It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

an unexpected discovery in the brains of autistic children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I did a search here and did not find so made my own thread on this

www.wired.com...

The new study is notable because it applies sophisticated molecular labeling methods to postmortem tissue from people with autism who died as children, which is incredibly hard to come by, Insel says.

“If it’s real, if it’s replicated and it’s a consistent finding, it’s more evidence that autism starts prenatally and only manifests itself when kids start to have trouble with language or social behavior around age two or three,” Insel said. “These kinds of changes in cellular architecture would happen during brain development, probably around the first part of the second trimester.

......of course more studies need to be done,but, very interesting for sure
edit on 20-5-2014 by research100 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2014 by research100 because: added sentence

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

The findings might also be consistent with spontaneous gene mutations, which have been implicated by several teams of autism researchers in recent years, says Robert Hevner, a neuropathologist and neuroscientist at the University of Washington. Unlike the inherited gene mutations passed down from parent to offspring, spontaneous mutations occur later, during development
a reply to: research100

This is not evidence of prenatal brain disruption or a genetic cause of autism. This is evidence of brain structure disruption of unknown origin. It is a piece of the puzzle though.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

It could also mean, if proven to be occurring in vivo during gestation, that external contaminants introduced to the Mother or indeed to the Father, either years before or in the case of the Mother alone during pregnancy could be a causal factor.

External contaminants could include among other things, vaccinations during childhood or pubety, or later in such things as a HPV vaccine, or innoculations for travel to certain areas of the globe for example.

So no get out of jail free card for we-all-know-who, as is i suspect is the thrust and main drive of this study.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I read a few weeks ago that a recent study showed that woman that take SSRI antidepressants are three times more likely to have a child with autism.

I have not checked out the study for validity but it was published.

My nephew is autistic.

Link
edit on 20/5/2014 by earthblaze because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Maybe they will be able to use this new information to find the cause of the increase in autism. There could be multiple causes in the environment. By environment I include changes in food chemistry, water chemistry, and also electromagnetic changes in the environment both of ourselves and the foods we grow. The medicines and vaccines may also be involved, but they seem to be covering that one up because the FDA allowed it. You can't expect the people allowing this to say that they messed up, that would mean they would lose their position. Coverups everywhere. Deny everything and only accept evidence that they deem as pertinent to be used to fight their decisions. This is not science, but science is structured to use the rules that these people say is allowable.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

It could also mean, if proven to be occurring in vivo during gestation, that external contaminants introduced to the Mother or indeed to the Father, either years before or in the case of the Mother alone during pregnancy could be a causal factor.

External contaminants could include among other things, vaccinations during childhood or pubety, or later in such things as a HPV vaccine, or innoculations for travel to certain areas of the globe for example.

So no get out of jail free card for we-all-know-who, as is i suspect is the thrust and main drive of this study.

Good grief!

Do you know how many things this opens the field up to?

But by all means, let's continue to keep our blinkers on because it certainly MUST be those evil vaccines. :roll eyes:

If you narrow your field of vision enough, you might even be able to find a way of cramming your preferred result into the data you produce, too. Today's scientists are experts at that rather than simply generating data and going where it leads them.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Besides the issues and social handicap autism, might cause. There are autistic individuals with a talent unlike any normal man can be blessed with.

Autism can in some cases be a step towards expanding the human capabilities, and a natural way to test these new abilities.

Not everything is caused by us.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
GLYPHOSPHATE

join