and wants us to question things in life. We learn by our mistakes, and we question our own actions and beliefs. I believe we're here to learn and improve upon our spirituality. Everything we do, say, or act is a way for us to evaluate ourselves and the people around us. How many times have you ever said to yourself, "I shouldn't have said that," or "what I did was wrong, I over reacted," or "I'm going to act differently next time." We constantly have these types of debates in our own minds. It's really trying to better yourself and trying to understand another person's feelings.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: godlover25
In my mind calling someone who says "I believe in Jesus, yes, but His Father is evil, evil, very evil, a sicko who condones torture and murder" a deluded heretic ..

And what part of ... the murdering god of the Old Testament isn't really 'GOD', but instead is a fabrication made by fallible prophets who simply got it wrong ... don't you get? No one is calling the real God a sicko ... we are stating that the fake god that the prophets got wrong a sicko.

And you are still rude and wrong for calling people who you disagree with a 'deluded heretic'.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Forgive me EL SHADDAI, ELOHIM, ELOHI, TZABAOTH, ELIM, ASHER EHEIEH, YAH, TETRAGRAMMATON, SHADDAI or what ever your name is, all religions of earth with the exception of Buddhism are a crock of sh-it. Any religion that put constraints on the soul or orders to kill is no religion of unity. There for as i will not let my mind and spirit be tainted with absolute crap i ask that you teach me the truth directly so i can become who you designed me to become. I know you wanted alot more for me but the religions of earth got in the way.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I personally don't believe it is up to me or others to forgive you. Forgiveness is between you and your belief in God. It is personal. By asking others for forgiveness...it appears that you have yet to forgive yourself. This perspective of mine is based on your initial posts and then in your response regarding heresy/delusions.

Forgive yourself and others. If sincere, it is always more rewarding than asking strangers to forgive you. I am a stranger...I do not know you. I can not judge you, only perceive your existence through words written on this forum and vice versa, thus forgiveness from me would be senseless. We all make mistakes or speak before thinking. Actions are worth more than any words. Recognize the issue, forgive yourself sincerely. Others will know you are forgiven for your sincere changed actions will depict such.

It is called forGIVEness not forRECEIVEness for a valid reason! It is better to give than receive. God will provide you your forAWARDness not individuals.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Just Sayin...

It's funny because I look around and don't see a single atheist church in my city. I'm not sure that I even know any atheists here other than myself. Where are you going that atheism is getting crammed down your throat? Where do you live? I should visit sometime.
edit on 28-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

California...San Diego

Yes, we have an Atheist Church.

You are more than welcome and the weather is beautiful.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

California...San Diego

Yes, we have an Atheist Church.

You are more than welcome and the weather is beautiful.

Oh, California. That explains it. Well, then, maybe you should stop hanging around and gawking at the female attendees. I know that atheists are probably much more available than your average Baptist or Protestant, but there's a price with that.

edit on 28-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I thought the 'lord of hosts' gave gifts freely. Yet If one can be 'saved' is it not a permanent thing? What you are in fact saying is that JC Is a... blank blank giver. He said once saved always saved or was his Blood not powerful enough to save only Once/One Time ?
Did he lie? Must his people continuously ask forever and ever forgiveness for something he died but once to free you from ?
Just curious because if you cant trust Christ who can you trust?

edit on 29-5-2014 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Just Sayin...

Haha projection much?

You guys are great at that

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

google Orthodox Christian Salvation.

I don't subscribe to Protestant heresies

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Somewhere in the world is a person who would also call you a heretic. Several people, probably. Everyone's a heretic in someone's book. Pun intended.

Besides, I thought this thread was about love and acceptance?
edit on 29-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You know AfterInfinity,

If there was a forum about people who believe in Santa Claus, I wouldn't spend hours a day replying to threads on it arguing with something that I know to be ludicrous and untrue,

But if I had an inkling of doubt, and suspected maybe Santa WAS real, and it bothered me people would believe in Santa, maybe then I would spend time debating with them about Mr. Kringles existence....

Just sayin,

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

So in fact what you are saying is that your personal ideal of salvation is
greater than religions older than your personal religious belief? hmmm ok
that makes absolutely no sense. Anyways enjoy your personal hell / heaven
whatever that may be. In this world 'what you believe you create'. Illusion
here is most powerful.
Google 'REALITY IS AN ILLUSION' you may learn the truth.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity
Besides, I thought this thread was about love and acceptance?

Did you really think that? I've got a bridge to sell you .... :devil (I know, you were being sarcastic) "LOVE" isn't displayed by going around calling people 'delusional heretics' or 'swine' that you won't cast your pearls before. Self righteousness trying to put on a 'love' mask ...

