It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Underwater Circles Found In Croatia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Some claim these strange shapes come from unexplainable natural occurrences, while others link them with an extraterrestrial presence. They exist in Croatia as well, but in a quite unique form.

During last year’s routine underwater mapping, 28 perfectly round shapes were discovered in the underwater vicinity of Dugi Otok Island.

Each of them are 50 meters in length, and the circles are 300 meters away from each other.

www.adguk-blog.com...

Any ATS detectives got any ideas of what these circles might be. They have ruled out fishing explosions they have also ruled out geophysicists that have been working in the area.

Locals report seeing strange lights in the area and heard funky noises many are convinced that there might be something under the sea.

It seems a bit strange that the area is dived a lot a and no one has seen them. I wondered if they could be caused by some kind of gas bubbling up to the service.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer
Hi I think there is another thread here somewhere. I didn't browse it so you may have another slant on the story.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

According to this they're seagrass circles.

You've heard about crop circles, but what about seagrass circles? Aerial photos of the coastline of several islands in Croatia show regular circles of sand amidst a sea of Posidonia oceanica, a seagrass endemic to the Mediterranean.

Biologist Mosor Prvan from the Sunce Association, a nonprofit environmental organization that first noticed the circles, doesn't have an explanation for the phenomenon. The circles are about 164 feet in diameter and are roughly at the same distance from the islands and from one another.
mashable.com...

I doubt these were made by Doug and Dave

edit on 22-5-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Hi purp!
Ive seen this somewhere here too, I think it was unexplained circles of seagrass or something(?)
I will see if I can find it. Very odd that they cannot be explained by geology tests or something human induced

ETA: Ah! Thanks goretex!

edit on 22-5-2014 by Starcrossd because: added info

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I'd guess these circles are caused by dredging rocks and sand at regular intervals along a coast from a centre point (ship) to provide land reclamation materials for sea ports and similar.

Not the same area but read this:

PORT CONSTRUCTION, CROATIA

And this link which references THIS story and a follow up which mentions dredging:

New report adds to dredge debate

edit on 22/5/2014 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
heres the link to the group who actually are investigating the missing seagrass,

sunce-st.org...

and a quick read with plausible reasons

mashable.com...

top topics

join