It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You all need to know something...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I want you all to know, that though we may fight and quarrel over words and beliefs, I love you all.

We are all of one blood, going through the same human condition, we are born, we have relationships, we eat, we love, we fight, we drink, we sleep, we bleed, we work, we recreate, we die. What we do in between shapes us and who we are, and I believe to have a fulfilling life we must love one another.

So, although I may argue with some of you from time to time, I ask that you forgive me. If I have offended you, I am sorry, but we all must offend each other at sometime, for if we never offended each other, if nobody ever pushed us to go out of our comfort zones, how would we learn? My goal of using this forum is to expand my knowledge on spiritual matters and to rectify my relentless boredom. So far this forum has served both purposes wonderfully, and for that I thank you all.

I look forward to many more heated debates, humorous moments, and bizarre diatribes with all of you.

I want this thread to be one of forgiveness and love, so if you have aught against anybody, let us make public reconciliation here and now, this is to be a spiritual exercise, as Love and Forgiveness are two of the core spiritual principles at the heart of seemingly all world religions and philosophies, and are among the most honorable of the Godly virtues one may practice in this life.

Forgive me my brothers and sisters, for I am a sinner. Forgive my anger, forgive my hardheartedness, forgive my bigotry and close-mindedness, forgive me for not understanding your views, forgive me for judging you, forgive me for being slow to learn and quick to talk. Forgive me, forgive me, forgive me.

God bless us all,

and may the spirit of Love dwell on each of us,

always, now and ever and unto the ages of ages,

amen

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: godlover25

I want you to know I am not a religious person.

I want you to know I am a spiritual person.

I want you to know your post was amazing, caring, loving.....

I want you to know.....I Love YOU

I also want you to know that everything you said is completely true. We are only human after all.

I want you. and others to know that no matter what quarrels we have, we are all human.

Beliefs separate people, oneness connects.

Love all, respect all, live together all

Thank you.

Kindest regards

Spiro

edit on 28-5-2014 by Spiro because: someone pinched my dictionary

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Thank You...Have a great day.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiro

Imagine if nobody on earth could speak. What if we all had to just be. Why do we always feel like we have to be right? Why do we feel like we have to hurt and kill each other because we don't agree with others views?

And most of all, why don't we realize that we, OURSELVES, are the problem AND the solution? Sometimes I just need to step back and realize, all is well, no matter where I am or what I'm doing, all I have is this moment, all I can do is be still and love, in this moment. We all have something to learn from each other, every religion serves a specific temperament of a specific person, I think the ultimate test of life is whether we can learn to love each other.

Think of the parable of the good Samaritan and the publican and the pharisee. Jesus doesn't care about what we believe, he cares about how we act. He only wants us to believe in Him so we'll change our actions, if we claim we believe in Him yet murder each other, we prove ourselves hypocrites.

I love you too Spiro, pray for me, meditate for me, think for me, do whatever you do to bless me.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I believe this is known as Pascals wager.

And really, what better way to think? If everybody on Earth would do the following:

Love each other. Do good to each other. Lend without interest, give without receiving a reward. Clothe the naked, feed the hungry, shelter the homeless.

But we don't. Why? Because we're selfish. We want more than we need. We want 5 cars, not one. We want a mansion, not a home. We want a mistress, not a wife. We want money, not peace. We want the world, not God.

“But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either. Give to everyone who asks of you. And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back. And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.

“But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive back, what credit is that to you? For even sinners lend to sinners to receive as much back. But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil. Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Thank you. Sincerely, thank you. But if you love me, you should probably seek professional help.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

If it takes a god to make you a good human being, you're just not a good human being. So don't live as though there's a god, just live as though you possess a functional heart and an equally functional brain to pay attention to it.

Just my two bent pennies worth of cognizance.

edit on 28-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

If there's no God/afterlife, you won't find anything out when you die.

And what if you die and there is a god but it's not the god you've spent your whole life worshipping?

They tend to frown on blasphemers/heretics

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

Shouldn't we all?

Luckily for you my counselor is Jesus and the medicine He prescribes is His Body, I know I'm one sick puppy.

On a side note, isn't it crazy that a Psychologist with a DSM-V in hand can diagnose 10/10 people with one form or another of a "mental illness"? What do you think of modern Psychology / Psychiatry?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: godlover25
a reply to: Spiro

Why do we feel like we have to hurt and kill each other because we don't agree with others views?

This really hurts me. It's hurts me because I am sick and tired of being a human on this current earth. The rulers [decision makers] control and decide for us. We are not us, we are not allowed to love and respect each other.....it really hurts me

And most of all, why don't we realize that we, OURSELVES, are the problem AND the solution?

YES, we are the problem. I believe that thoughts made manifest....put out and you will receive. Think lovingly, receive lovingly. Fight spiritually and and the negative will fall. It will, and it is.

Sometimes I just need to step back and realize, all is well, no matter where I am or what I'm doing, all I have is this moment, all I can do is be still and love, in this moment. We all have something to learn from each other, every religion serves a specific temperament of a specific person, I think the ultimate test of life is whether we can learn to love each other.

Ekart Tolle comes to mind. A great thinker, a great mind. Live for the moment of now, in your own word... all will be different and indeed contribute to the oneness of love, respect and togetherness.