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

but we do do those things in the usa. our taxes go to feed and clothe and shelter and provide medical care, for people who are down on their luck. many who have enough left over to pay their bills and survive, also give to various charities like the red cross and donate their time and energy in crises. there's only so much you can give however, before you also need someone to help you because you're completely broke. that seems counterproductive to helping others.

and hugs from this jesus freak to you.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
jesus is in the old testament. he is the creator. he is known in the old testament as jehovah in several places.
the bad guy is also in the old testament and is presented as jehovah in several places in the old testament as well, but they occasionally leave off the rest of his title : "of this world" the god of this world is the bad guy that jesus as the creator, is protecting us from.
the father is also in the old testament.
the father and the bad guy, are not the same person.
one is the owner of this planet and he doesn't like humans.
the father as a word concept, is two fold -- the father creator of the sons of god and the father creator of humans. these are two different guys. in this respect, jesus is the father......of humans. remember, specifics are extremely important because the text is highly condensed.
jesus is the creator of life on this planet and he likes humans and defends them from the ire of the owner of the planet, who would like to wipe us all out.
the father of the sons of god is not jesus. jesus is known as the creator god in the old testament, so he didn't lie when he said he was god nor did he lie when he said he was the father. he's the creator. he confused the languages at babel. he saved noah and company from the flood. he came in a human body and paid the price the owner of the planet demanded, in order to 1) give jesus the title of ownership at the end of the bad guy's rule and 2) to appease, once and for all (a condition he apparently set himself) the blood sacrifice issue that the god of this world demanded.

p.s. the father of the sons of god is not the bad guy either. he's the father of jesus and the other sons of god. yes, jesus is the father (of humans and life on this planet) and his father is the father of him. the prayer in gethesemane just snaps right into place when you realize this. jesus is telling the truth when he prays to his father and yet calls himself father. remember that. that's the most important part of all of this.

edit on 30-5-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo
jesus is in the old testament. he is the creator. he is known in the old testament as jehovah in several places.
the bad guy is also in the old testament and is presented as jehovah in several places in the old testament as well, but they occasionally leave off the rest of his title : "of this world" the god of this world is the bad guy that jesus as the creator, is protecting us from.
the father is also in the old testament.
the father and the bad guy, are not the same person.
one is the owner of this planet and he doesn't like humans.
the father as a word concept, is two fold -- the father creator of the sons of god and the father creator of humans. these are two different guys. in this respect, jesus is the father......of humans. remember, specifics are extremely important because the text is highly condensed.
jesus is the creator of life on this planet and he likes humans and defends them from the ire of the owner of the planet, who would like to wipe us all out.
the father of the sons of god is not jesus. jesus is known as the creator god in the old testament, so he didn't lie when he said he was god nor did he lie when he said he was the father. he's the creator. he confused the languages at babel. he saved noah and company from the flood. he came in a human body and paid the price the owner of the planet demanded, in order to 1) give jesus the title of ownership at the end of the bad guy's rule and 2) to appease, once and for all (a condition he apparently set himself) the blood sacrifice issue that the god of this world demanded.

p.s. the father of the sons of god is not the bad guy either. he's the father of jesus and the other sons of god. yes, jesus is the father (of humans and life on this planet) and his father is the father of him. the prayer in gethesemane just snaps right into place when you realize this. jesus is telling the truth when he prays to his father and yet calls himself father. remember that. that's the most important part of all of this.

This is the most confusing view of biblical deity structure I think I have read in a while. There is a god who has sons, one of which is jesus who is a god that made humans, on a different gods planet. Which leads us to jesus having to pay a price to the bad god for us here when he created us here in the first place? To me that implies the bad god is greater in power than jesus. Color me confused.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: drivers1492

yep and the text supports that, too. the owner of the planet took jesus up into a high mountain and showed him the kingdoms of the world and said, hey let's make a deal. you work for me instead, and i'll just give you it, straight up. (paraphrased). but they already had a deal in the divine court, that jesus was determined to fulfill his end of. this is also why as the god of this world is going out of power, he tries to totally screw the planet up so jesus inherits an ecologically screwed up planet with most of its inhabitants dead or dying. the god of this world, is a very mean guy.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

To me that implies the bad god is greater in power than jesus. Color me confused.

divine law dictates what the extent of power is on a planet. remember, satan isn't imprisoned yet, he's still in charge of a sector of creation in the universe. and he has access to the throneroom and divine court, where he brings matters relating to this planet to the attention of the judge of the sons of god. (the father)

he doesn't like humans, who were created by the god of life and healing, the creator god, jesus the father of humanity.
this much is evident just by reading what his reaction was to the first procreative human beings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join