It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When was the last time you saw a police car or police person?.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
We were chatting last week at work and one person said they had not seen a police car for three days and this got me thinking...when did I see one? well including today it is now I think 7 days, I heard a siren go off this morning but was in bed so I didn't look out for it.
So is this odd I can go so many days without seeing Da Cops?.
Or is it just quiet?.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
quite often see them as i'm walking along main roads going from place to place, and when i used to live next to the old stoke football ground you couldn't move on a saturday for plod standing 2-3 on every street corner, but you couldn't blame them as it was overtime paid for by the football club and if they were lucky they got to see the match for free

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Today. Two traffic ones and although you have not asked, two Ambulances!

I had to cross my city today by car.

P

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

I see them frequently as I commute, but I live in a major city. It's that thing where you don't notice them unless you're looking out for them-Apophenia

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Oh Boymonkey I got pulled over again this weekend, they don't leave me alone, another lane violation. They find out I'm not drunk and send me on my way, I have at least a dozen of those in the past year.
edit on 25amSun, 25 May 2014 05:54:05 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Usually if you don't see them, their probably right behind you, or staking you out. Have you noticed an influx of ice cream trucks or telephone line men hanging about?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Had coffee with a couple of the police in hanoi back in october when was there ..
Otherwise dont see any out here in the border areas unless you count the occasional army patrol that passes through every couple months .. pretty much out here were left to ourselves..

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Had a polite ID check on a gas station teh day before. Had a a bit bigger rumble a month bck, but all went fine. Remember, they are also humans like us, just took certain decision in their lives to support the system and feed out of it. I think they need more help from us, than we from them. I policemen I know personally are pretty nice persons.. just jumped in the wrong game IMO.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I seen four just yesterday at work. Three local townies and a Sheriff.

I work at a distribution center and we had a driver come in to pick up a load. He does his business at the guard shack and goes to the back of the trailer to open his doors. A girl gets out of the truck and comes around to the guard and proceeds to tell him that she had been kidnapped and needs to find the nearest train station. Guard tells her there are no stations in our area so she goes and get back into the truck. Kinda weird right? The truck heads into the lot and the guard calls the police. The police comes rushing in like they were going to save the world. Turns out they were a couple and was fighting and she wanted him to drop her off and he wouldn't. She ended up staying with him. It just blows my mind how stupid some people can be at times.

I thought for sure with that many cops together that somebody was going to get shot, but no guns were ever drawn.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I see them all the time, they definitely aren't an endangered species.

My city has, County Police, City Police, FWC, Highway patrol all running over each other. I swear they breed like cockroaches.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Yours are probably having a couple days off before the big holliday DUI watch
Happens before and after every holiday
Oh and they know Doomsday starts on Monday, so they are getting rested up

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Hi boymonkey74

Do you drive?
Most police (as stated by the police!) are out chasing motorists and handing out tickets. It's not the fault of the officers, it the money grabbing system they have to work under that forces them to do this.
Where I live there are a number of locations where they use the speed guns. These locations are on the exits of the towns where the motorist starts to accelerate. They've recently moved the speed restriction signs about another mile further out of town. The unwary motorist doesn't realize and gets caught on these TRAPS!

Thats where you'll find the police these days, usually about five of them per TRAP!

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Yesterday when I went to the Army/Navy store. I parked right next to him; even gave him a curt nod and, "Afternoon, Officer."

Then the craziest thing happened.....

He said hello back and didn't beat the hell out of me. Couldn't believe it!

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
We were out yesterday and saw two of them, one was hiding trying to get speeders. The other was just driving down the highway. Now, this is Memorial Day weekend, there should be a lot out giving tickets for seat belts....click it or ticket weekend.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I see them everyday more than once a day..

In my county they buffed up their patrols and how many cops they have.

Can you say hiring spree?

-SAP-

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I witnessed a wreck a few days ago in Houston. A guy wasn't paying attention and ran into the back of someone sitting at a redlight. Both drivers got out and talked for about 5 minutes. The guy who got hit was on the phone with the cops the whole time. In that 5 minute timeframe, I watched 6 cops drive by without stopping. There was another cop parked under the overpass less than 40 yards away.

After 5 minutes, the guy who ran into the other guy decided to hop in his car and take off. He recklessly drove under the overpass squeeling the tires and almost hitting 2 other cars before having to stop right next to the cop parked there. The light turned green and he drove away.

So to answer your question, have I seen any cops? No, can't say I have.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hmm. What time is it?
The cop shop is 3 buildings down from mine. Small town(about 8000), they stand out.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Everyday....and one just a minute ago drove past my house. I see them all the time in Dearborn and Livonia, Detroit Mi.

We have all these simultaneously in our areas: Michigan State Police, Wayne County Sheriff, Dearborn, Dearborn Heights, Inkster P.D.'s

There is no shortage of visible police presence anywhere on a daily basis in Southeastern Michigan.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
The cop shop

LOL
When I was a teenager we'd use "Cop shop" when referring to the police station (UK 1960's).
Made me smile to hear that again.
Haven't heard it called that for many years! Is it your age?
or is it in common use in Canada?
edit on 25-5-2014 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous

Like OMG! He didn't murder you for saying hello. I am shocked!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join