It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interstellar. Movie by Christopher Nolan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrose
Yeah,I'm looking forward to "Interstellar"-it looks good.
But,what I am really really looking forward to is the film "Jupiter Ascending" which is out next year and made by the Wachowski's(who made "the matrix" and "cloud atlas").

Whereas you compared Interstellar to Kubrik's 2001,the Jupiter ascending trailer made me think of Dune.
Check it oot here,watch in 1080 if you can:

Does that look cool,or what?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

heyy, I know Wachowskis very well and I love their films (and I've seen this trailer already as I watch all the intriguing trailers as soon as when they come out
)... so it's definitely going to be a great one as well, it was supposed to premiere this summer, but was postponed until 2015,hm... IDK why though. V for Vendetta, Cloud Atlas, The Matrix... have been intriguing, mind-bending and thought-provoking... i hope this one is going to be as well.

Interstellar is the most anticipated movie of 2014, by far.
edit on 4-10-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

true that, I am over-hyped it seems, but it's just because it's the only movie aspiring to surpass Inception from 2010 in terms of quality and sound-visual experience ... so we will see and find out soon.

I can't think of one sci-fi movie that won Oscar for the best movie of the year... at least, not in recent decades.
Nolan wanted to get one with Inception, though he was left out with some oscars for visual effects, cinematography, soundtrack ...etc... not the MAIN ONE.... so .... this should be it.

The music is backed up by Hans Zimmer, he has Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Michael Caine, Matt Damon, Jessica Chastain, Casey Affleck, Wes Bentley.....Cinematography by Hoyte Van Hoytema, Paul J. Franklin as a visual effects supervisor ....
well... if not now, then when? if not them, then who?

edit on 4-10-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose
Interstellar is the most anticipated movie of 2014, by far.

I heartily agree-I love the way it seems Nolan has taken inspiration from real space technolgy and photography.
I see influences from the cassini probe,the ISS timelapse footage.
Adds realism to the film's ideas I think.

Good choice of actors too-I have always rated Matthew McConaughey as a high quality actor,and hey-what guy does not love to see Anne Hathaway in a movie?

Can't wait.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Worst movie of 2014. Huge disappointment.

If the Nolan Brothers were going to put out garbage like that, put out it for free on Television. The Nolan Brothers didn't tell the audience what the time setting was. Did the story take place in the future or in another alternative reality. I lost enjoyment of the movie when it suggested the the U.S. didn't go to the Moon(we went to the Moon). A minor character stated it was a U.S. created propaganda ruse to bankrupt the Soviet Union. And NASA still use chemical rockets to fly into Space and people still drove in Dodge Ram pickup trucks. The ending was nonsense.

Don't bother renting this piece of crap.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: RossWellOldMexico

then, my friend, I must say you are not a well educated man, neither an engineer.

that movie is pure magic, i mean merely watching it with DTS Sound on your Home Theatre (if you have any) certainly gives you goose bumps as it was filmed with IMAX cameras (mostly) and the original score was composed by Hans Zimmer, who is definitely one of the best composers of his generation.

Deeply sorry for your utter misunderstanding of the movie, usually I would suggest watching it again, though I won't this time. Just leave it and let others enjoy this great masterpiece it surely is.

edit on 4-6-2015 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

I watched it twice so I could get my moneys's worth. The movie had so many plot holes in it that you could drive a Dodge Ram 4x4 truck(same vehicle that Casey Affleck drove in the movie) through it. You don't have to insult my intelligence. What are your credentials to mock my insight? I am educated enough to know I got ripped off and won't be getting the 3 hours of my life back watching this dreck.

Does Nolan expect me to believe that the Cooper character can survive being engulfed by a black hole? The crushing force of a black hole would've popped Cooper like a pimple.

The only true masterpeice was "2001: A Space Odyssey". Nolan tried to outdo Kubrick's epic classic and fell well short. Nolan had better film technology(IMAX, CGIs) and couldn't surpass Kubrick. Nolan needs to stick to making "Batman" films to ensure any kind of success in the future. The dude is overrated as a director
edit on 4-6-2015 by RossWellOldMexico because: added point to reply.

edit on 4-6-2015 by RossWellOldMexico because: added point to reply.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: RossWellOldMexico

I agree completely but not with your reasons.
The movie was painfully average, full of exposition and nonsense dialogue and overly melodramatic and cheese laden.

It was visually stunning and the ideas and premise equally amazing but it was so poorly executed and not evolved enough or explored enough that it failed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join