Think of the parable of the good Samaritan and the publican and the pharisee. Jesus doesn't care about what we believe, he cares about how we act. He only wants us to believe in Him so we'll change our actions, if we claim we believe in Him yet murder each other, we prove ourselves hypocrites.

Its sad, it really is sad.....and that's all I have to say

love you too Spiro, pray for me, meditate for me, think for me, do whatever you do to bless me.

Every day, I will. As long as I breath I hope......Dum Spiro Spero

Bless you, bless your family AND your enemies!!!

Much love, much much love X

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

Thank you. Sincerely, thank you. But if you love me, you should probably seek professional help.

People whom need professional help deserve loving too

Kindest regards

Spiro
edit on 28-5-2014 by Spiro because: someone pinched my dictionary

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

That's the problem my friend.

I'm NOT good.

If I lived my way, as if there was nothing but this world, I'd be obsessed with money. I'd be a womanizer. I'd use drugs. I see no reason not to if all there is is this. If this is it, why not please my flesh? Who cares if I take advantage of others, there just bags of flesh who came from nothing, waiting to return to nothing, who serve no purpose.

I know some who don't believe in God don't devolve to such nihilism and hedonism, but me personally, I'm not good. I know I'm selfish and sinful. I need a Savior. I need a Teacher.

Some atheists ascribe some arbitrary meaning to life, which I suppose is good, but ultimately it's meaningless. I see no "big picture" without God.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I'm NOT good.

If I lived my way, as if there was nothing but this world, I'd be obsessed with money. I'd be a womanizer. I'd use drugs. I see no reason not to if all there is is this. If this is it, why not please my flesh? Who cares if I take advantage of others, there just bags of flesh who came from nothing, waiting to return to nothing, who serve no purpose.

And you are absolutely helpless to come up with your own purpose for existing? I refuse to believe you are so pitiful as that. You clearly have a somewhat sound head on your shoulders, more than enough to fashion your own meaning in life. You don't need the definition of your existence handed to you on a silver platter any more than you need someone to decide your favorite color for you.

I know some who don't believe in God don't devolve to such nihilism and hedonism, but me personally, I'm not good. I know I'm selfish and sinful. I need a Savior. I need a Teacher.

...Sounds like you have some psychological issues you need to work out. And people wonder why I'm so critical of theism. Maybe this might explain some of it.

And I'm less inclined to believe in love coming from a guy who is so unwilling to love himself. It smacks of duplicity.
edit on 28-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Yes brother we do suffer in love .I would sooner change my rhetoric to those I may have offended then offering up a apology . I guess that actions are much more important then words .It's not like we have the opportunity to meet and give a hug to those we disagree with .I guess the least we can give is respect for the other persons religion .If they are seeking the truth then hopefully I can find it as well ...peace a reply to: godlover25

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I'm NOT good.

And you are absolutely helpless to come up with your own purpose for existing? I refuse to believe you are so pitiful as that. You clearly have a somewhat sound head on your shoulders, more than enough to fashion your own meaning in life. You don't need the definition of your existence handed to you on a silver platter any more than you need someone to decide your favorite color for you.

...Sounds like you have some psychological issues you need to work out. And people wonder why I'm so critical of theism. Maybe this might explain some of it.

And I'm less inclined to believe in love coming from a guy who is so unwilling to love himself.

I perceive your reply differently than the OP. I believe he does love him self very much.

You are coming across like a school kid, arguing with people who don't believe what you believe. Who are you to accuse the OP of his thoughts?

If members want to share their life experience on ATS then so be it. If you don't agree then why disagree? This is a thread, in case you hadn't noticed, about love, respect and harmony.

I am not religious by any means but yet I have connected with the OP.

Go take a chill pill

Regards

Spiro

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: godlover25
I want you all to know, that though we may fight and quarrel over words and beliefs, I love you all.

Then stop calling people who think of God differently than you 'deluded heretics' ...
It's rude and dead wrong.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiro

I'm NOT good.

And I'm less inclined to believe in love coming from a guy who is so unwilling to love himself.

I perceive your reply differently than the OP. I believe he does love him self very much.

You are coming across like a school kid, arguing with people who don't believe what you believe. Who are you to accuse the OP of his thoughts?

If members want to share their life experience on ATS then so be it. If you don't agree then why disagree? This is a thread, in case you hadn't noticed, about love, respect and harmony.

Go take a chill pill

Regards

Spiro

Irony much?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiro

I'm NOT good.

Go take a chill pill

Regards

Spiro

Irony much?

No, not at all

Just saying it as I see it. The OP has a point if you see past the religion.

Kindest regards

Spiro

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I'm not saying it to belittle you or call names.

In my mind calling someone who says "I believe in Jesus, yes, but His Father is evil, evil, very evil, a sicko who condones torture and murder" a deluded heretic is the same as saying;

How can you say you love Jesus yet disrespect His Father? That is completely inconsistent with Christianthought, if you follow Jesus you are a Christian, you cannot follow Jesus yet disrespect His Father, it's simply incorrect.

It's just a short way of saying the above sentence.

Delusion - somebody holding a false belief
Heresy - a belief that goes against mainstream religious thought

Believing God the Father is somehow evil, is a HERESY. It goes against what billions on earth believe, and only a small minority believe it. It is Heresy. Plain and simple. Heresy.

Delusion is basically synonymous with heresy in this context, so I hope you get my point.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Just Sayin...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join