It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Capital Punishment Alternitive Methods

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That was a heart breaking story...

It fills me with rage that a system which decides whether somebody lives or dies depends has a board of pardons and paroles, which reviews an application for clemency, does not have to review materials/evidence, doesn't debate a case in person and cast their votes by fax.

—a process that has become known as “death by fax.”

Do americans, who support this system, even know about this?

Imagine being on death-row for 10 years, having evidence of your innocence and people in power can just ignore this!!! This is called justice??

I am soooo glad I do not live in your country! The bureaucracy is also terrible where I live but atleast it won't get me killed.

Peace
edit on 29-5-2014 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Drone strike!!!

Or start an IV in each arm and just let the blood drain out.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Craninalbliss

Gene Simmons treatment. he was a great bad guy.
If you haven't watched the 'remake' of "Wanted
Dead or Alive" Rutger Hauer does the great-great
grandson of TV bounty hunter Josh Randall,
aka McQueen. If it's in the buck rack, rent a copy.
I'll recuse myself from describing the end of the
movie, but I will say it's quick and a sure thing LOL.

And da Rabbi was close-- but it still takes long
enough hanging upside down from nail holes to
maybe make it cruel and unusual.
On 'd udda hand, if you're on the receiving end of
Georgie sometimes he could personify cruel and
unusual... at da same time. God I miss him.

For Wrabbit: after "From the Earth to the Moon"
I think Victor Barbicane's anti-G force cocktail and
the gyropods were a loser. We're still talking a
half a bazillion G's for acceleration; so the sturdy
brunette girl should have been even more a red
doormat in the space suit. Although I have in my
life known some pretty wiry flag football players...
edit on 29-5-2014 by derfreebie because: I'm gonna have a plan-eurism

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
something like the guillotine would seem a relatively humane thing compared with some of the other methods.

Since stories/reports from the decapitated party about the experience are pretty rare, I was wondering...

after your head is chopped off, does your head still register things? Does it not take atleast a good few seconds before the brain shuts down from lack of oxygen/blood?

I mean a guillotine is pretty effective in chopping off a head. It's not like somebody hacking away with a knife, struggling to seperate your head from your body (which is actually pretty hard to do) and by the time they're done you have already checked out. But with a guillotine the job is done so quickly that, in theory, your head should still be doing it's normal stuff while being seperated from the body....right?

Has any research been conducted into this particular area because I doubt the experience will be regarded as "humane" by the one who has to undergo the procedure..

Doesn't take away the fact that it can really "up" the amusement factor with this sort of execution though. Suppose a severed head still registers things for...ohhh let's say....30 seconds, you could really have some fun with that.

Peace

Edit to add: Looked it up and it is suspected that the head could still register things after decapitation but only for about 4sec or so.....but still, there is potential to add some extra creativity with those 4 seconds.

One Mississippi...two Mississippi...

Second edit to add: The sudden drop in blood pressure apperently makes it so that you only have a few second of consciousness left in your severed head. So maybe if you really heat up the guillotine blade before dropping it, I mean like red-hot, and you push the head against the blade after dropping it, it could seal the cut and bloodpressure would remain stable thus prolonging the "after-seperation-fun-time". I have no medical degree so I'm just guessing out loud here....
edit on 29-5-2014 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Using lasers to chop off someone's head.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
We have a waiting list of people who need organ transplants, and here yall are, proposing we just shoot some perfectly good innards out into space...

Yes, I know. I'm suggesting that convicted violent felons are just spare parts inpotentia.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
ppl are in my head!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join